Post-Game Talk: Rangers Spank Flyers in Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I am not going to lie, I understand it sucks to have a couple of days off, but the coverage this year has been PHENOMENAL. I have watched multiple games every night and they are all on national TV. Who cares if there are 2 days off? The sport itself has a lot more coverage which is good for the league

Definitely. I'll start on NBCSN, then check out MSNBC, then go to NHL Network.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Definitely. I'll start on NBCSN, then check out MSNBC, then go to NHL Network.

Exactly. I can't believe people are really complaining about the schedule. For those of us not living in the NY market, we get to see the Rangers play EVERY game of the playoffs. No blackouts. No nothing. National TV.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I am not going to lie, I understand it sucks to have a couple of days off, but the coverage this year has been PHENOMENAL. I have watched multiple games every night and they are all on national TV. Who cares if there are 2 days off? The sport itself has a lot more coverage which is good for the league

Absolutely. I can't think of a year that it's been easier to watch playoff hockey, or a year that I've seen more playoff hockey on TVs in public places. It's pretty great. Awesome match ups too - Pens/CBJ and STl/CHI have been incredible series.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't see McDonagh making many mistakes that look like it's because of a bum shoulder. If hope it's just that and some rest will help (need to win it in 5 then), but I don't know.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
A certain amount of discomfort can affect your entire decision making process. It doesn't have to be something that he specifically does with that shoulder.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I don't see McDonagh making many mistakes that look like it's because of a bum shoulder. If hope it's just that and some rest will help (need to win it in 5 then), but I don't know.

If he's playing hurt, it will affect more than just how he moves his shoulder... it will certainly affect decision making, angles he takes etc.

The guy has been mentioned in Norris conversations... and was our best player this season (not a small feat with Lundqvist behind him). A little slack wouldn't be out of the question.

I see Tawnos beat me to it. Well played

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If he's playing hurt, it will affect more than just how he moves his shoulder... it will certainly affect decision making, angles he takes etc.

The guy has been mentioned in Norris conversations... and was our best player this season (not a small feat with Lundqvist behind him). A little slack wouldn't be out of the question.

I see Tawnos beat me to it. Well played

He's my favorite Ranger, I'm trying to give him some slack.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
If we go by a few fans on this board, "getting his head out of his ass" will cure a bum shoulder.

I think the poster was kidding as he retracted later, but mental mistakes are not injury related. Just maybe Mac isn't up to playoff game speed yet. Though, watching him later in the game he started carrying the puck more and looked more himself. Today he was quoted as having no issues with his shoulder, with each game the game speed will come back and the mistakes will less and less

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yea, well, some people on these boards need a scapegoat just to scapegoat, when really no team, nor player, is perfect; which is a concept that few seem to comprehend.

Nothing to do with the people posting here. It is a universal fault of mankind.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
McDonagh will get better with more games under his belt. I think he's still recovering in the sense of getting back to game speed.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I think the poster was kidding as he retracted later, but mental mistakes are not injury related. Just maybe Mac isn't up to playoff game speed yet. Though, watching him later in the game he started carrying the puck more and looked more himself. Today he was quoted as having no issues with his shoulder, with each game the game speed will come back and the mistakes will less and less

Mental mistakes can be injury related because you are used to reacting at a certain speed to any given situation. His brain might tell him to do the right thing but his body might not respond as quickly as normal.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Mental mistakes can be injury related because you are used to reacting at a certain speed to any given situation. His brain might tell him to do the right thing but his body might not respond as quickly as normal.

I'm going to disagree on this because if you watch him closely he is rushing things, that not because of the shoulder. If he was trying to avoid contact on the shoulder then yes I would agree but he is not doing that. As the game progressed, he started to carry the puck more instead of trying to make passes that were not there. IMO, he started to get the feel of the game back. We all want the think the worse when a player is coming back from an injury, but sometimes it's as simple as getting the mental part back

AHB*

McDonagh will get better with more games under his belt. I think he's still recovering in the sense of getting back to game speed.

I agree and thought this was relatively obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad