Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Daniel Paille

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
You're wrong. Staal before his injury was one of the best D-Men in the league and probably in the top 25.

Go watch some highlights of him against Ovechkin. He was an amazing player. Which makes it so much harder to see him these days. His career was literally ruined by his injuries.

Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself since you so clearly missed these SEASONS. People aren't referring to a game or two. Staal was a legitimate top pairing D-man for YEARS.

Staal was a byproduct of a torts system that catered to playing defense for 50 minutes and hoping for a goal.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
He was a borderline #1 defenseman before his injury and a definite top pairing player. Your revisionist history is laughable and pretty much shows someone who only recently began watching Staal.

I also like how you're creeping up your views of him after being blasted for them. Now somehow we've gone from him being a miss as a draft pick (which is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted in ages on here) to now somehow being "above average" and outside of the top 25. Talk about moving the goal posts considerably once you were called out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't rate the player and never have. In my opinion he was never a top 25 defensemen in the league. I said it in response to another post but I truly believe he was a product of the system we played. All defense, cover from the forwards, and an elite goaltender who masked he deficiencies of most of our players.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Looks like a solid depth signing. The Rangers have been on the lookout for a Boyle replacement since he left. Someone who can help protect leads, makes the right plays with the puck and transports it down the ice during their shift. Boyle and Moore were phenomenal at it. Hard in zone starts, transport the puck, get a whistle in the other teams end.

agreed. 4th line should always be Paille-Moore-Fast--no doubt about it

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3