Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Daniel Paille

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Just one game and all I can say is that he skated hard and seems reasonably smart. Really like hearing all of the positive reports on him from Bruins fans. I think the so-called love for Glass is manufactured by the media...whereas it seems Paille is a legit likeable guy with more hockey ability. Liked his interview between periods, too. Think he'll be an easy one to root for.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Exactly what i expected. Can skate, knows how to PK and is an instant upgrade over glass. Now if we can just you know, get glass back in the AHL, that'd be great.

Vickers8

As advertised smart, positional, fast, I remember him as a very good PKer, perfect 4th liner, not an offensive guy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers PK has been a disaster for a while. Not the last couple games because we've kept up the box. But the narrative that it's all about the D is not on the mark. There have been too many times that shots from the point have been getting through to our net and too many times that those shots have been set up for a point man directly in front of our net. Our forwards have not been pressuring the points nearly enough.

Too early to say but Paille's job will be to take a checking line role and to upgrade our PK. Whatever offense it might provide is just gravy--you take whatever you get and if there isn't any you go without. Not sure either if Paille is going to be a regular every day player.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think he will be an AV favorite in very short order. He gives the team something it had been missing.

A reliable forward to throw out there to protect leads and kill penalties. Add in the championship experience, he's a guy that you want and need on this roster.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
When kreider gets healthy I expect glass to sit... But what is best for the team in my opinion tends to be vastly different than what AV thinks

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Payless-More-Staalberg will be a great 4th line

Once Kreider is a regular, I could see AV doing this.

I would rather Stalberg go up on the third line with Lindberg-Hayes and put Fast down on the fourth line. Miller goes up to the second line.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Once Kreider is a regular, I could see AV doing this.

I would rather Stalberg go up on the third line with Lindberg-Hayes and put Fast down on the fourth line. Miller goes up to the second line.

I mean, if management is serious about scrounging every cap dollar available, sending Glass down and pulling Megna up relieves another $300k+ of cap space...

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I think he will be an AV favorite in very short order. He gives the team something it had been missing.

A reliable forward to throw out there to protect leads and kill penalties. Add in the championship experience, he's a guy that you want and need on this roster.

Agreed. Fast, smart, 2-way PKers are a favorite of AV for sure.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Paille looks like he has a really effortless stride. Very good skater. He also caused some frustration on the forecheck. We need more of that.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Really? He wasn't a top 25 defensemen before the injury. Now he's horrendous.

He was a borderline #1 defenseman before his injury and a definite top pairing player. Your revisionist history is laughable and pretty much shows someone who only recently began watching Staal.

I also like how you're creeping up your views of him after being blasted for them. Now somehow we've gone from him being a miss as a draft pick (which is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted in ages on here) to now somehow being "above average" and outside of the top 25. Talk about moving the goal posts considerably once you were called out.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Really? He wasn't a top 25 defensemen before the injury. Now he's horrendous.

You're wrong. Staal before his injury was one of the best D-Men in the league and probably in the top 25.

Go watch some highlights of him against Ovechkin. He was an amazing player. Which makes it so much harder to see him these days. His career was literally ruined by his injuries.

Seriously, you are embarrassing yourself since you so clearly missed these SEASONS. People aren't referring to a game or two. Staal was a legitimate top pairing D-man for YEARS.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Looks like a solid depth signing. The Rangers have been on the lookout for a Boyle replacement since he left. Someone who can help protect leads, makes the right plays with the puck and transports it down the ice during their shift. Boyle and Moore were phenomenal at it. Hard in zone starts, transport the puck, get a whistle in the other teams end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad