Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign D Jack Johnson to one-year deal

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
they cannot.

simple as that. the free agent class is abysmal. jack johnson is abysmal.

the only way is via trade or promotion.

sadly, its looking like brendan smith. hajek or perhaps k'andre.

or ADA moves over.
Exactly my point. It's gonna be a trade, wasn't anything that was going to happen today. We're still rebuilding.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This whole situation can be made a lot better by NYR getting a legitimate first pairing ld. Get a guy who will skate with Trouba and kill penalties like mad, and let Johnson and Smith the sheltered third pairing.

We can't afford that. They are going to have to patch up the left side for this year.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Then like i said to you in the previous thread why get rid of a 2nd to get rid of staal. Coulda done everything they needed to without getting rid of that contract.
Gotta think there was a deal in the works that fell apart or that we’ve yet to see ...

Reactions: Trueblue30

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Possibly, if the right deal is available. I thought you meant signing a UFA.
Oh hell no there’s no one of that quality in Ufa right now. We need someone better than Brady Skjei and that will be tough to get

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Pretty amazing takes in the main board about this signing. Almost as if everyone believes the Rangers are contenders and Johnson will only slow things down.
Folks need to step away from the ledge and relax over a 1 year/1m cheap band aid of a contract. This next season is about gauging how the younger players are developing. People thinking Johnson will take time away from a prospect like Miller making his way into the lineup are out to lunch. We won’t remember Jack Jonson this time next year. Stick to the plan... defense will take at least another season to get going.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I know we're 8 pages into this so I'm a little late but I won't forgive myself if I don't say this.

Jack Johnson is what Penguins fans did when it was announced we signed him.

Reactions: New York City

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Larry is saying this guy got a ringing endorsement from Jacques Martin

Anyone who thinks he’s not getting regular minutes is kidding themselves

Reactions: Rangers743

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad