Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign D Jack Johnson to one-year deal

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, dude, to be blunt about it, no. It's not worth a response. It's tired, non-sensical bullshit.

If you want to be a sheep, be a sheep. "Oh it's a hockey GM, he must be infallible". You can go die on that hill. Tell me if there has never been a good hockey player that was good in "muh locker room". Wanted awful players because they're doing something actually good players can do is what's nonsensical. But continue living in the 90s.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I mean with all the positive things that had happened to our team lately why her crazy over a guy who is probably not going to play much if at all. His cap hit is nothing. I admit it don’t love the signing but there is no risk and won’t effect us

Reactions: haveandare

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Getting alot of use out of this today
40b41d46a779193ebf7bf37aaea5a23c.gif

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If you want to be a sheep, be a sheep. "Oh it's a hockey GM, he must be infallible". You can go die on that hill. Tell me if there has never been a good hockey player that was good in "muh locker room". Wanted awful players because they're doing something actually good players can do is what's nonsensical. But continue living in the 90s.

Well that was predictable. :laugh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
all this hysteria is hysterical to me.

He's a warm veteran body, at low salary, for 1 season, when they ain't contending anyway.

If he is good enough for coach Martin, and JD approved, I can roll with it.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
w640xh480_GettyImages-1076297056.jpg

"We needed this type of player now that Staalsy left. Jack brings an awful lot of experience to our group. He has great leadership qualities and he is going to be a great example for our young players the way he carries himself on and off the ice. Jack has an awful lot of swagger and is going to be big piece in our pk and powerplay. He is a heck of a hockey player."

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
He's going to play a lot of PK minutes, I hope you are all aware.

Believe he was one of Pitt's most-used defensemen shorthanded.

If a bad player on a 1 year, ~1mil dollar contract is your biggest complaint with our GM, I invite you to take a look at that of some of our competitors. Perspective, fellas.

That said, I'm less than thrilled

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Maybe, just maybe he has a season that isn't a flat out dumpster fire and we can get a pick for him at the deadline?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

"We needed this type of player now that Staalsy left. Jack brings an awful lot of experience to our group. He has great leadership qualities and he is going to be a great example for our young players the way he carries himself on and off the ice. Jack has an awful lot of swagger and is going to be big piece in our pk and powerplay. He is a heck of a hockey player."
He plays with a lot of pace

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Dont post quotes without links lol

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Hopefully he is limited to 3rd pairing/7D use depending on our young guys, and they don't let him give financial advice to the kids.

In a perfect world, all of Lindgren, Reunanen, Hajek, and Smith show up to play and push him down the depth chart.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
3rd pairing is a quarter of each game. PK is kinda important. Yeah blah blah one year, but WHY give the year to an awful defenseman. 7 billion humans and you couldn't find ONE to give a million dollars to who can play better D than this guy?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

For what it is worth: I have been on teams with talented jackasses who played selfishly and created tension in the locker room and in practice. I have also been on teams with untalented mensches who play selflessly and create positivity in the locker room and in practice. There were instances where the talented jackass was a net negative to the team, and the untalented mensch a net positive. Of course, you'd like to fill your team with 20 talented mensches if possible. But the world is not so easy.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I know a lot of you are saying 'it's one year, it's one million, he's cheap depth that brings experience...'

I'm sorry to tell you that he really is as bad as everyone says. Even if he plays ten minutes a night, that's ten minutes that you'll spend hemmed in your zone because he'll keep throwing grenades that bounce back into the d zone. 'Just give him offensive starts, he's been productive before' you might respond.... until you watch him fumble the puck at the blue line for the 1000th time leading to yet another odd man rush.

The guy isn't an NHL player. I question if he's even an AHL player. He makes the entire team worse by being on the ice. It's almost better to just send four skaters out at even strength than to send Johnson over the boards. I know our teams are rivals but I'm sorry you have to deal with him

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Love the whole "Oh NoEs QuiNN wilL DefInitEly plAy thE veTeraN" panic when... arguably the franchise's greatest player just signed with a rival because he played a rookie over him.

Because Henrik didn’t “play right way”.... you’ll see haha! Jack Johnson plays the right way!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad