Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Ben Harpur to Extension [2Y, 775K AAV]

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I like it. Harpur is a fine #7, I've been pleasantly surprised that he hasn't been terrible. He actually has looked better with the Rangers than he did with Hartford, IMO.

The contract can be completely buried so there's not really any cap concerns.
If only it was a 2 way contract so would be easier to bury lol

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Drury wrapping up as many cheap deals for decent depth as he can find. Fine with it.

Harpurs been unnoticeable at best and that’s what you want from your 6th/7th.

End of the line for Hajek

Reactions: NYR Viper

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Drury wrapping up as many cheap deals for decent depth as he can find. Fine with it.

Harpurs been unnoticeable at best and that’s what you want from your 6th/7th.

End of the line for Hajek
would Hajek for Tomasino work?

trade Hajek for a forward in the same situation. Doubt Hajek has enough value for a pick, rather take a chance on a reclamation forward project.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Hand out a 7 year disaster contract to a 3rd line center that you think is a 2nd line center when you already have a younger actual 2nd line center... and you get into situations like this where you also think a scrub like Harpur is worth not only wearing a number that should be retired but also think he's worth a 2 year extension.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Hand out a 7 year disaster contract to a 3rd line center that you think is a 2nd line center when you already have a younger actual 2nd line center... and you get into situations like this where you also think a scrub like Harpur is worth not only wearing a number that should be retired but also think he's worth a 2 year extension.
It's nice to have a crystal ball. They needed someone to replace Strome and his 5Mil ask and nobody knew for sure if Chytil was able to handle the 2c position full time. He gets hurt often and there were still question marks about how consistent he could be. What happens if Chytil can't do the job this year? gets hurt? Then what? I will tell you what. Then they have a giant hole down the middle. Trocheck gives them depth down the middle and is on pace for 25 goals and 55-60 points. The 5.6 AAV is not bad although the term may be a year or two too long. Harpur has been fine and is signed at league minimum and can be sent down to Hartford if needed. A necessary signing and if you think that every playoff team in this league doesn't have cap issues I have a bridge to sell you. Every team is struggling with quality depth because of the flat cap. That's just reality.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Im not concerned with this contract.

What i am concerned about is Drury watching him play in person the night before and then saying “yup we need to extend him for two years”

Like, why even bother with this contract until the offseason.

Reactions: Off Sides

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Im not concerned with this contract.

What i am concerned about is Drury watching him play in person the night before and then saying “yup we need to extend him for two years”

Like, why even bother with this contract until the offseason.
You're not the only one who's said this, so I am not singling you. Work on the contract was happening way before the Toronto game between Drury and Harpur's people. There's zero correlation between oh he had a bad game so I'm going to extend him 2 years.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
You're not the only one who's said this, so I am not singling you. Work on the contract was happening way before the Toronto game between Drury and Harpur's people. There's zero correlation between oh he had a bad game so I'm going to extend him 2 years.
80% of the board would prefer 82 single game contracts in a season for each player.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad