TOI:
Gaborik:15:42
Richards:16:58
Kreider: 12:58
Hagelin:14:56
Nash: 18:22

Boyle: 17:02

And this is a game where we had 4 PP and only 1 PK

LOL...really not much you can say about that one...

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I can't fault Torts game plan in the game. MacLean was trapping the entire game, and Torts system is designed for playing against the trap.

However, the Rangers looked completely unmotivated through most of the game. Rangers lost most of the board battles during the game. The Rangers needed to take it it to Ottawa physically, they didn't.

That's what I thought as well. No fire or emotion. The Rangers were successful against Ottawa in the playoffs due in part to their physicality and they seemed to have forgotten that.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Time for a coaching chance. And a retool if that doesn't work out.

Build around Stepan, Nash, Hagelin, McD, Staal, MDZ, Hank, Kreider, and Callahan.

Gradually replace the rest with other pieces.

Yes, I'm quite pissed right now.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I admire some of you for having stuck around this long.

I'm not sure why I still watch, but I do sometimes. I definitely won't watch Montreal on Saturday though. I'll get enough texts from Quebecer friends as is lol.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Honestly, I watch every game, though I don't know why anymore. It is not rewarding, relaxing, exciting or, in any way, enjoyable. I work full-time. I hit the gym on the way home every night and I get home at around 6:45pm. I watch the Rangers until 9:40ish each night, maybe watch other games end or catch the beginning of a west coast game and go to bed. It's a poor use of my time. I'm not getting anything out of it. I'm not being entertained. I'm not enjoying myself. There is no reward, as a fan. If we were Colorado or Edmonton or Toronto, it wouldn't be the case. Not because those teams are better than us, but because their games are entertaining. They play hockey. There's skill, puck movement, excitement. I'll always love the Rangers and bleed blue (and that answers WHY I continue to watch each night despite getting nothing out of it), but it's getting harder and harder to care this season, and not because of the record, but because we're a disgusting, sloppy, heartless, boring, boring, boring team. Hank is the only one I feel for.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Just deleted everything I wrote, I am in not a good mood right now ... :facepalm:

No talent, a coach with no clue, thats about it. Ottawa is really just that much better than us.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Can someone explain to me why Miller gets so much love from Torts. The kid is a turnover machine and finally it bit us in the ass

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
What exactly did Kreider do wrong to be benched tonight?

Seriously. Why the hell was Miller on the power play? He just isn't doing anything offensively besides holding onto the puck for too long.

Kreider>>>>>>>Miller in the offensive zone (personally I think Kreider is better than Miller all around)

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
I'm hoping if they don't make the playoffs Torts will be fired. His press conference will be epic tonight. Might define his Rangers tenure.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
He was an EMBARRASSMENT tonight. Diving all over the place

I agree. Pretty disgusted by it. If that's his plan for getting the team going or giving us a chance to get back in it... give someone else the C. Wanna draw penalties? That's fine. And Cally's game is still great most of the time. But that's not what I need our captain to be doing right now. Not unless he's doing a hell of a lot more. He was disgraceful tonight.

Heyoooo*

Im getting really sick and tired of the favoritism from Tortorella.

Accountibility? BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad