Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I remember when they used to call practically begging you to add seats to your account. Everything is a cycle.

And then a few years after you added those seats when the team becomes good again, they will label you as a broker and take them back; then when the team goes bad, the cycle restarts again :sarcasm:

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
looks like the relocation round is now closed, did anybody improve this year?

I have 6 together and there was absolutely no grouping of 6 except for row 1 so I had to stay put. Twice before I was able to move all 6 but not in recent years.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Has anyone redeemed any ticketdisaster vouchers? I just checked my account and have a whole bunch of vouchers for $2.25 each and UPS vouchers for $5 each. Anyone know if they can be combined on an order?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Has anyone redeemed any ticketdisaster vouchers? I just checked my account and have a whole bunch of vouchers for $2.25 each and UPS vouchers for $5 each. Anyone know if they can be combined on an order?

I remember reading it was 2 max per purchase.

Did they ever release the free event list?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

They say you can only use 2 vouchers per order. I noticed that they stopped calling it a "processing" or "order" fee and changed it to "service fee" on ticketmaster, which is apparently what this lawsuit was about

I also noticed that if you go to buy tickets to a broadway play the service fee is $10. So if you max out your two food stamp coupons at $4.50, ticketmaster walks away up $5.50 net from you

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Schedule looks tough for re-sell. First 10 of 14 home before people care-- Ouch.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Did I really just get an email from my rep asking to donate money so that less fortunate kids can go to a Liberty game at MSG?

Are you ****ing kidding me? Dolan how about you ****ing donate the tickets to let those kids go into your building and watch the game. What a disgrace.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Did I really just get an email from my rep asking to donate money so that less fortunate kids can go to a Liberty game at MSG?

Are you ****ing kidding me? Dolan how about you ****ing donate the tickets to let those kids go into your building and watch the game. What a disgrace.

Yup, I know it's a huge ask. lol As if there won't already be 15,000 unsold tickets they could donate.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

yup. my thinking exactly.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Yeah absolutely they should be donating Liberty tickets themselves.

But in general what I don't like about the MSG donation policy is that they created Garden of Dreams as their own exclusive charity vehicle for PR purposes. 100% of their charity effort goes into that foundation and they don't give to anyone else. So if a NYC elementary school for example asks for tickets to be donated for a fundraiser auction MSG basically tells them go to go F themselves. They only promote their Garden of Dreams cause to inflate their brand value as opposed to genuinely trying to be charitable to a wide range of causes

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Any idea why even though the NBA and NHL season almost completely overlap, their respective schedules are released 2 months apart?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Any idea why even though the NBA and NHL season almost completely overlap, their respective schedules are released 2 months apart?

can't wait to start selling your Knicks tickets I take it ? :naughty:

I don't know either, but it's always the same thing. NHL quietly releases the schedule a couple weeks after the Stanley Cup, and the NBA has a big flashy schedule release event the first or second week of August and highlight the openers and Christmas day double/triple headers with the top star-driven teams.

NBA is more of an annual media produced event whereas the NHL just gets it over with

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm not selling anything until we sign Durant. ;)

lol, forget KD - D. Rose alone will drive sales by 50%. Now just imagine if Phil picks up all these free agents on 2yr/1yr opt out contracts and all of a sudden there's a win-now team at MSG? Tickets will be hotter than Hamilton all season long

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
lol, forget KD - D. Rose alone will drive sales by 50%. Now just imagine if Phil picks up all these free agents on 2yr/1yr opt out contracts and all of a sudden there's a win-now team at MSG? Tickets will be hotter than Hamilton all season long

I think you severely underestimate the demand for Hamilton ;)

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I think you severely underestimate the demand for Hamilton ;)

Yeah there was recently an amex presale so I looked for tickets around mid-Feb and the face value for decent orch seats was $850 plus service. I'll just wait for the made for tv movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad