Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Would This run impact the dynamics of the original upgrade/downgrade process? The timing is delayed but the pool of available seats should be the same as the decisions have to be made before the run. I can see the run impacting additional seats as more people would want to add. Thoughts?

There is always a percentage that don't renew usually between 5-10% depending on the season. I bet the percentage is much lower this year. At least 2 of the regular posters on here had said they were not going to renew but I wonder if they changed their mind. I do know at least 2 friends of mine that have requested more tickets for next year to be added to their account
So basically I would expect not much available for next year

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
I was talking to the guy with the seats next to mine last night. He had a 50% partner who said a month or so ago that he would be dropping out, and he had asked me if I knew anybody who wanted a share of his tickets. Well, last night he said his partner changed his mind and would be back taking his 50% next year.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Same. Also, my thoughts echo Giacomin's. High renewal rate, more people looking to add, fewer new people getting in.

But the deadline to renew was May 5th. On May 4th Pittsburgh shut us out, and on May 5th we got shut out at home to go down 2-1.
I think there were plenty of people who though "Same old Rangers" and did not renew.
I have no idea if the Rangers would let people who had tickets re new after the deadline date, but assuming they would not there may be more tickets available this year than in the past.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Guys how much are season tickets for the upperdecker seats? And do you get first dibs on playoffs/stanley cup for example like right away?

I'm just curious if I ever decided to do one would it be worth it...Obviously this year yes, but down the road

AHB*

Guys how much are season tickets for the upperdecker seats? And do you get first dibs on playoffs/stanley cup for example like right away?

I'm just curious if I ever decided to do one would it be worth it...Obviously this year yes, but down the road

Depends on where you sit. Safe bet is 2700-3500/Seat.

Yes regarding playoffs.

And you won't get them right away, as many have said, you will be wait listed. I was in the lowers this year, moved to the uppers for playoffs but my rep told me it's still unlikely I'll be able to do a full year in the uppers. I have to wait and see until July.

If not, then at least another year in the lower bowl or on the chase bridge.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

You have the right to purchase your season seats for the playoffs. As many have commented before, getting into the upper bowl right away is tough. I think there's a chart somewhere in this or the previous thread with all the different price levels.

AHB*

You have the right to purchase your season seats for the playoffs. As many have commented before, getting into the upper bowl right away is tough. I think there's a chart somewhere in this or the previous thread with all the different price levels.

Yup, as I said, my rep really loves me and she told me it will be highly unlikely that I"ll move to the upper bowl, even though I toughed it out in the lowers this year. I can't imagine newbs are going to be able to get them immediately.

I'll gladly do it again in the lower and try to do the move to the upper for playoffs, but honestly, this run has fulfilled me quite well. Just glad it worked out this year.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
But the deadline to renew was May 5th. On May 4th Pittsburgh shut us out, and on May 5th we got shut out at home to go down 2-1.
I think there were plenty of people who though "Same old Rangers" and did not renew.
I have no idea if the Rangers would let people who had tickets re new after the deadline date, but assuming they would not there may be more tickets available this year than in the past.

Maybe this year is different but as far as the deadline to renew it used to be that you could renew almost right up until the day before the relocation process begins. Even though there is a waitlist MSG is in the business of making money and I cannot see them turning away someone until they start the relocation process.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Would This run impact the dynamics of the original upgrade/downgrade process? The timing is delayed but the pool of available seats should be the same as the decisions have to be made before the run. I can see the run impacting additional seats as more people would want to add. Thoughts?

In life there are lines you have to wait in, and there are people that skip those lines. I imagine a lot of people with connections at MSG are going to be jumping the line to get the best available before any existing or new STH get a craxk at them

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
In life there are lines you have to wait in, and there are people that skip those lines. I imagine a lot of people with connections at MSG are going to be jumping the line to get the best available before any existing or new STH get a craxk at them

No doubt about it. This series will have a lot of people skipping the lines to get in!

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

The deadlines are soft. How soft is another question. The only way I see the Garden cancelling someone's subscription is if the subscriber actually phoned it in and told their rep, "Cancel me, now!"

I split tickets, and my buddy who is the subscriber of record has always missed deadlines and ask that deadlines be extended in order to push the charge on the card to the next billing cycle, and so forth. Our seats have never been cancelled. He's even gotten reminder phone calls from them..

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Just got the seat relocation email from the Rangers (and the Knicks too)

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
We are delighted that you have renewed your New York Rangers season tickets for the 2014-15 season! You have previously indicated interest in relocating to another location and/or purchasing additional seats. Accordingly, we want to share some important information related to this upcoming process.

The process for positional relocation and additional seats will begin the week of June 16, 2014. Your specific appointment date and time will be issued about one week prior with communication including log-in information and appointment instructions. The priority for your scheduled time relative to other eligible Season Subscribers is based solely on your subscription tenure. As always, seat relocations and the potential for additional seats are subject to seating availability.

We will once again be using the virtual online interactive tool which will allow for the ability to view and select the best available seats according to your individual preferences. It will also allow you to access available seating any time after your scheduled appointment date and time so you can continue to search for seat locations until the process has concluded.

You will be able to access the online upgrade tool using My Rangers Account Manager via nyrsubcentral.com with your account number/email address and password. If you have forgotten or lost your password, click on the "Forgot Your Password" link and it will be emailed to you. Please note that you must be compliant with the existing payment terms in order to participate in the relocation and additional seats process.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to speak with a representative instead of using the interactive tool, or if you require accessible (ADA) seating due to a disability please contact me right away so that I can better assist you and/or help make alternate arrangements.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Notice the word Relocation and not upgrade as my Rep had told me that you can do upgrade and downgrade at the same tine. I assume that means you will see all available seats at all price ranges not just those that are => than your current price level.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Any idea when finals tickets go on sale to the public?

they went on sale yesterday at 12:30

sxgiuw.jpg

They might be releasing more on Monday at the box office

AHB*

they went on sale yesterday at 12:30

sxgiuw.jpg

They might be releasing more on Monday at the box office

I think that might have been in error. From all press releases, it looks like Monday at Noon is the day they are on sale.

Anyways, I'm assuming the times can't be released for the games until we find out if it's chicago or LA, but any idea what the start times will be for the Rangers home games?

I'm assuming 8PM due to West Coast....

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think that might have been in error. From all press releases, it looks like Monday at Noon is the day they are on sale.

Anyways, I'm assuming the times can't be released for the games until we find out if it's chicago or LA, but any idea what the start times will be for the Rangers home games?

I'm assuming 8PM due to West Coast....

They'll all be 8 PM starts. Been like that for every Cup game in recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad