Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.

Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.

ChOyBoY

Jul 11, 2013
Brooklyn
Thought the same on Sunday, felt like they were going extra slow on the wands instead of a quick forward, turn around, okay go ahead. Also, last year never took my keys, phone etc... out, and now they made me when the wand went off. I'll have those things out of my pocket next time, just didn't think I would be asked because I never was last year.

really? i had to take all that stuff out last year too lol. guess you were lucky

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

I also thought the same thing. I figured that I just got there at a bad time, but there were tons of empty seats and the guy that search my bag actually searched every compartment.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
I also thought the same thing. I figured that I just got there at a bad time, but there were tons of empty seats and the guy that search my bag actually searched every compartment.

Also when searching bags security required taking it completely off your hand/shoulder and handing over to them (never did that before). Same when they used the wand, they took my (small) bag away from me and put it aside, instead of me holding it in my hands.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
the whole security check point is stupid. They search your bag and then you have to wait on a line to be wanded. After they search the bag you can just easily place items such as fire arm/ bottle of water :) into the bag cause they don't check the bag again .

I'm told that they don't want firearms in the arena... Mainly off Retired police officers, Correction officers, court officers etc

They had an incident with someone in law enforcement and they changed the policy because of that

AHB*

Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be taking much longer to get through security before the game? I was coming to the game last night from work and it took me almost 15 minutes to get through and I almost missed the start of the game. It also seemed like there were a lot more empty seats at the start of the game than usual. I think it was 2 seasons ago (right after the Boston Marathon bombings?) that they started using the wands and thoroughly screening people but it's been the same ever since. I totally understand why they go through that, I'm just not sure why it seems to be taking 5x as long this season.

It's absurd this year. Obviously they're not going to catch everything, but the guy went through every compartment of my bag. They made me take off my jacket, hat, then everything out of my pockets, while holding my bag. I literally couldn't hold everything so had to hang my bga on the side. Major *****.

I'm all for being safe and stuff like that, but holy overkill batman.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
It's absurd this year. Obviously they're not going to catch everything, but the guy went through every compartment of my bag. They made me take off my jacket, hat, then everything out of my pockets, while holding my bag. I literally couldn't hold everything so had to hang my bga on the side. Major *****.

I'm all for being safe and stuff like that, but holy overkill batman.

The side entrance on 33rd st between 7th and 8th never has any line.
Most people don't even know you can enter the arena there.
If you are coming from Penn Station or a bar on 8th ave this is a no brainer.

AHB*

That's where I enter every game. I love it because of the no lines, but it's still just as bad with the security check.

That being said, the guys over there are usually much more friendly.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

usually you're right. tuesday night it was insanely crowded over there.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
wow, event level suite tickets are on the market for tonight:
https://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=1118216668 (4 x $254)

In the three year history of renovated MSG I have never seen a single ELS ticket for sale on the secondary market for any knicks or rangers game

Once in a blue moon opportunity - I assume the suite owners will have booked a catering package but who knows

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
wow, event level suite tickets are on the market for tonight:
https://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=1118216668 (4 x $254)

In the three year history of renovated MSG I have never seen a single ELS ticket for sale on the secondary market for any knicks or rangers game

Once in a blue moon opportunity - I assume the suite owners will have booked a catering package but who knows

Noticed this as well, someone bought the row 2, 4 of them. This is just out of my price range otherwise I would absolutely love to try and sit there.

AHB*

October is just such a bad market. Doesn't help we're playing horribly.

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
October is just such a bad market. Doesn't help we're playing horribly.

Curious how this year relates to previous years. First time STH here and I knew my seats would be a tough sell (I'm downstairs) but didn't expect this. I ended up selling the Islander game for a huge discount and Carolina is going to be worse. I get that it's October and the team isn't playing well, but I was surprised at how slack the demand was for that Islander game.

Thoughts?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Curious how this year relates to previous years. First time STH here and I knew my seats would be a tough sell (I'm downstairs) but didn't expect this. I ended up selling the Islander game for a huge discount and Carolina is going to be worse. I get that it's October and the team isn't playing well, but I was surprised at how slack the demand was for that Islander game.

Thoughts?

Tough to tell because we really haven't had any October games in recent years. Last time we had a big chunk was pre-renovation and the prices were much cheaper back then. That 9 game December homestand last year was a bloodbath from what I remember. The Nashville, Columbus, and Calgary games all had tickets in the 100's for $40-$60 day of the game.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Secondary market fees are the real killer, you have to generally have to overcome at least a 25% markup. The key is having a network of buyers to bypass those fees.

Last edited:

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Secondary market fees are the real killer, you have to generally have to overcome at least a 25% markup. The key is having a network of buyers to bypass those fees.

I agree, but when your network of buyers can just look at StubHub and buy tickets for far less than what you'd like to sell them for it becomes a challenge.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I agree, but when your network of buyers can just look at StubHub and buy tickets for far less than what you'd like to sell them for it becomes a challenge.

Well yeah, you can't sell to your people above market or they won't be your people for very long. The idea is you sell below that level where both you and the buyer save on fees and it's a win-win

negipai98

Jul 14, 2014
Well yeah, you can't sell to your people above market or they won't be your people for very long. The idea is you sell below that level where both you and the buyer save on fees and it's a win-win

Totally agree. Just didn't expect the market to be this depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest