Post-Game Talk: Rangers / Sabres - Haley is a Second Liner

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Stepan and Cally really tried. Those two almost produced another SHG.

Yeah, the PK was a bright spot, but mostly due to the Buffalo PP being even worse than ours. Which boggles my mind. But at 5-on-5 even Stepan and Callahan were underwhelming. But if I have to choose stars for the game, I guess they get my votes.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Honestly, not one of worst efforts, maybe defensively, but I would be happy with our offense controlling the game like this in the first and third period. Just score some ****ing goals please.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Really bad game. Forget it ever happened, then never let it happen again. Good on the PK but the fact that they scored goals shorty after a failed PP twice was what did us in.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
so... before we trade Gaborik for just anything.. Can Torts do me a favor and put him on his natural side (RW) and as far away from Boyle and Miller as he can possibly be? The guy is coming off shoulder surgery, playing off his natural side and playing with the likes of Brian Boyle holy **** who wouldn't suck

Far away from Miller!? No Way! That's the guy Torts is playing people with to get them going, haven't you been paying attention? He's scored in one game of his seventeen, he's a beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast like Boyle.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Pyatt - Richards - Gaborik
Haley - Boyle - Callahan
Miller - Halpern - Powe

Do it.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Eh, this season is shaping up to look like '11. I think we are clawing our way for 7/8 spot. Tonight was a night the Rangers had to win and they didn't. We are bubble team. It is what it is, no reason to get mad...

Pens are probably going to run a train on us. Especially for the fact that the lines need a serious shakeup again.

Miller needs to be centering. Boyle needs to be off third line. The experiment for Gabs at LW needs to end ASAP...

Hags-Step-Nash should probably be reunited..

*Bob Richards*

Aside from being just a **** tier game, it was also boring as ****.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This is a game to put in the bank. You pull it out when the team ends the season in 9th place.

You can't lose to one of the worst teams in the league if you expect to make noise in the playoffs. You just can't.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
This isn't the first time Enroth has done that **** against the Rangers.

Before anyone accuses me of being a Hank hater, he did not have a bad game. However, he has to control his rebounds.

Officiating=horrible. Not so much in bad calls against the Rangers. All penalties were legitimate. But, Buffalo got away with three or four blatant penalties in the second period, of course, only to have one called in the third that was beyond weak.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Far away from Miller!? No Way! That's the guy Torts is playing people with to get them going, haven't you been paying attention? He's scored in one game of his seventeen, he's a beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast like Boyle.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Haley - Boyle - Callahan
Miller - Halpern - Powe

Do it.

Hagelin - Richards - Gaborik
Pyatt - Stepan - Nash
Powe - Miller - Callahan
Haley - Halpern - Boyle

*Bob Richards*

I can't even blame the officiating. Yeah it sucked but this is one of those games you should just win on default.

Of course nothing ever comes easy to this team.

Championship*

Knew this was a loss the second every ****ing beat writer mentioned Enroth's record

Huge loss. Just not good enough.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Haley - Boyle - Callahan
Miller - Halpern - Powe

Do it.

Miller should be on the 3rd line over Boyle, at least offensively.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The defense is pretty shaky without Staal. Laughable how some people think he is expendable.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
tumblr_mjkq29l9uJ1qzk2upo1_500.png

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The Good:
Callahan, Stepan, Del Zotto, and I guess Stralman.

The Bad:
McDonagh and Girardi. Oh and Gilroy.

The Invisible:
Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Lundqvist

I can agree with this except for Richards. I would either put him in the good or leave him off. He had a solid game tonight. Nash was invisible mainly due to penalties.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
This is a game to put in the bank. You pull it out when the team ends the season in 9th place.

You can't lose to one of the worst teams in the league if you expect to make noise in the playoffs. You just can't.

At least not in the WAY we lose to these teams, all the time.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Haley - Boyle - Callahan
Miller - Halpern - Powe

Do it.

I agree with the lineup, but Miller and Boyle should be shifted. I absolutely want Cally/Miller together..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad