Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
1. Jack Hughes/Kaapo Kakko
2. Vitali Kravtsov
3. Filip Chytil
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Lias Andersson

Also very deep 6-12 with second tier prospects. Along with the Jets pick, two considitional picks that could possibly end with potentially four first round picks. And Adam Fox likely coming to NY.

Jeff Gorton has done a masterful job.

Thoughts on where the Rangers have gone from a completely depleated prospect pool to where they are now.

Last edited:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Definitely takes a big jump with one of the big two prospects(plus a couple more first rounders). Is Chytil still considered a prospect though? He played 75 games this year.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
1. Jacks Hughes/Kappo Kakko
2. Vitali Kravtsov
3. Filip Chytil
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Lias Andersson

Also very deep 6-12 with second tier prospects. Along with the Jets pick, two considitional picks that could possibly end with potentially four first round picks. And Adam Fox likely coming to NY.

Thoughts on where the Rangers have gone from a completely depleated prospect pool to where they are now.
I don’t think this is threadworthy but you forgot K’Andre Miller who led Wisconsin in PPG as a dman. I’d have him over Lias slightly. As well as Nils Lundkvist, Libor Hajek, Yegor Rykov, and Ryan Lindgren, I feel like all 4 are noteworthy as well who deserve to be mentioned. All who have top 4 potential, Hajek and Lindgren have looked great in their callups. Then there’s Barron and Reunanen as well. Bright future ahead for us, can’t wait

Gorton is one of the most underrated GMs in the league. I said this on the Rangers boards yesterday but there are very, very few things I’d undo that he’s done

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
2. Vitali Kravtsov
3. Filip Chytil
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Lias Andersson

I am a fan of the Rangers rebuild so far, but you shouldn't be bragging about, or lumping in "what ifs" such as Adam Fox.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I don’t think this is threadworthy but you forgot K’Andre Miller who led Wisconsin in PPG as a dman. I’d have him over Lias slightly. As well as Nils Lundkvist, Libor Hajek, Yegor Rykov, and Ryan Lindgren, I feel like all 4 are noteworthy as well who deserve to be mentioned. All who have top 4 potential, Hajek and Lindgren have looked great in their callups. Then there’s Barron and Reunanen as well. Bright future ahead for us, can’t wait

Plus the Rangers most of the time get, all the prospects coming from college and NCAA. I see Adam Fox heading to the Rangers.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
A little lacking on the D department.
We have some of the best D prospects in the league as I listed above. Miller has top pairing potential

On the roster though it’s a little different. At least DeAngelo looks like a stud. We should have enough assets to eventually trade for better D, we have a ton of draft picks and then there’s guys like Kreider we might trade for even more assets. I think we’re fine there for considering we’re only a little over a year into our rebuild

Reactions: NYRKING30 and bl02

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
2. Vitali Kravtsov
3. Filip Chytil
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Lias Andersson

What an absolute mastermind.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
At least a top 2 pick gives them a shot at a potential star, a top line talent perhaps able to carry the mail. The rest of em still look pretty whatever to me. Definitely improved a lot today.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I've been hoping to see New York properly rebuild through the draft ever since the successfully Leafs did. Seeing as we're the buying-up-the-has-been-UFAs cousins.

Reactions: Holocene

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Chytil is not a prospect.

He's 19 for almost half a year still....it's a matter of semantics anyway.

Nor is he very good

no he's not great right now but you can see the flashes of talent he shows. Ranger fans are excited about him longer term. He's scored a few beuaty goals this year including these ones driving and beating dmen to the outside.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
1. Jack Hughes/Kaapo Kakko
2. Vitali Kravtsov
3. Filip Chytil
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Lias Andersson

Depleted is being kind. They had no one before the 2017 draft. Maybe Shestyorkin and Sean Day?

Reactions: Kaapo Feel

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
A little lacking on the D department.
On the current roster yes...Prospects quite the opposite. They probably need to add more forwards. Goaltending and defense are coming along (Miller, Nils Lundkvist, Lindgren, Hajek).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad