Confirmed with Link: Rangers re-sign Vlad Namestnikov (2 years x 4.0M)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
This contract takes Namestnikov to group III. Two years away.

The Matt Cane projection for 2 years was $3.8M per. $3,796,941.

Anyone who says Namestinov used the KHL to get more money doesn't know what they are talking about. Like this guy.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Also, I don't want to hear about JT not getting a shot from AV. f*** AV and all, but JT played everywhere in the lineup at various points. He was a productive player, but he was streaky as hell and sometimes just floated around. And in the end, GORTON traded Miller. The team obviously knew they were going to fire AV--do you think they would have traded Miller had they believed his problems were a result of the coach they were going to fire? Come on. Miller is gone because the organization apparently grew tired of him. Forget about him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
4 mil per? is Gorton insane? what did he do to earn 4 mil? now he is pretty much untradeable unless he has a very productive season.
He's a guy that averages .5 PPG who plays a 200-foot game. How on earth is this a bad contract?

Please, find me a comparable player and a comparable contract that reflects what you think is fair value.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes true @nyr2k2 , Namestnokov need to show the new coach and management that he can be a productive player, and I think he should be happy with two years. Maybe he wanted some additional years and better terms, but there are still good opportunities for him to be successful here.

Reactions: nyr2k2

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This is a fine deal. I'm glad we stayed away from a long-term commitment. If he shows up the next two seasons, I'd be open to keeping on board a top 9 winger.

Those saying Hayes is a goner because Namestnikov can play C, I disagree. I think Spooner gets moved this week.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Also, I don't want to hear about JT not getting a shot from AV. **** AV and all, but JT played everywhere in the lineup at various points. He was a productive player, but he was streaky as hell and sometimes just floated around. And in the end, GORTON traded Miller. The team obviously knew they were going to fire AV--do you think they would have traded Miller had they believed his problems were a result of the coach they were going to fire? Come on. Miller is gone because the organization apparently grew tired of him. Forget about him.

Halfway through last season, the only Rangers forward getting more even strength time than Miller was Zuccarello. He got plenty of opportunity under AV.

Reactions: nyr2k2

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Also, I don't want to hear about JT not getting a shot from AV. **** AV and all, but JT played everywhere in the lineup at various points. He was a productive player, but he was streaky as hell and sometimes just floated around. And in the end, GORTON traded Miller. The team obviously knew they were going to fire AV--do you think they would have traded Miller had they believed his problems were a result of the coach they were going to fire? Come on. Miller is gone because the organization apparently grew tired of him. Forget about him.

He got a shorter leash than I have ever seen for a highly touted 1st round pick. The entire team was guilty of these sins yet JT always, always was the scapegoat. Remember 2016-17 Kevin Hayes? AV clearly had a problem with Miller, which Miller also flat out came out with in his first interviews with TB. He's one of the top 5-10 forward producers the NYR have developed in my lifetime and got more shit from the coaching staff than anyone.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
He's a guy that averages .5 PPG who plays a 200-foot game. How on earth is this a bad contract?

Please, find me a comparable player and a comparable contract that reflects what you think is fair value.

he kills penalties? he is good defensively? He should have gotten 3.5 mil

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
he kills penalties? he is good defensively? He should have gotten 3.5 mil
Your response literally addresses nothing I said.

Seriously, until you show me a comparable, you're just another person who comes on here bitching about RFA contracts without understanding how they work.

Look at the spreadsheet RB linked to at the top of the page that is based on empirical data. It predicted $3.8M AAV for Namestnikov. $200K less than what he got. He got what was "deserved" but also what the market would dictate based on similar players and contracts. These deals are always based on other past deals for similar players. That's how it works. They don't just pull numbers out of thin air.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Until Namestnikov shows me anything to be excited about I want him gone. Not happy at all about 4 mil cap hit, means they aren't trading him yet otherwise they would trade him and have the other team come to terms with him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Until Namestnikov shows me anything to be excited about I want him gone. Not happy at all about 4 mil cap hit, means they aren't trading him yet otherwise they would trade him and have the other team come to terms with him.

The f*** are you talking about?

Like, this take is so God damn hot that I need to walk outside in this 100 degree day and lay down on the pavement just to cool off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad