Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
No way Sweeden goes to the World Juniors with only 7 d

Sweden went with 7 d in 2017 and in 2016? Most teams go with 7 d. The final roster has to be 23 players, right? The preliminary they announced had 25.

I expect them to cut a forward and a defenseman. If they go with 7 I think Ragnarsson is the clear cut out of the 8 they have on the preliminary.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If "Are you really an expert NHL projector" HFboards was a thing, Sorokin vs Shestyorkin betting pools would be the big cheese.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sweden went with 7 d in 2017 and in 2016? Most teams go with 7 d. The final roster has to be 23 players, right? The preliminary they announced had 25.

I expect them to cut a forward and a defenseman. If they go with 7 I think Ragnarsson is the clear cut out of the 8 they have on the preliminary.

You are of course right, its the same thing every WJC. Sorry for passing misleading info above.

You only get a 23 man roster and have to play up to 7 games in 10-11 days. Hence teams goes with 7 Ds, one D is going if the other 7 stay healthy.

Ragnarsson could be that guy. But I don't think anyone really is a lock besides Brännström and Liljegren. Sweden have 4 good RHS PPQB/PMDs on that roster in Liljegren, Boqvist, Westerlund and Lundkvist.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You never know---there could be an injury. Ragnarsson at least is in serious contention to play---which is very good. From the US end I'm think Joey Keane might be a bubble player.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
You are of course right, its the same thing every WJC. Sorry for passing misleading info above.

You only get a 23 man roster and have to play up to 7 games in 10-11 days. Hence teams goes with 7 Ds, one D is going if the other 7 stay healthy.

Ragnarsson could be that guy. But I don't think anyone really is a lock besides Brännström and Liljegren. Sweden have 4 good RHS PPQB/PMDs on that roster in Liljegren, Boqvist, Westerlund and Lundkvist.

Is Ginning going to make it? IMO it's Ragnar vs Ginning for that 7th spot. Would that be an accurate assessment?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
You never know---there could be an injury. Ragnarsson at least is in serious contention to play---which is very good. From the US end I'm think Joey Keane might be a bubble player.
Keane is making the roster and I don’t think it’ll be difficult for him at all
Is Ginning going to make it? IMO it's Ragnar vs Ginning for that 7th spot. Would that be an accurate assessment?
Ginning is a favorite usually, Ragnarsson has pretty much no chance over him and is an easy cut on the Swedish defense. I’d say there’s like a 90% chance Ragnarsson makes it over Ginning. Lundkvist’s spot in the top 6 isn’t easily solidified as well

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Keane is making the roster and I don’t think it’ll be difficult for him at all

Ginning is a favorite usually, Ragnarsson has pretty much no chance over him and is an easy cut on the Swedish defense. I’d say there’s like a 90% chance Ragnarsson makes it over Ginning. Lundkvist’s spot in the top 6 isn’t easily solidified as well

The US team is returning 3 D from last year's WJC team--Hughes, Samberg, Anderson--Miller seems a lock. I think Keane has a very good shot but I expect out of the 6 left there are going to be 3 cuts. He's also the only CHL player of the group and in the past that's not always boded well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The US team is returning 3 D from last year's WJC team--Hughes, Samberg, Anderson--Miller seems a lock. I think Keane has a very good shot but I expect out of the 6 left there are going to be 3 cuts. He's also the only CHL player of the group and in the past that's not always boded well.

Only one of the returnees is a RD.

He's got a very clear path to making the team. Miller has much more of an uphill battle as there is really only 1 spot open on the left side the USA Hockey likes Samuelsson a bunch even if hes a stiff.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Hopefully, the current group yields better results.

When you look at those guys and where they got picked, they turned out well. Hags was a 6th rounder and turned into a middle 6 forward for us, long term 3rd liner. Same with Dubi and Anisimov. Cherepanov was on his way to being an impact guy. The other two became nothing.

It's a lot better than most years.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Only one of the returnees is a RD.

He's got a very clear path to making the team. Miller has much more of an uphill battle as there is really only 1 spot open on the left side the USA Hockey likes Samuelsson a bunch even if hes a stiff.

Miller's a dynamic player though. A guy with size who skates like a gazelle--can catch up with his mistakes which is a big deal on big ice and can move the puck. Keane's got a lot of the same attributes but is not nearly as big. I'd be really surprised if Miller didn't make the team. Keane--not quite as much. Mind you though I think Keane's got NHL player written all over him. He just needs to get bigger and stronger but he's a tremendous skater, good offensively and he's got a bit of edge to his game. That was a whale of a late 3rd round pick.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Keane will make it because of his mean streak. I doubt that Kemp makes it and Callahan and St. Ivany are the long shots. Maybe Emberson, too.

I doubt that Miller is the odd man out. He's been one of the best freshman, if not the best freshman, in the NCAA.

Imagine a Miller, Q. Hughes tandem?!! :popcorn:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Keane will make it because of his mean streak. I doubt that Kemp makes it and Callahan and St. Ivany are the long shots. Maybe Emberson, too.

I doubt that Miller is the odd man out. He's been one of the best freshman, if not the best freshman, in the NCAA.

Imagine a Miller, Q. Hughes tandem?!! :popcorn:

Keane has a fighting chance as a righty and because he seems like the type you could probably pair with anyone. In theory, he would give the coaches flexibility.

Miller not making it would be a shocker. The growth he continues to display makes him a very dangerous player.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Considering Miller is probably the best overall 18 year old dman in the NCAA he better be a lock. And quite frankly Joey Keane is probably the most polished righty U20 dman in the United States. Be stupid for him not to make it.

Reactions: kovazub94 and jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad