Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Only a few of us voted Krava at first for top prospect. I wonder how that will look after WJC let alone these last 10 games.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Only a few of us voted Krava at first for top prospect. I wonder how that will look after WJC let alone these last 10 games.

Shouldn't be any different.

The WJC's are fun and I'd rather see a guy do well there than not, but they've become incredibly overrated in terms of prospect evaluations (See: V. Mittlestadt being ranked as the #1 prospect on earth based off of his WJC ahead of guys like Pettersson.)

a "poor" showing is what got Montreal to gift us McDonagh for Gomez. He turned out alright.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013

The WJC's are fun and I'd rather see a guy do well there than not, but they've become incredibly overrated in terms of prospect evaluations (See: V. Mittlestadt being ranked as the #1 prospect on earth based off of his WJC ahead of guys like Pettersson.)

a "poor" showing is what got Montreal to gift us McDonagh for Gomez. He turned out alright.
Well yeah I agree with that but it definitely influences some peoples views. Also I think since the prospect polls were postponed he has gone even more beast mode.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sjalin has been out injured the entire season. I don't think he's played a game in months.
Yeah he injured himself during the U20 Four Nations game against Czech Republic on August 26th and has been out since. He has not played a game for his club this season.
Is Lindbom still injured?
Yeah, he still is. No updates on Twitter, in the Swedish press, or anywhere about his condition.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well yeah I agree with that but it definitely influences some peoples views. Also I think since the prospect polls were postponed he has gone even more beast mode.

He’s kind of been in beast mode, the points have just started to pile up.

I think some people (my self included) value proximity to the NHL in these things. If the polls were sheer upside, he Miller and Shesyorkin would be run aways for the top 3

Reactions: nyr2k2 and jas

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

True, but Kravtsov's production in the KHL definitely puts him in the conversation for no 1 prospect for us.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
True, but Kravtsov's production in the KHL definitely puts him in the conversation for no 1 prospect for us.

He's less of a player you have to dream on than Miller, thats for sure.

I just think that opinions of him which will be drastically formed over a 7 or 8 game tournament (for better or for worse) shouldn't really be taken seriously unless he puts up like 20 points and just looks that much better than everyone, or he pulls a Filatov.

FWIW, He does belong in the conversation, but I don't think there is a problem with putting him behind guys who are already here and contributing.

Same for Shesty, who probably has more of a claim to the #1 spot due to him being dominant across multiple seasons.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Speaking of prospects on defense, Rykov’s Sochi won 3:2 SO over a team right on their heels in the playoff position race Dinamo Riga. Once again Rykov with the most ice time with over 26 minutes (2 more minutes than the second most time). No GA 5x5 but while defending 2:0 lead late in the 3rd period he was on the ice for two goals against Dinamo scored with a man advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad