Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalasvaara

Jun 30, 2018
All the Euro guys have started their seasons, except for Pajuniemi and Ragnarsson who didn't play in their team's first games (I haven't found out why yet), and Lindbom whose team hasn't played.
Pajuniemi is listed day-to-day by the team. Lower body injury should be the reason if i'm not completely wrong.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
All the Euro guys have started their seasons, except for Pajuniemi and Ragnarsson who didn't play in their team's first games (I haven't found out why yet), and Lindbom whose team hasn't played.

Also, Edstrom debuted with the SHL squad for Rogle, not the J20 team as it originally appeared he would.

Mora plays Friday.

Ragnarsson was 3rd pair/7th D even in the preseason games. Recent loan rules will keep him going to Allsvenskan unless it’s a season long loan. I’d be amazed if he ever was offered.

Sjalin has some skill to be a 3rd pair/7th D, just missed a lot of time.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Mora plays Friday.

Ragnarsson was 3rd pair/7th D even in the preseason games. Recent loan rules will keep him going to Allsvenskan unless it’s a season long loan. I’d be amazed if he ever was offered.

Sjalin has some skill to be a 3rd pair/7th D, just missed a lot of time.
I remember being surprised that Ragnarsson was picked up by an SHL team, considering he wasn't even particularly great on a team that was relegated to HockeyEttan. I mean he has skill and some upside, but that seemed like a big leap. So, this doesn't seem terribly surprising.

I've been a fan of Sjalin since I first watched him. He he can figure out a way to stay healthy, I think he has NHL potential.

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
All joking aside, it would be pretty interesting if his play justifies his pick and he forces his way into the conversation.

I honestly believe you can make an argument for the talent and the upside.

I get the value debate/asset management grips/preference for another prospect thing. I really do.

But this kid has so much more natural talent than he often receives credit for on here.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
SHL games getting underway soon.

Edstrom getting another start of the fourth line. Ragnarsson not even listed as the extra today. May be a frustrating year for him.

Sjalin is on the third pair for Leksands.

Lundkvist, of course, is on Lulea's top pair.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I wouldn’t count on Edström producing much this year.

4th lines role is D only, whenever they gain the zone, they look to go off almost immediately.

Even with that, he played 11:27 game 1

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wouldn’t count on Edström producing much this year.

4th lines role is D only, whenever they gain the zone, they look to go off almost immediately.

Even with that, he played 11:27 game 1

Considering the kid is 18-19 years old if he can hang on to playing a 4th line role in the SHL that's solid. he will be able to develop the defensive side of his game which will be his key to making it in the NHL anyways. The offense will most likely be a bonus if he can play a solid 2-way game and play a physical style of game

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Leksands lost. Sjalin looks like he was -2 with 2 PIM.

Rogle won. Ragnarsson didn't play. Edstrom had 2 PIM.

Lulea lost. Lundkvist was -1.

No TOI or shots available yet as those reports haven't come out.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Henriksson picked up a PPG in the first period of his J20 game. Orebro scored twice with less than six minutes to play, but Frolunda won in a SO in which Henriksson missed his shot.

Pajuniemi didn't play again, today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leetch3

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Aaltonen was even (picked up a plus and minus), and had 4 shots in 12:02.

Pajuniemi didn't actually play. But looks like he's getting closer.

Through two periods, Lindbom has stopped 20/21 and is keeping Mora in it. They're being out-shot 21-8.

Last edited:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Aaltonen was even (picked up a plus and minus), and had 4 shots in 12:02.

Pajuniemi didn't actually play. But looks like he's getting closer.

Through two periods, Lindbom has stopped 20/21 and is keeping Mora in it. They're being out-shot 21-8.
I kind of hope Lindbom keeps getting shelled like this all year, but not to a demoralizing degree

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Monthen was in the stands, should bode well for OLs shot at making the WJCs.

https://www.dt.se/artikel/debuteran...sk-mora-avgjorde-i-****sekunderna-overtygande
The match's three exclamation points
Olof Lindbom
A somewhat unexpected selection by young coach Jeff Jakobs. The mora coach choose him over more established Isak Wallin. And that decision paid off. With rye. 19-year-old Lindbom was a big reason why Mora not only took a point in the Scania rink but also won the match. With the junior national team captain Tomas Montén on the stand, he saved 29 of 30 shots. Very compelling debut, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad