Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is ESPN really viewed that way?
No, no one cares about ESPN's hockey coverage. It has admittedly gotten much better over the past few years. They have Greg Wyshynski who is good, Chris Peters is fine, their national writer Emily Kaplan is pretty okay, etc. I think EJ Hradek still does stuff for them, and probably John Buccigross (if that's your thing). Their coverage is fine, but they don't generally have anything groundbreaking or unique.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Excerpts from Pronman's top 124 prospects in The Athletic

2. Kakko
21. Kravstov
39. Fox
48. Miller

Revisiting the 2018 draft

7. Q Hughes (7th)
11. Hayton (5th)
12. Denisenko (15th)
20. Dobson (12th)
21. Kravstov (9th)
23. Zadina (6th)
25. Boqvist (8th)
26. Bouchard (10th)
67. Wahlstrom (11th)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Excerpts from Pronman's top 124 prospects in The Athletic

2. Kakko
21. Kravstov
39. Fox
48. Miller

Revisiting the 2018 draft

7. Q Hughes (7th)
11. Hayton (5th)
12. Denisenko (15th)
20. Dobson (12th)
21. Kravstov (9th)
23. Zadina (6th)
25. Boqvist (8th)
26. Bouchard (10th)
67. Wahlstrom (11th)

It’s too early. I have nothing against Pronman, I don’t pay much attention to his rankings but at the same time they are genuine rankings and provides insight.

But let’s be honest, there is — no way — one guy can keep track of all these guys playing all over the world, while also following all kids eligible for the 19’ draft and a bunch of other things — in a meaningful way.

It just becomes about what he thought about these kids at the draft with a little influence from some glimpses of the kids afterwards.

A few of my thoughts:

*I want to wait until I can see Q Hughes really contribute in the NHL on a regular basis before I declare him a success. There is no doubt that he is talented and make high caliber plays.

But he has also been strikingly ineffective many times when I’ve seen him play at times. And he is far from solid defensively.

There are always challenges with getting through the first handful of years in the NHL for a kid like him. Especially if you play on a struggling team and so forth. The NHL season is long and challenging, and a tough stretch can leave its marks etc.

It’s one thing that he can look good for a short stretch early, but the real challenges are still there for that kid. JMHO.

*Hayton is still so high. I went back and looked at Buttons top prospect ranking the last handful of years. It’s just striking how much we still overrate — size — on forwards. Like 90% of the bad reads are on bigger forwards, and the write up just make it even more ridiculous. Someone like Joel Eriksson-Ek is ranked miles ahead of a Barzal, because JEE has awesome size. Who cares about if JEE has size?

If Haytons speed and skill warrants him being ranked this high — sure I buy it. But if it’s another one of long if miscalculations of intangibles over skill...

*Zadina is one of those kids who just don’t got that much road ahead of him before he can pile up pts in the NHL. Sure some things must fall into place, but I would bet on him pretty early in this perspective.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
In preseason, Lindbom had a 47-save shutout against AIK.
Just watched the game, 30 shots were in the 3rd, maybe 5 were in high danger areas(including the lame penalty shot attempt. Guy comes in, sets up on his off wing, then stops skating well before the hash.)

The 1st 2 periods he faced 4 high danger chances. 1st one was a shot from the dot that he couldn’t control the rebound, flopped and left an open net for a D to steer the puck wide.

2nd one was from above the opposite dot, did the Hank headbut directly to the AIK forward who put it in his pads, Lindbom wasn’t even set.

Only 6 players on the AIK team were on the previous year’s roster, only 2 players broke 10 points the previous year(both D) 5 players don’t appear on the EP roster, so I assume they’re juniors.

So that shutout needs to be taken with a boulder of salt.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All the Euro guys have started their seasons, except for Pajuniemi and Ragnarsson who didn't play in their team's first games (I haven't found out why yet), and Lindbom whose team hasn't played.

Also, Edstrom debuted with the SHL squad for Rogle, not the J20 team as it originally appeared he would.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
All the Euro guys have started their seasons, except for Pajuniemi and Ragnarsson who didn't play in their team's first games (I haven't found out why yet), and Lindbom whose team hasn't played.

Also, Edstrom debuted with the SHL squad for Rogle, not the J20 team as it originally appeared he would.

Edström on the 3rd line was a surprise to me but he has impressed the coaching staff this pre-season and earned that spot

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Really? That's surprising. Good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad