Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He definitely wanted to take that across the middle of the ice, saw that he would get clobbered if he continued and decided to YOLO it on net.

I mean it worked? hahaha.
Yeah, I mean that's about as low-percentage play as there is, but if you can get the puck on net, it's hard to find fault.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He definitely wanted to take that across the middle of the ice, saw that he would get clobbered if he continued and decided to YOLO it on net.

I mean it worked? hahaha.

Yeah, I mean that's about as low-percentage play as there is, but if you can get the puck on net, it's hard to find fault.

You create your own luck. Nothing wrong with being rewarded for doing the right thing.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Buchnevich is a mental moron. More than any player we had, he showed he's not the playoff type. I would try to get rid of him at all costs. As far as Henriksson goes. He's failing miserably in the SHL. I would get him to the AHL as soon as possible and hope the coaches there can get him to produce offensively.
You’re not adding anything to the conversation here

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't care of if was a fluke goal. Fluke plays happen all the time. Good for him for getting on the board.

As a general rule, I don't think it's a great play. What's most likely there is the puck doesn't make it out of the four white sweaters and it's picked up and goes the other way. It's really not different than when a guy lobs a soft wrister from the point into a group of five players and everyone and their mother knows it's not making it through. "Throw the puck at the net" is only a sensible approach when you have a decent chance of getting the puck on cage.

Again, though, it's not big deal. That play 98 out of 100 times is inconsequential. One time it miraculously ends up in the net and one time it starts a rush the other way that leads to a goal. We saw the former.

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
Two goals for Nils Lundqkvist so far today. First one a fluke and the second one a Lidström esque one-time.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

TC82

Aug 27, 2012
2 goals at even strength

1 assist for Henriksson, @nyr2k2 must be thrilled

Ollas is the backup today for the 3rd time this season

Interesting day so far in the SHL

yeah I‘m watching the game. The first one was a fluke knuckleball, the second one an awesome one-timer from the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad