Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How dare there be two players with the exact same first and last name. This is Petr Sykora all over again
We had the wrong Mike Green for a short period.

I remember as a kid both Greg Adams' played for Vancouver at the same time. I thought that was the funniest thing.

I also remember the Mets having Bobby J. Jones and Bobby M. Jones.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wheeler did his projections for the WJC. No surprises. He had Schneider as the 2RD, Robertson as a spare, and Garand as the backup for Canada. Henriksson the 1C for Sweden, of course between Holtz and Raymond. No one else.

Had Canada beating US in the finals.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wheeler did his projections for the WJC. No surprises. He had Schneider as the 2RD, Robertson as a spare, and Garand as the backup for Canada. Henriksson the 1C for Sweden, of course between Holtz and Raymond. No one else.

Had Canada beating US in the finals.

That'll be worth watching, for sure.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We had the wrong Mike Green for a short period.

I remember as a kid both Greg Adams' played for Vancouver at the same time. I thought that was the funniest thing.

I also remember the Mets having Bobby J. Jones and Bobby M. Jones.

I remember 2 Stephane Richers, 2 Nikita Popugayevs and of course 2 Sebastian Ahos

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
showing my age here,
but in early '70's Larry Brown was NHL D-Man, NFL running back, AL utility infielder and ABA basketball coach all at the same time!

and i didn't see it above, maybe i missed,
but for a long time, '80's or possibly early '90's maybe,
there were 2 Ron Wilson's in NHL, a C and a D -
I believe the D was guy who became NHL head coach

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
At one time we Had Joby Messier on the team with Mark.

Joby had to have J. MESSIER on his back, Mark was not required to wear an M. for distinction.

Then again. There was no confusion to be had. Only one man could ever give "The look" and you remembered it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
At one time we Had Joby Messier on the team with Mark.

Joby had to have J. MESSIER on his back, Mark was not required to wear an M. for distinction.

Then again. There was no confusion to be had. Only one man could ever give "The look" and you remembered it.

If I remember correctly, we had a similar situation with John and Dominic Moore.

John had "J. Moore" and no 17, while Dominic had simply "Moore" on his jersey and his number 28

Reactions: White Death 24

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If I remember correctly, we had a similar situation with John and Dominic Moore.

John had "J. Moore" and no 17, while Dominic had simply "Moore" on his jersey and his number 28

From my youth, I remember seeing footage of "Pa. Sundstrom" and "Pe. Sundstrom" from NJ. For some reason that stuck in the memory bank... ;)

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Cuylle was a project pick anyways from a guy who plateaued last season. He's chosen for what he might become, not what he currently is.
Completely disagree. Cuylle was taken for exactly what he is, which is a very physical presence. If he continues to develop his upside (which he has), that is gravy. Management is not looking at him as another Symmonds. They are looking at him as a support (think third line) player who brings the fight to the other team. Now if he actually does develop more offensive ability, then that is gravy.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
World junior 2021 roster projections. Scott Wheeler picks the teams and medals

Wheeler projects WJC rosters.
Has:
Schneider as 2RD for Canada.
Robertson as spare D for Canada.
Garand as 2G for Canada.
Henriksson as 1C for Sweden.

"I picked Matthew Robertson over Lukas Cormier and Ryan O’Rourke for the final spot due to his length, age, and versatility. That isn’t to say Cormier and O’Rourke aren’t versatile, but the former won’t get power-play time and the latter doesn’t skate quite as well as Robertson."

"If Canada runs into trouble in the tournament, it’ll be in net, where I expect undrafted ’01 goalie Taylor Gauthier and Rangers ’02 draftee Dylan Garrand fight for the net right up until the quarters. Relative to some of the other goalies you’ll in the 1-2 roles for other countries, Garrand and Gauthier probably put Canada at a slight disadvantage there. If one gets hot, ride him."

"Up front, the Swedes will ask a lot of their top line, a line that has played together and excelled on the international stage for years. That trio is more likely to play together than any of the others I’ve created here — and I suspect they’ll dominate."

Reactions: egelband and RGY

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Would be awesome to have two Ranger d men on team canada but Robertson has a tougher task on a pretty deep LD group.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindbum allowed 5 goals on 36 shots and took the loss. He now sports a .903 SV% and 2.85 GAA.

Ragnarsson was on the other side and was +2 in 14+ minutes.

Reactions: Joey Bones

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lindbum allowed 5 goals on 36 shots and took the loss. He now sports a .903 SV% and 2.85 GAA.

Ragnarsson was on the other side and was +2 in 14+ minutes.

Nothing wrong with one prospect helping out another to improve his stats.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad