Rangers Prospect Ranking: (Summer 2019) - #13

#13 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
i'm interested to see the guys that get voted off the island lol

I feel like naeS yaD days are numbered with NYR. I'm seriously spelling it that way so it's not searchable. He seems like a good kid and what I'm about to say is pretty harsh.

his interviews come off like I'm watching Doug Glatt formulate a thought. I can't imagine that processing of information translates well on the ice and probably indicates why his toolbox, as tempting as it is, has not been at its highest standard every shift, every game, every season which is what is required to advance at the higher levels.

He seems like a super nice kid and it looks like the effort is there. But, that flaw is a nearly impassable mountain when at the pro level the traits we nit-pick on these forums are what generally separates the plugs from the stars, and the stars from the franchise players, and the franchise players from the generationals.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I feel like naeS yaD days are numbered with NYR. I'm seriously spelling it that way so it's not searchable. He seems like a good kid and what I'm about to say is pretty harsh.

his interviews come off like I'm watching Doug Glatt formulate a thought. I can't imagine that processing of information translates well on the ice and probably indicates why his toolbox, as tempting as it is, has not been at its highest standard every shift, every game, every season which is what is required to advance at the higher levels.

He seems like a super nice kid and it looks like the effort is there. But, that flaw is a nearly impassable mountain when at the pro level the traits we nit-pick on these forums are what generally separates the plugs from the stars, and the stars from the franchise players, and the franchise players from the generationals.

He will never play for the Rangers. Too many legit D prospects ahead of him.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IDK, man. If you follow the prospects thread at all, he burst onto the radar pretty early his Freshman season. And in the last poll we did, he was 14th, so it's not as if he has shot up the list or anything, he's in the same ballpark as he was last time.
I do follow it. Naturally, one of my favorite threads. And I also think that Barron could be a late round gem. That said, him overtaking Lindgren is a bit far fetched for me. But that is just me.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I do follow it. Naturally, one of my favorite threads. And I also think that Barron could be a late round gem. That said, him overtaking Lindgren is a bit far fetched for me. But that is just me.

to me within a small grouping its basically flip a coin or randomly pick a name for the order...mid-season Lindgren was 12, tarmo was 13, barron was 14. Now tarmo is 12, barron is 13. if Lindgren ends up 14 than to me that trio is basically the same as it was 6 months ago. if barron suddenly jumped to 8 and lindgren was 18 that would be different but here I don't see a big difference between 13 & 14

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
to me within a small grouping its basically flip a coin or randomly pick a name for the order...mid-season Lindgren was 12, tarmo was 13, barron was 14. Now tarmo is 12, barron is 13. if Lindgren ends up 14 than to me that trio is basically the same as it was 6 months ago. if barron suddenly jumped to 8 and lindgren was 18 that would be different but here I don't see a big difference between 13 & 14
Fair enough. Though I do admit not to be completely educated on Tarmo as of yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad