Rangers Prospect Ranking: (Summer 2019) - #13

#13 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
I don't know much about Morgan Barron, does he have a legit shot at the NHL in the next few years? And what current player would you compare him to?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Definitely going to try and check out Barron at MSG this year. Didn't go last season, but should go this year.

November 30th at the Garden vs BU. I'm sure Quinn was going to be there anyway, but he'll probably get a good view of Barron.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Fine, but that does not change the feeling. The point was not about how long either has been in the system. Virtually no one was talking about Morgan. No one knew about him until there were a few write ups. I like him but wow....

Huh? He’s been in discussions for the last two years as soon as he was drafted by the Rangers and started his collegial career at Cornell. Not paying attention is on you.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Fine, but that does not change the feeling. The point was not about how long either has been in the system. Virtually no one was talking about Morgan. No one knew about him until there were a few write ups. I like him but wow....

Check out the prospect thread during the season. There's that one poster that is consistently posting about Barron pretty much every game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This part of voting is so tough because we have so many guys that, if you're going on upside, might be a little ahead, or if you're going on likelihood of reaching potential, might be a little ahead. Lots of guys that are in the second pair defenseman/second or third line forward realm. So depending on how you weight things, you could have five guys ahead of five others while I could have the other five ahead of your top five, and none of it is unreasonable.

We have awesome depth, really. That's what it is.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
This part of voting is so tough because we have so many guys that, if you're going on upside, might be a little ahead, or if you're going on likelihood of reaching potential, might be a little ahead. Lots of guys that are in the second pair defenseman/second or third line forward realm. So depending on how you weight things, you could have five guys ahead of five others while I could have the other five ahead of your top five, and none of it is unreasonable.

We have awesome depth, really. That's what it is.

I was gonna say basically the same thing...after the 6 guys currently up for voting, i think that ends the '2nd tier' of prospects so the guys being added now are from the 3rd tier and I expect the rankings to be all over the place cause every time I look I change my personal opinion lol. you are looking at a bunch of guys that are likely to play games in the nhl but don't have particularly high upside vs guys that might have much higher upsides but they are so far away that the risk of not making it is so much greater...

after the next 6 just throw all the remaining guys to the poll battle royal style lol

Reactions: nyr2k2

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
how many rounds are planned? Prospect thread shows 43 eligible prospects...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Going with Keane here.

Post-draft he’s even more of an under the radar prospect.

i've got keane & lindgren as my next 2 and think its insane that they are this low cause I think both are future NHLers and good chance that this is our future 3rd pairing

Reactions: CasusBelli

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I would say 30, plus 5 or 6 honorable mentions, then the remaining 7 or whatever are the "Also Rangers Property" or whatever.

i'm interested to see the guys that get voted off the island lol

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the rankings have gone pretty close to my personal list...my biggest variance so far is 2 spots (had lundkvist ahead of fox & lias)...

so bad news for everyone else is that means you are all wrong too :naughty:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just FYI, next round will be our final BONUS ROUND, for Lemieux who missed the cut off by just 7 games. I don't think people realize how few NHL games hes had. Can't wait to see him play a full season with us..

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Just FYI, next round will be our final BONUS ROUND, for Lemieux who missed the cut off by just 7 games. I don't think people realize how few NHL games hes had. Can't wait to see him play a full season with us..

didn't realize he's played fewer games than chytil...hadn't even thought about him in the rankings. this post is like the heads up from the teacher that there will be a pop quiz tomorrow

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad