Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #6

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Went with Nieves here. Underrated prospect who already made his NHL debut, had 4 years in college to develop and just seems to have what it takes to make it with his blazing speed

Add Gilmour

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I like Huska here, I'm also a Day fan and intrigued by him but I don't see how he could get all these votes here. Huska has starter potential, very good post draft seasons, very good WJC play. In 1-2 years he could turn Pro and I can envision a Matt Murray type AHL debut for him.

Day, to me right now is potential. Decent, not amazing year in juniors. Upside, potential but raw.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Tough call between Huska and Day for me. Went with Huska due to his success at the WJC. Would have liked to see Day at WJC.

Add Paliotta.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
There shouldn't even be a "Yet".

He is 19 and people are throwing him off the top 10 list because as a 19 year old he isn't putting up tons of points in the AHL? It's absolutely hilarious.

How about when he is 21, and he can't put up numbers in the AHL, then we can start thinking about throwing him off the top 10 lists, but for some reason I think at that age he will be putting up pretty good numbers in the AHL if he's not at the NHL yet.

Some posters here are so impatient. Guy has the highest potential than probably anyone on the entire Pack team aside from Graves maybe, and that is debatable as well.

And while I probably don't really think he should be #5, I still gave him my vote because I'm a good guy like that and he deserves a bit of love from the few posters who bash him in the pack thread.

Dude you need to learn how to read. No one you responded to said anything close to what you're complaining about. Even if people do take him off a subjective, arbitrary top 10 list who gives a flying ****? How many top 10's never make the NHL from the top 10 in the draft let alone an organizational pipeline? If someone thinks he just won't develop that's their perfectly sensible conclusion.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
There are almost 50 defensemen in the Juniors who scored even with Day or more. Theree won't be 50 defensemen coming out of this class of Junior kids who'll be NHLers. Granted, stats are not the end of it ... and that's where things get even worse for him. Many of the defensemen who outscore him can play defense, can fight or have another important skill. Day does not.

He's purely an offense guy who is not even putting up good offensive numbers. It's just that it's easy to put up high numbers in the Juniors, so even the two least offensively gifted prospects we had in recent year (Noreau and Donnay) still racked up .5 per game in the Juniors. Day's .7 per game does not wow me.

Frankly, Kovacs being able to hold up in the AHL without getting sent down to the ECHL is far more impressive than what Day has done. The guys sucks. Maybe he'll turn it around in the future, but right now, he sucks.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
Voted Huska, don't think its even close. He should have been the #5. Add Gettinger

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Dude you need to learn how to read. No one you responded to said anything close to what you're complaining about. Even if people do take him off a subjective, arbitrary top 10 list who gives a flying ****? How many top 10's never make the NHL from the top 10 in the draft let alone an organizational pipeline? If someone thinks he just won't develop that's their perfectly sensible conclusion.

I think it was you who had the trouble reading....

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Has Reunanen been doing well? His stat line looks pretty bad... 0-7-7 33GP

All stat lines are not equal. He's doing okay for the league he's playing in. More importantly are his PIMs and plus minus. He's involved and he's been good defensively, as the teams only 18 yr old regular.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
adam huska. his .2.67 .923 line is very good for a frosh. competitive league and hes showing quite capable. like this kids upside. he knows how to stop pucks. smooth, composed and technically sound.

zboro close 2nd. hes my favorite dark horse prospect. quietly developing his overall game. hes got size, snarl, skating and a good hard shot. plus he never stops competing.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All stat lines are not equal. He's doing okay for the league he's playing in. More importantly are his PIMs and plus minus. He's involved and he's been good defensively, as the teams only 18 yr old regular.

Regarding his PIM, I believe he picked up 35 in one game. It was a major, a misconduct and a game misconduct. Not sure what it was for.

There are some guys on Reddit that report on him and say he's doing pretty well.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Regarding his PIM, I believe he picked up 35 in one game. It was a major, a misconduct and a game misconduct. Not sure what it was for.

There are some guys on Reddit that report on him and say he's doing pretty well.

IDK, but is he playing around 12-15 mins a game? 2nd pairing or 3rd ? If anyone knows thatd be some useful info.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

He's practically playing in a beer league and has recorded one point in like his last two dozen games. His plus minus has gone up maybe a few points in those 2 dozen games as well. For a guy that's supposed to be an offensive threat from the blue line, he's accomplished very little. Maybe he's been instructed to focus on and develop D-man fundamentals or something...I dunno...but his stat line is stagnant. I expected much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad