Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Pens - Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The problem with guaranteed contracts really don't guarantee anything. win or lose tonight, Pens still have approx 250 million in contract obligations to Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Dupuis, Kunitz, Scuderi. Something has to give if they continue to under perform.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The silver lining we all need to hold on to is that if we finish up another epic collapse, there will be drastic change in the organization. HOPEFULLY, that will put an end to the endless frustration.

However, if we do win, can we contend with Boston/Montreal? Right now those teams are playing at a much higher level, and we are a proven inconsistent performer. So, heartache now or later? I will always take the win over the loss, but looking at it realistically makes me feel like a pessimist.

If we lose, nobody is safe 'cept Sid/Geno. Kunitz and Neal have been awful. I can't believe how far Kuni's play has declined. His speed/passion/forecheck/hitting/aggression are all gone. Neal needs to work out with LeTang, I bet he would be more effective with speed, and a better attitude work ethic. Tangers has actually been returning to form, but dat cap hit. Scuds - roflcopter of a contract. Fleury's life here depends alot of this game.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Just to keep track of the Pens bashing conversations currently going on:

- Series talk thread (Crosby and Pens bashing thread combined)
- Crosby is dirty thread (Crosby bashing thread)
- Kunitz on Moore thread (somehow turned into Crosby bashing thread)
- Why people want Bylmsa fired (Obvious trolling thread turned Pens bash thread)
- Are the Penguins now the favorites? thread (Another obvious trolling thread turned Pens bash thread)
- And a thread about Lundqvist being a child turned into a Crosby bashing thread.

That's just on page 1 in the playoffs threads. Should really just merge them all together, but then it might look a little empty in there.

I don't read the main boards, but what are you expecting them to say about Crosby?
His play has been terrible, people aren't going to praise him for his play.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The silver lining we all need to hold on to is that if we finish up another epic collapse, there will be drastic change in the organization. HOPEFULLY, that will put an end to the endless frustration.

However, if we do win, can we contend with Boston/Montreal? Right now those teams are playing at a much higher level, and we are a proven inconsistent performer. So, heartache now or later? I will always take the win over the loss, but looking at it realistically makes me feel like a pessimist.

If we lose, nobody is safe 'cept Sid/Geno. Kunitz and Neal have been awful. I can't believe how far Kuni's play has declined. His speed/passion/forecheck/hitting/aggression are all gone. Neal needs to work out with LeTang, I bet he would be more effective with speed, and a better attitude work ethic. Tangers has actually been returning to form, but dat cap hit. Scuds - roflcopter of a contract. Fleury's life here depends alot of this game.

If we make a coach and GM change, i highly doubt that we will see HUGE moves. A new GM would have to come in and would they be part of the organization? Wouldn't it be a demotion (again) for Fitzgerald? Is he qualified? Lemieux? Would he dabble? I don't think those are realistic individuals to be the GM.

Also do we know what style the coach and GM want to bring? There are too many questions to just sell players low and get zero value. We are in for one interesting offseason w/ a loss tonight.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Habs fan here cheering for you guys! Forget the main board, you got this.
We have one mutual interest. We all absolutely hate the Bruins. That´s the biggest reason why the Habs & Pens fans have been finding some sympathies recently. And PK Subban, god, do I love him.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Bennett has been bad in this series. Started solid, but is worse and worse every game. I actually don´t even care if it´s just for this one game. Bennett is not the difference anyways, sadly.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I actually wouldn't mind Glass coming in and Bennett coming out. I don't like Glass at all, and I really like Bennett but this team needs to be a little more physical and Bennett has done jack **** during the playoffs.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
if glass is in for beau, i'm not ****ing watching, and i hope the entire organization gets hit by a bus

Penguinzilla*

The only good Glass can do is if the one good hit he throws every 5 games happens tonight and it injures someone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I agree with the Glass sentiments. It's not even like Beau has been lighting the world on fire with his play or production lately, it's that Glass is an utterly useless hockey player, and would be hard-pressed to be an impact player in the KHL or AHL, let alone a guy you call on as a wild card type of player in a game 7.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
I agree with the Glass sentiments. It's not even like Beau has been lighting the world on fire with his play or production lately, it's that Glass is an utterly useless hockey player, and would be hard-pressed to be an impact player in the KHL or AHL, let alone a guy you call on as a wild card type of player in a game 7.

When you look at his stats, he barely put up any production in the AHL. 10 G, 14A two full seasons in the AHL.

I recently watched an ECHL game (in person).

Glass would have been the perfect fit. The game was actually somewhat entertaining - AND, lucky for him - the players are slow enough to where his hits might actually separate players from the puck.

Plus, I could see him winning some board battles.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown
Its tough though bc BB and Stemps are a complete waste of space on L4. They need minutes and have to touch the puck...

Crosby-Malkin-Kunitz
Juicy-Neal-BB
Sutter-Stemp-Gibbons
Vitale-Adams-Goc

Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad