Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Rick Nash begs to differ. Nash had recovered from his concussion last year but his body and legs were not there when he came back. He even admitted it when he reported for camp this year. Just because they are professional athletes it doesnt mean they are superman. Its hard to get your conditioning up when you are in the middle of a season.

Link?

Did you expect Nash to tell the reporter that the ringing in his head hadn't stopped?

McD has been back for over a month, and he was skating with the team prior to his return, so I don't think it's a conditioning issue.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Link?

Did you expect Nash to tell the reporter that the ringing in his head hadn't stopped?

McD has been back for over a month, and he was skating with the team prior to his return, so I don't think it's a conditioning issue.

Link? It was a video, so im sure you can find it if you like.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about Nash being HONEST with the media that he wasnt himself when he came back from injury.

What is the highest level of sport you have played at? Because I played a sport in college and I missed time with injuries here and there. No matter how much you ride the bike and train for what you're allowed to do when the trainers finally let you go on whatever program, you still feel a step behind when you come back, especially in reaction times. Youre body feels slow. McDonagh missed 3-4 weeks. That is a lot of time out for a player that trained all offseason, got his body to certain level that will hopefully be consistent throughout the season with a routine to maintain it mixed in with the game schedule. Once youre forced out of the routine it sets your body back. I dont think McDonagh's skating is bad, in fact he has spurts where he is motoring. Its his overall game that looks a little off. A month back isnt that much time. Every player is different though. His game is certainly not as far off as Nash's was last year

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Link? It was a video, so im sure you can find it if you like.

You mentioned it as your source. I tried googling "Nash video RGY was talking about," but I didn't find anything.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about Nash being HONEST with the media that he wasnt himself when he came back from injury.

The response a player gives is generally filler. He came back from a bad brain injury. What did you expect him to say to the public?

What is the highest level of sport you have played at? Because I played a sport in college and I missed time with injuries here and there. No matter how much you ride the bike and train for what you're allowed to do when the trainers finally let you go on whatever program, you still feel a step behind when you come back, especially in reaction times. Youre body feels slow. McDonagh missed 3-4 weeks. That is a lot of time out for a player that trained all offseason, got his body to certain level that will hopefully be consistent throughout the season with a routine to maintain it mixed in with the game schedule. Once youre forced out of the routine it sets your body back. I dont think McDonagh's skating is bad, in fact he has spurts where he is motoring. Its his overall game that looks a little off. A month back isnt that much time. Every player is different though. His game is certainly not as far off as Nash's was last year

Were you a pro? I was talking about elite, world class hockey players with access to the best training, sports medicine, etc. the western world has to offer.

Good plug though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad