Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Of all the things that worry me about this team going forward, the play of Ryan McDonagh is not one of them.

As hard as it might be to believe, every player struggles over the course of an 82 game season. He'll go through a stretch where he puts up 13 points in 15 while playing near flawless D and the same people who are flipping out about whats wrong with him right now will be asking if hes gotten himself back into the Norris discussion.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nope, he's done. Send him down to hartford via Wade Redden Express choo choo train.

Short answer, Yes.

McDonagh (and Lundqvist when he's playing to his ability) is the player that differentiates us from every other team in the division. It's upsetting that he's been so inconsistent. I want the McDonagh from the Habs series.

NYRangerFan*

McDonagh (and Lundqvist when he's playing to his ability) is the player that differentiates us from every other team in the division. It's upsetting that he's been so inconsistent. I want the McDonagh from the Habs series.

I think we should trade him actually. He may never be the same again

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
McD is not hurt. He just doesn't looked conditioned. I'm guessing the early injury this year messed him up and needs to get the legs back. Unfortunately it usually takes a long break to get back in shape.

This is a professional athlete we are talking about, a Norris caliber defenseman who is 25 years old. How long of a break do you think he needs to be in full shape? An offseason. These guys are machines.

He's probably still nursing an injury.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was shocked to see we're top 3 in goals against. We're also 7 in goals for. I think those two shutouts were uncharacteristic, I think we'll improve in scoring.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
This is a professional athlete we are talking about, a Norris caliber defenseman who is 25 years old. How long of a break do you think he needs to be in full shape? An offseason. These guys are machines.

Man, I expect nearly every post from you to be sarcastic. Giving an actual answer kinda threw me off. :laugh:

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Ya you are not alone, going back to bed again then. Buhu. :cry:

Wow to so many in this thread who didn't know it was a day game. True blue bloods always check the schedule, or pay enough attention during the games or post games to know exactly what time each game is. I mean really, how hard is it? Lol. Never take weekend game times for granted. There's always the chance it's a day game, maybe 12, maybe one, hell, could be 2:30. Take the time to check. Cue it up as lesson learned!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I was shocked to see we're top 3 in goals against. We're also 7 in goals for. I think those two shutouts were uncharacteristic, I think we'll improve in scoring.

They were top 3 in goals per game until the two shutouts.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
In the last 10 reg season games against Pittsburgh, the Rangers have only lost once in regulation.

I remember when Pittsburgh would literally kill us every game we faced them, it used to be every game was an automatic loss.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In the last 10 reg season games against Pittsburgh, the Rangers have only lost once in regulation.

I remember when Pittsburgh would literally kill us every game we faced them, it used to be every game was an automatic loss.

Same thing happened with Montreal for years. It seems those 2 have swapped places with Tampa Bay and the Isles lately.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

I think it's time for the Penguins to tank again. They usually do that every 20 years, but I think they should tank for several years while they still have the Crosby/Malkin window.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I feel like the Pens domination of the Rangers has ceased ever since the day of the Brass trade when they played the Pens hours later and stomped em

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Pierre mentioned yesterday that the Rangers are implementing a specific strategy developed by AV when he coached against Crosby in the Q. Looks like it's working pretty well all these years later.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Pierre mentioned yesterday that the Rangers are implementing a specific strategy developed by AV when he coached against Crosby in the Q. Looks like it's working pretty well all these years later.

Don't listen to anything Pee-Air Macguire says.

Here's a good read from the Hartford Courant (May 21, 1994): http://articles.courant.com/1994-05-21/sports/9405210429_1_pierre-mcguire-whalers-general-manager-paul-holmgren

...In 15 years of covering the NHL, we had never seen a coach so universally disrespected and disliked within his own organization. McGuire fancied himself two parts Scotty Bowman and one part Bob Johnson. It turned out to be a superhuman leap of faith on his part...In a blistering post-mortem, captain Pat Verbeek called McGuire's firing the best thing that could have happened to the Whalers. He said other teams mocked their coach. He said his own teammates had no respect for McGuire. He said a number of players wouldn't have wanted to play in Hartford anymore...We said McGuire is calculating and lost the respect of his team.

37689049.jpg

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I remember when Getzlaf got the C and everyone thought he was handling it poorly. All he's done since is improve every season and enter the Hart conversation 2 years in a row.

Landeskog, Spezza, Ovechkin have all struggled for time after being named captain only to improve again.
Karlsson and to some extent Stamkos have been experiencing difficulties too, want to bet against them turing it around?

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Rick Nash begs to differ. Nash had recovered from his concussion last year but his body and legs were not there when he came back. He even admitted it when he reported for camp this year. Just because they are professional athletes it doesnt mean they are superman. Its hard to get your conditioning up when you are in the middle of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad