Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Hank is paid almost 9m/yr because he is the best goalie in the world.

But you aren't getting what I'm saying. If Lundqvist was not on this team, they'd be in trouble. I don't care how good a backup is, the reason they're backup is because they aren't good enough to be a starter. Do you know why I say that the team would be waist deep in **** if Hank wasn't here?

The only one moving the posts here is you.
Hank is a great goalie. But if you take away the starting goalie on any team and they would be in trouble.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hank is paid almost 9m/yr because he is the best goalie in the world.

But you aren't getting what I'm saying. If Lundqvist was not on this team, they'd be in trouble. I don't care how good a backup is, the reason they're backup is because they aren't good enough to be a starter. Do you know why I say that the team would be waist deep in **** if Hank wasn't here?

The only one moving the posts here is you.

Many good teams would decline if their starting goalie was removed or they lost their highest paid player. That does not make us a mediocre team

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
This team gets dominated every game..

They would be a .500 team at best of it wasn't for Zuccarello and Lundqvist being first in every goalie statistic. This year, they deserve to be chewed out.

Yeah. Let's take away our best foward, and our starting goalie who happens to be the best goalie in the world. What team in this league wouldn't be ".500 at best", if you were to apply this to every team? Oh yeah I forgot, this only applies to the rangers...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hank is a great goalie. But if you take away the starting goalie on any team and they would be in trouble.

Yes, but the fact that we get dominated in a lot of aspects and Hank just takes shots from point blank all night around the net would make it hurt worse for us. Those numbers don't lie and they won't magically get better

Many good teams would decline if their starting goalie was removed or they lost their highest paid player. That does not make us a mediocre team

Have you seen the stats? Lundqvist is literally the reason we win as many games as we have this year, let alone tons of years past. It's clear they pretty much rely on him to save their *****.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Yes, but the fact that we get dominated in a lot of aspects and Hank just takes shots from point blank all night around the net would make it hurt worse for us. Those numbers don't lie and they won't magically get better

Have you seen the stats? Lundqvist is literally the reason we win as many games as we have this year, let alone tons of years past. It's clear they pretty much rely on him to save their *****.

Have you seen the imbalance of penalties called for vs against the rangers? Granted they have to work on not taking as many penalties, but the officiating has been a joke. Especially last night. This team has been fine in 5on5 play. If they rely on lundqvist so much, then how in the world did they put up as good a record as they did when they were without him for 2 months last year?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
What year is this? This conversation is a time warp.

Hank is great. Zucc is great. The team wins because of a lot of people. They don't "get dominated regulalry." They've had a handful of rough games and a ton of games where they led very early and got outshoot in the process of winning by multiple goals.

Take OV and Holtby off the caps and they're not as good. Shocking.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
lol you have no idea what this roster is going to look like in 2-3 seasons.

I think there are a lot of people that probably are aware of what our roster will look like in 2-3 seasons since we gave away so many 1st rounders....are usually against the cap with guys that cannot be traded and have virtually nothing in the pipeline ...and an aging King....It won't be pretty unless we catch some huge breaks . It's almost a reality that eventually teams fall after a number of successful seasons...our clock is ticking .

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

This is an honest question. Do you, or the other guys that are always so worried about what the advanced stats might be saying, watch entire games of other teams on a regular basis?

Hockey is an up and down sport. Every single team gets dominated in several aspects of the game for varying periods of time every single night. There is no such thing as a "perfect game", especially in a league with as much parity as the NHL. Any team can beat any other team on any given night, so please don't make the mistake of getting worried when the other team "dominates" the Rangers on a random shift, or even for a whole period.

The long term trends just speak for themselves at this point. The Rangers are, and have been, an elite team in the NHL. They have achieved this using one of many possible styles of play. Could they be better? Of course. But that question needs to be considered in context - every team could be better. No team is perfect.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I think there are a lot of people that probably are aware of what our roster will look like in 2-3 seasons since we gave away so many 1st rounders....are usually against the cap with guys that cannot be traded and have virtually nothing in the pipeline ...and an aging King....It won't be pretty unless we catch some huge breaks . It's almost a reality that eventually teams fall after a number of successful seasons...our clock is ticking .

Well, at that point we can hope that this group will have won at least one Cup. We can also hope that this new management regime, which all of us believe is at least a little bit smarter than the last one, will recognize that being truly bad (as opposed to mediocre) is an excellent way to rebuild quickly.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I did not see that. Lundy should think back on the times he played bad and the rest of the team supported him.

Lundqvist is very intense and holds himself to a very high standard--doesn't surprise me that he reacts in the heat of the moment. It was a pretty loose game by Ranger standards.

On the other hand, I thought it was a very enjoyable game to watch--lots of action both ways.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Well, at that point we can hope that this group will have won at least one Cup. We can also hope that this new management regime, which all of us believe is at least a little bit smarter than the last one, will recognize that being truly bad (as opposed to mediocre) is an excellent way to rebuild quickly.

Management won't be able to do that--the owner is addicted to the revenue that a good team produces. The mandate from above will be to have a competitive team.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Lundqvist is very intense and holds himself to a very high standard--doesn't surprise me that he reacts in the heat of the moment. It was a pretty loose game by Ranger standards.

On the other hand, I thought it was a very enjoyable game to watch--lots of action both ways.

Often when a person points a finger at others he has 3 other fingers pointed back at himself. Is it possible Lundy was really frustrated with himself for letting Jagrs wrist shot from 35 feet after playing such a good game but could not admit that to himself?

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Anyone see this gem from Pat Leonard suggesting that Tanner Glass be called up?

I’m saying it now: Tanner Glass is in the AHL. Maybe he isn’t a world-beater, but he knows how to play the system Vigneault wants, and he knows how to take a shift without hurting his team. If the players on this team can’t learn that quality, they need someone who already has it. Unfortunately, many young Rangers require waivers to send to the minors, so bringing Glass up isn’t as simple as swapping him in and sending just anyone to Hartford. I will say this, though: There are plenty of candidates to be yanked from this lineup.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ra...vist-annoyed-win-florida-blog-entry-1.2443059

Pat should have just listened to Torts' request to "stop coaching."

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Anyone see this gem from Pat Leonard suggesting that Tanner Glass be called up?

Comedy Gold from Leonard. WTF is he smoking? We're 15-3-2 this season. We need Tanner now?

HWP Stats for Glass
____

GP 15
G 2 (1 on the PP, lol)
A 3
P/M -10 (2nd worst on team after Hrivik's -14)
21 PIM (2nd most on team after Nehring's 23)

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Often when a person points a finger at others he has 3 other fingers pointed back at himself. Is it possible Lundy was really frustrated with himself for letting Jagrs wrist shot from 35 feet after playing such a good game but could not admit that to himself?

Lundqvist has always been hyper-critical about his play (he's clearly a perfectionist) and Jagr's shot was world class--I suspect, if anything, Lundqvist was more upset about getting to that point by the poor play and especially that stupid penalty Stalberg took.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wasn't happy with the game last night. But there is a point to be made that Florida is a team with a good PP and we had an uncharecteristically bad game on the PK and were on the PK a lot more than them. I'd imaging the shot diffference was closer to 5 if you just look at 5 on 5. The good thing about this game is, no matter what team we're not giving up 3 goals when down a man or two situations maybe more than a couple of times this season (I counted 6 on 5 as that situation). ****** to blow the lead and sucks that Lundqvist's stats took a hit, but I think it was uncharecteristic. Their PK has been solid in the vast majority of games.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wasn't happy with the game last night. But there is a point to be made that Florida is a team with a good PP and we had an uncharecteristically bad game on the PK and were on the PK a lot more than them. I'd imaging the shot diffference was closer to 5 if you just look at 5 on 5. The good thing about this game is, no matter what team we're not giving up 3 goals when down a man or two situations maybe more than a couple of times this season (I counted 6 on 5 as that situation). ****** to blow the lead and sucks that Lundqvist's stats took a hit, but I think it was uncharecteristic. Their PK has been solid in the vast majority of games.

Shots were 25-23 5v5 in favor of Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad