Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
If Florida finds a goalie in the next 2-3 seasons to replace Lou....they will be a better club then we are at that point . They have some great young talent....awesome ! We were BADLY outplayed last night . Again....another stolen win by the King .

Yes, the rangers weren't great last night. The power play is where the Panthers big shot advantage came from. The game was very even when played at 5on5. The officiating is such a joke in the nhl anymore. Granted, the rangers have got to get better at not taking so many penalties, but a lot of the calls against them last night were very weak. You could have called just as many on Florida, but those were completely ignored. I was extremely shocked that they called the penalty on them in ot. The officiating is just a flat out joke.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
The penalty on Boyle was the weakest call I've ever seen...

The officiating was horrendous last night. The Panthers took a lot of penalties last night too, but the refs just blatantly ignored a good 90% of them. I was just shocked that they called the penalty in ot. I didn't think that was allowed... lol

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
And it's not just ranger games either. There are terrible calls in every game that I watch. The officiating in this league is just discusting.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yes, please!

aufheben, are you reading this?
I couldn't watch the game, come here today to read the GDT and the first thing I see is the score on top of the page :madfire:
Continue what you do but leave the score out of the thread title. Please?

On another tack, after watching the highlights on nhl.com I can't really see that any Ranger did very much wrong on any of the FLA goals. They were good hockey plays, that happens, there doesn't have to be someone to blame every time. I know I'm speaking to deaf ears here but it's getting kind of old. :deadhorse

Oh, and the Stepan pick-it-out-of-thin-air-and-send-Zucc-flying was a thing of beauty!
Machinehead usually makes the Post-games! :laugh:

People do that? Read the GDT if they miss the game? That's brilliant. :laugh:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I used to vote for him (when he played a good game and deserved the vote of course), but some guys here went one small step short of completely mental over how the "Norwegian fantards inflated the midgets score" or something to that effect. Since then, i've never voted for him :)

From what I have seen the group of Norwegians on this board are very well liked outside of one blantant troll. You should vote how you honestly feel. Do not worry about anyone else.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Don't know if you guys saw it, but Hank was really mouthing of at the bench after the 4-4 goal. Got the FLA feed.

I did not see that. Lundy should think back on the times he played bad and the rest of the team supported him.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The team deserves to get chewed out. Horrendous ending vs Tampa, then they turn around and give up two goals in a span of seconds, followed by giving up a PS that could of won the game for Florida in regulation. They should of had at least 3 pts, ended up with two, and was very close to ending up with zero this week.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Rest of the team owes him for 10+ years of dragging them into the posteason

It's a team game. Sometimes Lundy picks up the team. Sometimes the team picks him up. It has not been all Lundy. Our backups have had great numbers for years because we have had good teams in front of them. Lundy is a big part of the team but I do not think he should be pointing fingers.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's a team game. Sometimes Lundy picks up the team. Sometimes the team picks him up. It has not been all Lundy. Our backups have had great numbers for years because we have had good teams in front of them. Lundy is a big part of the team but I do not think he should be pointing fingers.

Take him off the team we're mediocre at best, and maybe better than that now by a few hairs. He is the reason we win games. Drags us out of the various **** shows and poor displays of hockey that we see all too much for a contenting team.

Night owl

Jan 10, 2011
Norwegian mountains
Take him off the team we're mediocre at best, and maybe better than that now by a few hairs. He is the reason we win games. Drags us out of the various **** shows and poor displays of hockey that we see all too much for a contenting team.
We did last season and guy named Talbot did quite well as far as I remember.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014

This team gets dominated every game..

They would be a .500 team at best of it wasn't for Zuccarello and Lundqvist being first in every goalie statistic. This year, they deserve to be chewed out.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Remove most teams highest paid player or starting goalie and they will decline but give this team another 8 mill to spend and I doubt they will be mediocre at best. We played around a month last season without Lundy. Our record during that time was far from mediocre.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

They would be a .500 team at best of it wasn't for Zuccarello and Lundqvist being first in every goalie statistic. This year, they deserve to be chewed out.

So we need to remove our leading scorer (Zooks) and highest paid player (Lundy)? How many other teams would be great doing that?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Point he's making is that they DRAG the team through the mud. What part don't you get? They're getting dominated every game.

Lundy is a great goalie and that is why he is the highest paid player on the team but I don't buy in to your nastiness or hyperbole. While Ranta is not as good as Lundy our team does not just collapse when Lundy sits out. We are a 22 man team not a 1 man team.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York

How would you explain the fact that our backup goalies have put up very good numbers for quite a while, if the team around them has been so mediocre??

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York

Yes, this team has several areas that they need improvement in. Especially shots against. But, I don't think being dominated is the word though. This team has been fine while playing 5on5. If they have managed a 15-3-2 record while being "dominated every game, I shudder to think what they can do when they improve :yo:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Lundy is a great goalie and that is why he is the highest paid player on the team but I don't buy in to your nastiness or hyperbole. While Ranta is not as good as Lundy our team does not just collapse when Lundy sits out. We are a 22 man team not a 1 man team.

Put a backup for Hank in for as many games as him and you'd be singing a different tune;

You'll be very hard pressed to find someone who will deal with the crap Hank does and still get wins and post a .946 save percentage to boot.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Put a backup for Hank in for as many games as him and you'd be singing a different tune;

You'll be very hard pressed to find someone who will deal with the crap Hank does and still get wins and post a .946 save percentage to boot.

You are moving the goal posts. Nobody said our backups will put up a .946 save percentage long term. I don't expect Lundy to even keep that high a percentage. Lundy has played very well. He is our highest paid player because he is a great goalie but the team has not collapsed when Ranta or Cam played. The team has had excellent records when the backups played because we have had a good team not a at best mediocre team.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
You are moving the goal posts. Nobody said our backups will put up a .946 save percentage long term. I don't expect Lundy to even keep that high a percentage. Lundy has played very well. He is our highest paid player because he is a great goalie but the team has not collapsed when Ranta or Cam played. The team has had excellent records when the backups played because we have had a good team not a at best mediocre team.

Hank is paid almost 9m/yr because he is the best goalie in the world.

But you aren't getting what I'm saying. If Lundqvist was not on this team, they'd be in trouble. I don't care how good a backup is, the reason they're backup is because they aren't good enough to be a starter. Do you know why I say that the team would be waist deep in **** if Hank wasn't here?

The only one moving the posts here is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad