Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers - January 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Wouldn't be the first time Dallas scored 10 past the Rangers.

Corey Potter and Erik Reitz were dressed that game. Nik Zherdev scored the team's two goals. What a time that was.

This team is in for an ugly stretch the next couple weeks. They look burnt out.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
etem and stalberg flat out dumb and fringe

****ing Gorton, nice depth we have lol...

The season is literary at risk and we have no option than to play Etem with Lindberg and Kreider. Pick up a ****ing NHLer from waivers or are you to DUMB to ****ing to do that too ****ing clown. ****.

Oh I forgot. It's not Gortons fault, it's the cap. And first rounders Slats traded. We are basically playing with a short bench every night thanks to this clown.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Also, why aren't any of the reporters questioning why Etem is playing? There is one reason and one reason only he is playing, because he is Gortons move and this team is solely about protecting Gorton nowadays. Anyone think Etem would be on the ice if Gorton had "inherited" him from a predecessor?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Etem has been in and out of the lineup all season and will likely sit when Hayes returns. Ideally we'd have greater depth but i think you are sweating the small stuff here.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Can the team hire this guy? He's always on the nose.

Valiquette playing decent behind Lundqvist? Best Tandom since Giacomin and Villemure!

Valiquette had a massive stinker of game? Cut this dead weight! Retire already!

Valiquette add some insight while reading off a TelePrompter? Next GM and Coach!

Man, are we swirling down the porcelain pee-hole!

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Corey Potter and Erik Reitz were dressed that game. Nik Zherdev scored the team's two goals. What a time that was.

This team is in for an ugly stretch the next couple weeks. They look burnt out.

Looking at that roster in hindsight, it's amazing anyone blamed that mess on Renney.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I
Etem has been in and out of the lineup all season and will likely sit when Hayes returns. Ideally we'd have greater depth but i think you are sweating the small stuff here.

I don't agree at all.

We had a third line last night that AV could play for 10 minutes on the night, and it was enough to kill us. But nobody think that is a problem??? It's the small stuff?

That annoys me beyond I don't know what. The marginals in this league is very small between the best and most of the rest. Depth is very very important and have been for so long. The ability to play 4 lines and keep the pressure on the other team, take the game to them. You cannot just waste an entire line and think it's the small stuff. We have done just that far far far too many times this season to give Gortons pickups a chance to show how good Gorton is. Stoll dragged down our 4th that has been much better since he was dumped, the man couldn't skate for Christ sake. Etem. And there are no options.

You can get away with in anything when it comes to this hockey team. I don't want to crucify Emerson Etem. But he shouldn't play in a checking role in a very important game when the team is really struggling. AV should have options at hand to put in that can take a regular NHL shift.

Last edited:

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I don't agree at all.

We had a third line last night that AV could play for 10 minutes on the night, and it was enough to kill us. But nobody think that is a problem??? It's the small stuff?

That annoys me beyond I don't know what. The marginals in this league is very small between the best and most of the rest. Depth is very very important and have been for so long. The ability to play 4 lines and keep the pressure on the other team, take the game to them. You cannot just waste an entire line and think it's the small stuff.

You can get away with in anything when it comes to this hockey team. I don't want to crucify Emerson Etem. But he shouldn't play in a checking role in a very important game when the team is really struggling. AV should have options at hand to put in that can take a regular NHL shift.

You seem to be arguing something different now. I agree we need more depth, I agree that you dont want Etem playing a checking role (I'm not convinced we have anyone playing a checking role); but that is all very different to saying that the only reason Etem is dressed is because he's a Gordon trade. He's playing because we have 0 depth/cap space, but he's also been the spare forward for a lot of the season

EDIT - and regardless of the above, I'd still say that Etem himself is a minor issue in the grand scheme. The depth is an issue, the defensive efforts of all 12 fwds are an issue, the positioning and puck moving ability of our D is an issue, the balance of our roster is an issue, our lack of cap space is an issue, ditto our lack of talent coming thru tbe system as well as Hank showing that he's mortal.
All of those issues are greater than Etem (even if he is tangled up in some of them)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Looking at that roster in hindsight, it's amazing anyone blamed that mess on Renney.

This is NYR in a nutshell.

Go back 10 years and grade the media around NYRs take on the team, it's beyond ridiculous every single time. Do you actually know that Brooks predicted a Cup that year? Renney should be fired if we couldn't win with a higher score than 2-1. It's simply amazing.

Go back another 5-10 years. Oh no, you couldn't trap in NY. We need to play like EDM in the 80's from 98-03 when every other single team in the league were mega defensive and disciplined, we free-wheeled. If anyone ever mentioned trapping in NY, media shot it down claiming how NYR fans wouldn't accept it. But I reckon being the laughing stock of the league was something we fans liked. Like we had any options to trap. It's insane.

Torts forbid his blueline to pass the puck up ice in a league that was all about puck possession, not one guy working the Ranger beat noticed. They only commented on how he handled PCs after games.

Good work!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Mike14- But it's just not true that we don't have any depth because of cap space or lack of draft picks. There are so many capable players out there that didn't get a contract, they don't cost more or less than Etem or anyone else.

I don't want to get into names, because then any discussions will become about those names. But take James Sheppard for example since he is someone we all know. He couldn't even get a NHL contract. I am not his biggest fan, but if your season is on the line and you have a bunch of young players on the roster that is really struggling, you should have a James Sheppard to put in at the least. We have LINES on our NHL team that are so thin they cannot be used right now.

There are easily 20-30 better options than Sheppard that couldn't get a contract and another 20-30 as good as him.

Also, it should come as no surprise to anyone that the top players struggle, that any part of the team struggle, when we cannot ice 4 lines anymore. When you have had 4 lines putting the pressure on for 15 minutes, when the other teams have been forced to focus on guys like Nash and MSL, have had Yandle and Boyle make high caliber plays, when kids all over the roster have broken the pattern, it's then a Brassard gets a scoring chance. It's then Kreider have a puck land on his stick and he can bang it home. It's then a Lindberg suddenly roofs a shot.

If you are a mess on the ice 50% of the time, good things happens to the team you face instead. It's as simple as that.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Ola, there is no one really out there (UFA) on MSL's level that I know of. But in hind site, we'd have been better off picking up a guy like Olli Jokinen instead of Stalberg. Better to have a 'has been" that can do great things any given game...than to have a "never was" that just got bought out. We were too interested in keeping our "speed identity" I suppose. :shakehead

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Anyone complaining about Etem must not be aware of the larger over arching problem of the team also known as the defense

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Etem's last game as a Ranger?

child_praying.gif

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Don't want to hear about outshooting this team. When you score 3 goals in a 1/2 game on 10 shots there's no reason to shoot the puck. You dump, you trap, you collapse.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
****ing Gorton, nice depth we have lol...

The season is literary at risk and we have no option than to play Etem with Lindberg and Kreider. Pick up a ****ing NHLer from waivers or are you to DUMB to ****ing to do that too ****ing clown. ****.

Oh I forgot. It's not Gortons fault, it's the cap. And first rounders Slats traded. We are basically playing with a short bench every night thanks to this clown.

Yeah Gorton, go out and get one of those countless Nhl'ers chilling on the waiver wire.

Sather left Gorton a lemon. To his credit, Sather saw this coming and vacated the GM position. But make no mistake who th chief architect is of this incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad