Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers - January 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This gang either won't make the playoffs this season or will back in and get whacked in a hurry

Said it from the summer. No offensive ability what so ever. Dont give me any stuff about 5th in the league in scoring blah blah blah the recent trend is bad. See when you don't score it erodes confidence more so than scoring and losing 5-4. This team is going in the wrong direction. The defense ain't perfect but the forwards stink. Period.

They can't score goals at even strength. The top 9 is weak with nash and kreider both in full rick nash playoff mode.

can't win when you can't score. Seems to me this team has too much quit in it..that's a huge concern.

And Dylan Mcilrath won't help what's wrong with this team. Unless it's a trade.

Next up Dallas....

Last edited:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I wonder who our all star will be. Should be Zucc or Yandle. Leaning Yandle, cause Metro is a bit over saturated with forwards

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seemed to me that they created remarkably little in terms of legitimate scoring chances.

What numbers did WOI come up with?

20 scoring chances.

We heated up in the 3rd period, but yeah, that's not enough. But we were really good defensively.

We're 4th in scoring so it's really not a concern for me. Some of our producers just had an off night. The powerplay had an off night.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'm really happy with Miller's play this year, and I like him with Zucc and Brass. Too many people gave up on him early

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I think there are a lot of fans who think like this, and alarming is putting it nicely.

I literally give absolutely no credence to anyone who thinks it's ok to let Yandle walk. That's the end of my discussion with them. Basically, they know nothing about hockey.

That being said, I'm not so sure AV and co aren't in that group. Yandle should be kept at the cost of almost anyone else on this team. Unless we decide to rebuild full on.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Completely agree.

First goal was a bad play by Etem, who might be the worst hockey player in the history of the sport, and Hank not making a big save.

Yes, bad play by Etem. Also Lindberg and Staal (?) failed to tie up the goal scorer's stick.

Second goal was a lucky deflection.

Also a bad change by the Rangers coupled with a great long pass by the FL defenseman put us on our heels.

Third was a well worked passing sequence, and Hank missing the shot.

Rangers PK-ers didn't get their sticks in the passing lane very well.

They really didn't give up that much. Was not a bad defensive game.

I agree. Too bad we had that first breakdown.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This gang either won't make the playoffs this season or will back in and get whacked in a hurry

Said it from the summer. No offensive ability what so ever. Dont give me any stuff about 5th in the league in scoring blah blah blah the recent trend is bad. See when you don't score it erodes confidence more so than scoring and losing 5-4. This team is going in the wrong direction. The defense ain't perfect but the forwards stink. Period.

They can't score goals at even strength. The top 9 is weak with nash and kreider both in full rick nash playoff mode.

can't win when you can't score. Seems to me this team has too much quit in it..that's a huge concern.

Next up Dallas....

I agree with some if what you've said, but i dont know you can say the trend for our offense has been poor. We scored 38 goals in 13 games in Dec, just under 3 gpg. The forwards have been poor defensively (and they were poo tonight) but expecting our goals for to be higher seems ambitious.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Completely agree.

First goal was a bad play by Etem, who might be the worst hockey player in the history of the sport, and Hank not making a big save.

Second goal was a lucky deflection.

Third was a well worked passing sequence, and Hank missing the shot.

They really didn't give up that much. Was not a bad defensive game.

Second goal was a bad bounce for sure but there may have been a breakdown in coverage due to miscommunication. Etem was covering the puck carrier who dished it back to the point. Etem then proceeded to cover the point man who Kreider also came over to. Other point man was wide open who blasted the shot before Etem could scramble across to him. Staal had a man tied up in the slot.

It was a weird play. Etem let off his man to cover another man. Kreider went to the same guy but it might have been Kreider's guy anyway. Staal had his guy tied up. So whos man was wide open? Was it a true breakdown or just passing that got the coverage mixed up with really no one at fault? I'd have to see the replay.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

Next up Dallas....

Scoring is not the problme except for tonight. McIlrath should not be traded whatsoever. He is one of the very few near untouchables on this team.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love when every month or so when we don't score, people come on and blame the offense. I'll see you guys on Valentine's Day.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I actually think the only thing our forwards do well is score. It's pretty much every other aspect of the game that gives them problems.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
There are so many issues with this team right now, I really don't want to get into it because I fear I'll grind my keyboard down to dust before finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad