Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers 11/27/13: Mashed Potatahs! Gravy! And Cranberry SAUCE!!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, if not for Toronto having an LOOOOOL period, I think we'd be perfect today. All teams but the Pens that we wanted to lose, lost in regulation. We won.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is Weekes forbidden by contract to say anything negative? Richards' goal was a "tremendous play" and Bjugstad's (sp?) was an "impressive play". Both just shot and relied on the goalie **** his pants.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
A win's a win. 2nd place in the division. I guess I can be thankful for that tomorrow... Cheers everyone - happy Thanksgiving!

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I can't believe we're in 2nd in our division. Didn't expect this division to be so terrible. I guess Washington and carolina brought the Southeast stink with them. :sarcasm:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gotta take issue with AV tonight.

Hated the Dorsett scratching. Takes out the guy with the only semblance of toughness in this lineup to bring in butter soft Pyatt and keep in useless Pouloit.

Also don't get the MDZ thing. As you guys know I'm not a fan at all of MDZ's game, but Falk is even worse! He's on the ice for a goal every night like clockwork.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Gotta take issue with AV tonight.

Hated the Dorsett scratching. Takes out the guy with the only semblance of toughness in this lineup to bring in butter soft Pyatt and keep in useless Pouloit.

Also don't get the MDZ thing. As you guys know I'm not a fan at all of MDZ's game, but Falk is even worse! He's on the ice for a goal every night like clockwork.

Dorsett was hurt (wrist) - not a healthy scratch.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Beautiful power play goal by Brassard and Zuccs.

Nice to see the team actually draw up a play, practice it and score in a game with it. That did not happen when Torts was here. Ever.

Also the soft goal by Hank did not matter because we scored 5. If we had zero goals, he would have been blamed for the loss. What a difference giving him goal support has.

I was impressed by Florida, they won't be an easy team to play against as the young guys mature and get more experience.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
They've been to OT. They beat Detroit on Brassard's goal. Unless you meant first shootout?

I completely forgot about that game. But yea, I wonder when the first shootout will be and I wonder if there will be more OT games in general. It seems like the Rangers must have the fewest or near fewest OT appearances this season.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Colorado is the only other team that hasn't made it to a shootout, but they've been to OT 3 times. Winnipeg has been in 8 shootouts already.

Green Blob*

Wait was Doresett just scratched for no reason or he was hurt?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Team looked average to bad against a bad team. For a while I thought the team was on an upswing after "learning the system" a few games after the opening road trip. They seem to have plateaued and are now just a middle of the pack team. Im not sure what the solution is but something has to change if they want in on the playoffs.

Most upsetting thing for me is that every game that Hank gives up a goal, he gives up 1 soft goal. Hes played great for the most part, but the 1 a game softy thing has to stop. I no longer consider him elite, but hes still a good starter, just not a top 5 like we expect him to be. Hope he picks it up a bit more by midseason.

After the 2-6 start I think we have the best record in the East.

But I agree that there are some work left. But we shouldn't be too down on ourself. Last season you knew that we would be hammered and physically humiliated by a team like Boston, the last time we played them we stood up well. Next game is a good test for where we are at.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Finally after all these games get bounces our way and people complain?

I can't compute

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Pyatt on the 3rd line. :shakehead Not like Pouliot is much better, but at least the guy can play. We have a screaming need on the 3rd line.

Boyle - Brassard - Callahan
Pyatt - Moore - Dorsett

That's a pretty good checking third line with some offense. Pyatt in makes the fourth line worse, but he's a big guy who works hard, so it's still pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad