Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Panthers 11/27/13: Mashed Potatahs! Gravy! And Cranberry SAUCE!!

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Waive everyone.

So happy that everything bounced the Rangers way tonight.

Florida arent a pushover team. They're able to beat any team in the NHL, so no need to think less of a road win here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Things I loved tonight:

McDonagh's one-handed pokechecks. He's just like "dude, no."

Zuccarello keeping his chin up and scoring after his error.

Getting a captainly play from Callahan when we needed it.

I decided to be mean to Nash and yelled "yeah another useless goal!" at my tv. Turns out to be gamewinner :laugh:

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Team looked average to bad against a bad team. For a while I thought the team was on an upswing after "learning the system" a few games after the opening road trip. They seem to have plateaued and are now just a middle of the pack team. Im not sure what the solution is but something has to change if they want in on the playoffs.

Most upsetting thing for me is that every game that Hank gives up a goal, he gives up 1 soft goal. Hes played great for the most part, but the 1 a game softy thing has to stop. I no longer consider him elite, but hes still a good starter, just not a top 5 like we expect him to be. Hope he picks it up a bit more by midseason.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This needs to reposted.

Our 5 goal game was bad? Take a look at the leafs.

Hc2gOEr.jpg

(they finished the 3rd with 0 shots)

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Glad they won, in spite of themselves.
Sorry, they did not look good, and I bet they know they really need to clean up their game.

Good work by Henrik, it was required this game.

RangersHank*

Before crowning them cup contenders, lets beat Boston and Van in back to backs. Get over 500 for once by a few games

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Some thoughts on this game:

1) Defense wasn't as bad as it seems. They kept forechecking hard but for the most part they didn't get that many great chances.

2) Offense was very disappointing. 2 PP goals (1 was pretty fluky), 1 softy, 1 goal on an unforced giveaway, and 1 empty netter. Couldn't do anything. Scoring 5 goals in a game like this is a thing that happens to teams like the Panthers.

3) Hank was good all game though he usually didn't have to face difficult chances, but I'm sorry we don't score enough to keep having our "best in the world" goalie give up softies every game. Lately it's as if we start each game 1-0. I'd take a goalie that is steady and gives softies very rarely but doesn't steal you the Dallas game, than a goalie that can steal you a game once in a while but otherwise gives up softy after softy. I'd rather have Talbot in net right now.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
That second goal aside, great game by Hank. You don't get that badly outplayed and win the game unless your goalie stepped up.

RangersHank*

People turning on Hank makes me question their knowledge of the sport. Lol

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Some thoughts on this game:

1) Defense wasn't as bad as it seems. They kept forechecking hard but for the most part they didn't get that many great chances.

2) Offense was very disappointing. 2 PP goals (1 was pretty fluky), 1 softy, 1 goal on an unforced giveaway, and 1 empty netter. Couldn't do anything. Scoring 5 goals in a game like this is a thing that happens to teams like the Panthers.

3) Hank was good all game though he usually didn't have to face difficult chances, but I'm sorry we don't score enough to keep having our "best in the world" goalie give up softies every game. Lately it's as if we start each game 1-0. I'd take a goalie that is steady and gives softies very rarely but doesn't steal you the Dallas game, than a goalie that can steal you a game once in a while but otherwise gives up softy after softy. I'd rather have Talbot in net right now.
Something tells me you wouldnt be happy unless we won games 10-0 :laugh:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Before crowning them cup contenders, lets beat Boston and Van in back to backs. Get over 500 for once by a few games

Who's crowning them cup contenders after tonight? I don't understand why some people feel the need to bring a wet rag into the conversation. I don't mean to go off on you specifically. It's a lot of posters lately.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That second goal aside, great game by Hank. You don't get that badly outplayed and win the game unless your goalie stepped up.

Except the Panthers didn't get that many great chances. He had to make some very good saves, most notably in the first period on that one shift, but he didn't have to stand on his head. The D wasn't great but it was good enough. He didn't have to play so amazing the rest of the game that that goal should be forgotten. Plus it's become a habit for him. He does it virtually every game now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Who's crowning them cup contenders after tonight? I don't understand why some people feel the need to bring a wet rag into the conversation. I don't mean to go off on you specifically. It's a lot of posters lately.

The thing is we'd get the same post if we beat the Panthers 8-0 and outshot them 50-10. People always find a need to find the negative in everything. This game wasn't very good but I feel like I've watched the Rangers bang their head against the wall enough this season and get shutout or score 1 goal that we were due for a game like this.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hank was great, gave up one bad goal there and (for once!) the team bailed him out.

Just like is supposed to happen. Team stunk, Hank bailed them out early. Hank gave up a stinker, team bailed him out at the end. One of the great qualities of the 11-12 team was its ability to win games where they were outplayed, or where one aspect of the team (offense, defense, or goaltending) had an off night. Nice to see us win one like that here.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012

Always complete elation or misery with this board sometimes. If you enjoy a win suddenly you think we are winning the cup, and if you're upset over a loss it means you hate the team and want to rebuild.

It wasn't the best looking win but it is 2 points and I'll take it.

No more no less. Onto the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad