Speculation: Rangers open to moving a first-round pick

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You missed my point though.

Galchenyuk hasn't done anything to warrant his draft position. Yes, a #3 overall pick is going to have a greater chance to do something at the NHL level than someone at #28 or #31, I'm not arguing that.

What I'm saying is that you value Galchenyuk in a light that you shouldn't value him in. Aside from his one good year, his numbers have been absolutely pedestrian for a #3 overall pick.

I'll take my chances at #28 and #31 over a player who it looks like has already peaked and wasn't worth the his draft spot. I'd value Galchenyuk as a middle-late 1st rounder and I'd rather have two of those than one of him.
Ur two non top 10 firsts are more likely to bust than to reach chucky's level

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I guess you miss the whole point yourself. This has nothing but absolutely nothing to do with his draft rank or the draft rank you would randomly say he should have been draft based on his stats.

The point is, Galchenyuk is an nhl player and a top 6 forward already. And my point is look at the odds of your late 1st picks becoming top 6 players or top 4 D. They are not pretty good.

I understand your point, you choose to ignore mine because it doesn't fit your narrative and that's fine. I really don't care at this point because I don't want anything to do with him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Really? Because there have been several players over the years that have reached his level at those positions and in later rounds, nevermind being picked in the late 1st round.
And how many late first rounders have busted? Exactly.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Pacioretty for your higher pick.
Not interested - we have Kreider who is 27, and we have enough players above that age which might be outside the window we are going to start to compete again.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So many ways to interpret that. As a Devils fan I hope it means they’re going to retool as opposed to rebuild.
It`s not a retool at all - it`s a complete rebuild and it started with the Stepan trade last summer.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I really hope they just keep the picks. I think moving up is overrated and they simply cannot afford to miss. This team has an atrocious draft history. There are years where they don't get a single player and long stretched of years where all they got was a random long shot. Because of that I think they need as many chances as possible. Numbers will tell you late first and seconds will probably bust but that is the point. Guys like Subban, Weber, etc. were second rounders. Give the scouts the ammo and let them fire away. They need to stock the shelves so that when the current young players are coming up for their big raises, they too can be moved for a package of assets and so on. Through the long term plan of trading guys like Nash and McD for 3 or four pieces that hopefully develop into someone you can trade for 3 or 4 pieces, etc. You develop long term organizational depth and strength. That's how you need to build a franchise in this era.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
And how many late first rounders have busted? Exactly.

Not nearly as many, because they don't "bust". They're not expected to have the career that someone picked 3rd overall. That's supposed to be a franchise talent or damn close to one. Galchenyuk has done nothing to suggest he's anything more than a decent complimentary player.

I'll take my chances with the 2 unproven products that I'll pay peanuts for over Galchenyuk. That's your 3rd overall pick? Good for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad