Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Oilers - December 11 (and December 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think 5 of the Oilers' goals were high-danger chances tonight. This is what it looks like when your goalie doesn't put up a +90SV% in that area, aka average goaltending. And he still made some fantastic saves.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
McIlrath looked great against Hall. I'd chalk this up to last change but I have zero faith AV would have done it any different at MSG. Girardi was just completely shrugged off on that 5th goal.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Drop Girardi, Staal, and Glass.... Replace them with Diaz, Skjei, and Etem (once stepan is healthy)... It can't be any worse than this **** show

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
McIlGOAT 18+ minutes tonight...

thumbs-up-gif.gif

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Didn't watch the game due to work but kinda glad I missed it.

Hate to seem a fair weather fan here, but my subscription to streaming services is lapsing in a week and I'm letting it. I'm super busy and this isn't worth my money or time.

Holiday slump.

We'll be back. We'll make the playoffs. We're not a cup contender though. You all know that, right?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mac was -3 against Hall. 3 against and 0 for. Small sample though. In the shifts I saw, I felt like Hall generated some zone time against McIlrath but he was able to keep him from really doing anything with it. We're talking about a world class forward against a guy playing his 13th game, and he survived.

It was another promising game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Mac was -3 against Hall. 3 against and 0 for. Small sample though. In the shifts I saw, I felt like Hall generated some zone time against McIlrath but he was able to keep him from really doing anything with it. We're talking about a world class forward against a guy playing his 13th game, and he survived.

It was another promising game.
He did good. Nothing flashy, but that's what top pairs are supposed to do.

He's been facing good competition. Completely wrecked Edler-Tanev the other night as well. McIlrath hasn't been Ray Bourque but while the rest of the team looks like October 2013, he's been solid to fantastic. His nastiness is just gravy.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
18-5
27-5
27-5
27-5
27-5
27-22

One of them was on the ice for all six. They were together for four.

Could you imagine if in addition to that, Staal-Boyle would have to contain the McDavid line?

:laugh:

What scares me is that I could see Dylan being in and out if the lineup again when Klein comes back which would drive me crazy.

Last edited:

DakrSnooze

Aug 27, 2011
Whitehorse
Rangers will be out for blood when these two teams hook up again on Tuesday. It might not seem like it right now, but Tuesday will not be a fun night for Oiler fans. We'll enjoy it while we can I suppose...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
AV is stubborn ass. He split up McD-Girardi earlier this season but put them back together for some odd reason and has never separated them since. I hated Torts and AV is a much better coach but as far as individual team decisions AV has him beat in stupidity. Between this "top" pair, Yandle not playing at all, and Glass, AV is ****ing clueless.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Rangers will be out for blood when these two teams hook up again on Tuesday. It might not seem like it right now, but Tuesday will not be a fun night for Oiler fans. We'll enjoy it while we can I suppose...

This team doesn't have an "out for blood" mode this season. They have a "Hang in there!"-cat-poster mode and that's about it.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
If this season ends in failure and it will, there needs to be major changes to this roster.

Problem is that the two of the three players that needs to go both have no move/trade in their contracts and are overpayed. The third guy is Boyle but he will be gone this summer. Girardi and staal needs to go and i just dont see how any team will take them on with the contracts they have....

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
I did fell asleep before this one began (puck drop 03:30 AM), woke up to see the score.

The only correct thing to say here is: Wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad