Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Oilers - December 11 (and December 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch Fan

Oct 12, 2014
What happened to this team's ability to actually create sustained offensive zone pressure? It seems like I haven't seen a cycle all season.

That's what I see, every entry I to the offensive zone is a high lite reel play or nothing, there's little down low work.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
I don't have much of a problem with Boyle. He's pretty decent and is done at the end of the year anyway.

Staal and Girardi trade games where they look like 7th defensemen, and I also agree with OverTheCap's earlier comment that McDonagh HASN'T regained his 2013-14 form this year. He had a few games a month ago where it looked like he did, but he hasn't.

It's starting to get worrying. We have to start asking ourselves if this McDonagh is the new norm. :help:

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Can't believe I actually missed out on the game. Saturday 2:30AM ... got home at 5-6ish :laugh:

Thank god there is another game tonight ... @ 4 AM ... jesus

Draisaitl, oh how I wish he be on this team.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The only problem I see here is McDonagh.

And people say it's Girardi, but it's not. He handed Edmonton that winning goal paired with Boyle.

So you're questioning McDonagh over one goal? Thats a wonderful analysis.

I understand your constant and incessant bashing of Girardi and Staal. But now lumping McDonagh in? Ridiculous.

I also look forward to the you seeing what happens when the guys you don't bash are forced to step up into the higher pairs. It'll be a rude awakening.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
McD looked better with Klein. I'd want to see that pair again for a while before concluding McDonagh has lost it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm sure they'll play like gods tonight and everyone will be tricked into thinking the ship has been righted.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
I guarantee mcilrath is not coming out of the lineup and Skjei will only be here because of injury, maybe.

A rusty Klein will pair with McD,Traffic Control Pylon #5 will pair with Yandle, the ginger pirate will pair with Boyle and McI will rejoin Etem in the pressbox.

Oh and Tanner Glass will remain on the roster for the duration of Alan Vigno's tenure in NY.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Rangers will be out for blood when these two teams hook up again on Tuesday. It might not seem like it right now, but Tuesday will not be a fun night for Oiler fans. We'll enjoy it while we can I suppose...

No they won't.This team is bland.No balls,no snarl other than a rookie D man who will be scratched again when Klein comes back from injury.

They're good in the room,a swell bunch of fellows who will pass a shot attempt in order to pass to another player.

They are eunuchs.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
That 6-5 goal tho. How do give up that goal with 1 minute left right after a tying goal? HOW? Why pinch that late in a game? I still can't believe this crap.

And Korpikoski scored three goals.

KORPIKOSKI SCORED THREE GOALS!

tumblr_inline_nr33tmCRwa1rbgh7e_500.gif

****ing joke.

Last edited:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
No way in hell this team will go deep into playoffs. Not even sure they will make it to playoffs, playing like this.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
This game is called "the same the rangers defense has been all year with average goaltending"

They are very lucky they don't have average goaltending.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I only ended up watching the 1st, but McDonagh was directly responsible for goals 2 & 3. Sounds like he wasn't any better the rest of the game.

I do love the fact, though, that Glen Sather night involved a 7-5 Oilers win. And a Sather draft pick got the hat trick.

Lucrative night for my fantasy team since I have Hall and Draisaitl. Otherwise, let's just forget about this all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad