Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ Maple Leafs [mod warning post #378]

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
So if I have it cortectly, per sam, Anderson made an incredible save to rob strome on deangelo's game winner?

Might be time to hang em up sam....

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Speaking of PxP guys, I had to listen to Joe Bowen on Leafs radio for the first part of the game. Joe is a Hall of Famer and a great guy (I talked to him several times before The Garden was renovated) but I had no idea what the f*** was going on. Stunned on how poor a job he was doing. And their color guy, Jim Ralph, is the textbook definition of death warmed over.

Reactions: NCRanger and nyr2k2

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I just automatically pick Panarin as one of the 3 stars win or lose....tonight was no different as he was phenomenal as per the norm. It's just a question of who the other two stars are for me in any given game.

Tonight Georgie's play in net was enormous. He was a wall despite constant pressure from Leafs who lets be honest may suck on D but they are ridiculously talented on offense. I think two Leaf goals went off Ranger sticks

. And tho I originally said early in the game that it would take 45 saves to win the game, it ended up being 43 saves. It's games like this as to the reason I don't want to deal him.

Zibs and Strome share the #3 spot as both of them were monsterish tonight as they were all over the ice making Leaf D look worse than they already are.

Not the prettiest win but it was probably one of the top 3 games of the year as far as excitement is concerned and so we'll take it. I love when we play the Leafs cause it gives our skill guys freedom to roam wherever they want and do whatever they want to do. One never has to worry about the "left wing lock or trap when playing Toronto...lol

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Missed the game why’s everyone talking about Buch? And what did joe say about him

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
DeAngelo with a winner, oh that was easy..Toronto still not very good in hockey, lol. :)

Leafs aren’t really good. They’re good offensively but the rest is a sham. Much like our Rangers.

They’re like us but trying to win a cup and with fans who think they can

Toronto isnt ever going anywhere with that group as constructed

Well thats Dubas the genius.

Need bottom 6 players..signs washed up scorer in Spezza

Needs defenseman...trades for offensive d-man that cant defend

Leafs have allowed 16 goals in their last 3 games. Imagine going to playoffs with that tire-fire defense.
Team is built like a 12 year-old boy’s HUT team.
You guys know we are 8-1-1 in our last 10 games right??

Reactions: mrhockey193195

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
ADA overcame Lindy Ruff's touch of death. That is all.

He already over came AV, Quinn, and Ron Low trying to ruin him due to their Macedonian bias, so why wouldn't he overcome Lindy Ruff's toxicity?

In fact, given his career trajectory and attitude issues, we might need to thank Lindy Ruff for making ADA turn it around.

Extend Ruff---->ADA wins 2Conn Smythe beating Leetch--->No more 1940---->rinse repeat

Reactions: will1066

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Strome, Georgiev and Panarin. You win 5-4 and one guy has 2 goals and 4 points out of it--he's one of the stars---that's a rule. That said Alex was great tonight in goal--literally had no chance on any of the goals that got past him and got bombarded and made numerous outstanding saves. Panarin was just making play after play--it's like he always finds the guy with the best chance of scoring and puts it right on his stick. Just an outstanding hockey player and absolutely worth the contract he's getting.

Reactions: Maximus

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
To be fair for Sam, it looks like Jim Hughson for the HNIC feed also called that as a save by Andersen. the crews must have had a bad angle.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Sam needs to retire.

*Crossbar*

Sam: Goal!

*Goal*

Sam: Save!

Goal by TDA:

Sam: Hat trick for Ryan Strome!

That was like 2 minutes of game time.
Put some F'ing Respek out there man. You're going to be an old timer some day. Don't shit on a legend.

Reactions: Leetch94

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
What do you mean "You people"?
giphy.gif

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is a weird ass f***ing team.

2 players at a PPG+, Strome not far behind, the most productive D in the league (and we play Staal.)

Yet every game seems to be a f***ing shooting gallery in our end for long stretches. The boys aren't short on creating chances themselves, but you figure that the coaching staff would have made some adjustments by now (no, throwing Staal out there to protect a lead with a minute left is not the type of adjustment I'm talking about.)

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I don't know if you know, but this was Howden's fourth straight game as a wing.

Reactions: egelband

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
Yeah. Can't imagine that's very sustainable given the team's overall record. Hot streaks happen.

Poorly constructed teams can go on good runs just like anyone else in this league.

Specifically poorly constructed for playoff hockey - you know, when it gets physical.

12-4-1 since Sheldon Keefe is the coach, out shooting and out possessing the opponent almost every game despite having multiple injuries, but I guess it’s just a good run right? :laugh::help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad