Post-Game Talk: RANGERS @ Maple Leafs [mod warning post #378]

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I love Sam. I don’t look forward to the time when he is gone. He is the voice of the Rangers to me.

He does football too. Maybe he needs some load management. I don’t think he will be doing the NFL playoffs.

I do jest at his mistakes but I’ll take a waning Sam over anyone else.
Same here. I can't imagine Rangers hockey without Sam.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Eh, I might die before I'm an old timer. It was post made in gest, take a ****ing chill pill.
It's like Dick Clark on the rockin' new years eve, man. Let the guy roll. He earned it. To me, this guy has been the voice of the Rangers for over 30 years. I don't care what he says. I just want it to sound like him. Like after my Dad died I looked through every phone, video, and answering machine just to hear his voice. It's comforting to me and I don't care if he called a Strome Hatty on a TDA goal. It's all right Sammy. We love you man. Do you, brother.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I thought Kreider had a really good game. He made a couple of very nice defensive plays and helped drive play all night. That being said, I couldn't vote him above Strome, Georgiev, and Panarin.

He did.

I rolled my eyes as hard as I could when joe said that he had been 'quiet' before setting up the 4th goal. I thought this was one of his stronger efforts lately in a string of really good hockey.

I like this Kreider, not the impostor that we saw the first 8 weeks of the season.

Reactions: jas and egelband

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
He did.

I rolled my eyes as hard as I could when joe said that he had been 'quiet' before setting up the 4th goal. I thought this was one of his stronger efforts lately in a string of really good hockey.

I like this Kreider, not the impostor that we saw the first 8 weeks of the season.
This could be Chris Kreider's year.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Strome is making it very hard to trade him - the chemistry seems real - he also obviously is talented he went in the top ten in his draft.

I’ll take the win but hopefully our coaches can work on a way to lessen the shot total. Also big save by Price G right before the goal on the other end - if not this thread would be much different.

Trade Kreider, George and look to keeping Fast, Strome ADA

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
These are the same folks who think Strome is a third liner who's being overused and thus finding too much success for their liking
Strome has looked really good the last two games. Must’ve read my post in the GDT yesterday pre game.

If I’m Strome I want the Rangers to give me a deal with term and a fair but not crazy cap hit. It clearly works with him and Artemiy and he would probably be putting himself in the best hockey situation to stay here with Panarin.

If you can have a Mika line, a Panarin-Strome line and then a Chytil line well now your whole top 9 is dangerous.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Despite my prediction that Strome would have a big year, tonight was the first night where I actually considered in my head for a minute the possibility of keeping him here.

I'm sure it will pass, but still, career year and playing huge minutes. Full props.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Strome has looked really good the last two games. Must’ve read my post in the GDT yesterday pre game.

If I’m Strome I want the Rangers to give me a deal with term and a fair but not crazy cap hit. It clearly works with him and Artemiy and he would probably be putting himself in the best hockey situation to stay here with Panarin.

If you can have a Mika line, a Panarin-Strome line and then a Chytil line well now your whole top 9 is dangerous.
I really hope that he realizes this and it's a great situation for him at this stage of his career

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's like Dick Clark on the rockin' new years eve, man. Let the guy roll. He earned it. To me, this guy has been the voice of the Rangers for over 30 years. I don't care what he says. I just want it to sound like him. Like after my Dad died I looked through every phone, video, and answering machine just to hear his voice. It's comforting to me and I don't care if he called a Strome Hatty on a TDA goal. It's all right Sammy. We love you man. Do you, brother.

The issue is if you are watching your spreadsheet instead the live feed, how can you be sure what's happening if Sam calls Kakko Wilt Chamberlin? It's becomes difficult at that point no?

Reactions: NCRanger

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
At the risk of turning this into the Sam Rosen thread I did want to say a bit more about him.

Players change, coaches, management and ownership has too over the time he has been calling games for us all. Even the opening packages and theme music to start the game changes each season. Sam has been there through all of it and it just feels more like a Rangers game when he’s doing play by play.

I got the chance to meet him once at a hotel bar. I had a hook up and caught a Rangers game on the road and stayed at the same hotel as the team. I walked up to him and said hello. He was with Micheletti and I ignored Joe completely and just told Sam how much he meant to me and many other fans. He was very gracious and friendly. I am not proud now of being rude to Joe but at the time he just replaced JD and had been calling Islanders games the previous year. He frequently slipped and referred to the Rangers as the Islanders during broadcasts. They were mistakes but it irked me. If I were to meet them again I would be much nicer to Joe. He has grown on me.

For those of us who have watched games on MSG for 30+ years, Sam has been the narrator of our seasons past and it is just comforting for him to be calling the action. There have been some games in recent years where others such as Pidto has been in the booth and they just seem a bit lacking somehow.

I do wish that Marv Albert could have been Sam for the Knicks. He wasn’t given the chance.

it was a tough game for Sam. I bet he is being hard on himself. I look forward to the next game where I am sure there will be fewer botches.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Despite my prediction that Strome would have a big year, tonight was the first night where I actually considered in my head for a minute the possibility of keeping him here.

I'm sure it will pass, but still, career year and playing huge minutes. Full props.

Strome is having this remarkable season, but its only one season. Obviously Panarin has inflated his production as well. Not all because of Panarin but certainly a decent chunk. I think the safe bet it to keep Kreider, who has had multiple consistent seasons and try to mold Chytil into that 2C role, and sell very high on Strome. There is just something about Strome that seems off with this. I dunno.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Strome is having this remarkable season, but its only one season. Obviously Panarin has inflated his production as well. Not all because of Panarin but certainly a decent chunk. I think the safe bet it to keep Kreider, who has had multiple consistent seasons and try to mold Chytil into that 2C role, and sell very high on Strome. There is just something about Strome that seems off with this. I dunno.
Just embrace Strome. It's ok.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I dont get the rush to ship out Strome. He was trending up last season before Panarin... Showing chemistry with arguably the best player in Ranger history...

plus... that shot has been under rated... hopefully he shows us another side here, moving forward

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I was watching the highlights of the TSN feed and their play by play guy also thought Anderson saved that Tony D goal at first. So give Sam a little break.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Do you folks feel Fox is regressing a little?

it should be noted that we are now approaching the point in the season that NCAA kids in their first pro season hit the 'wall' and struggle a bit. since they aren't used to playing this many games...I think he's been fine lately but a dip over the next 20-25 games would be pretty standard for rookies out of college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad