Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don’t you ever get tired of saying every single expiring contract will come back to sign with the Rangers?

You literally did the exact same novel-long posts about Hayes last year and how he had a handshake agreement with the Rangers to return.

Let it go, man. It’s painful to read.

Hey.
Want to be critical, that's your right.
But kindly observe your obligation to be correct on the facts.

Hayes is like the only other guy I said could return.
That was not entirely wishful thinking.
Hayes elected to come to NYR, when he could have gone anywhere.

My calculation on Hayes, and maybe I was not prominent in emphasizing this, but I believe I did say to effect, something like, "all thing s being equal". What this means is the offers are more or less a going rate, one is a little better.
The Flyers did $7m+ w/huge term.
That was well beyond expectations.
I don't blame/begrudge him that much $.

You may be right.
If people overpay for Backes and others, they may well over offer Kreider.

But CK is older than Hayes. And there are both common factors [post career/endorsements in NY when the skates get hung up] and unique factors [chemistry w/Zib ongoing which would be discontinued if he goes elsewhere].
So it is a crapshoot.
And it is a gamble I prefer not taking.
I advocate signing and only pimping him out if HE is good with it.

we shall see.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Don’t you ever get tired of saying every single expiring contract will come back to sign with the Rangers?

You literally did the exact same novel-long posts about Hayes last year and how he had a handshake agreement with the Rangers to return.

Let it go, man. It’s painful to read.
We did?

Kreider has more of an impact in the locker room and he's been a part of the team for longer. It's more likely than Hayes re-signing. But if they trade him there's a big risk that he'll sign somewhere else.

I think he'd have no problem re-signing with the Rangers instead of getting moved. He's one of the pillars and he knows they probably got a good team sooner rather than later.

Also New York is a nice city to live in, if you're rich that is.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Prices have gone to high, he may have had too much success of late. Rags will probably end up with him and that is not a bad thing, if they can get rid of some other salary. He could be had in summer for free if the teams play a waiting game.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Your best player on the market now. Toffoli's return (for a rental) was solid. Rangers WILL get more for Kreider. Coleman return, most likely. 1st and Kaut. Don't be foolish Colorado.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
What's stopping Tampa from still making a move to get Kreider right now? They still have a first and guys like Raddysh and Katchouk. Why not reunite him with McDonagh in the locker room?

Because we already now have three legitimate top six-caliber lines and adding another guy would be overkill and a waste of valuable assets? Because we’re going to need somebody left in our system with which to replace our aging and high-priced veteran forwards over the next few years? Because we’ve been taking players from the Rangers for the last several years and it’s gotten us nowhere? Take your pick.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I know @DFC is disappointed. But Coleman is a good add for you guys.

He is a good add. We overpaid for him by a pretty good margin and I’m not happy about that, but he’s a perfect fit for what we needed in our lineup and he costs only $1.8M against the cap with another year remaining. I’ve never been a fan of overpaying at the deadline, but if we were going to do so this was the year in which to do it, and at least we didn’t do it for a rental or someone that didn’t fit our needs. I’d have liked BriseBois to drive a harder bargain but at least I can live with who we got.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Avalanche pretty much NEED to trade for Kreider now to stay afloat.

...which is why the Blues should recognize this and trade for Kreider instead, crushing the Avs while they are down.

Reactions: Guyute

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
1st+Trent+ Heinen would still be my offer.

Kreider is not the guy to kill your prospect pool fully.

Toffoli returned a 2nd+ good prospect
Stone 2nd+ Vegas' top2 prospect.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
No, translation is that Ranger's have no real intention of re-signing him. Just going through the same motions like before Nash/Zucc/Hayes were traded.
I don’t really recall much of an effort being made the re-sign Zucc, Hayes or Nash. I think they are gauging where Kreider’s head is as far as money and term. That’s part of due diligence. And I do think they have interest- to a point.​

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
1st+Trent+ Heinen would still be my offer.

Kreider is not the guy to kill your prospect pool fully.

Toffoli returned a 2nd+ good prospect
Stone 2nd+ Vegas' top2 prospect.

I think Boston's window is closing. I think Kreider could be the key to a deep run. You don;t have to go after him but someone else will and you don't want to play that team. I think if the Blues made a move for him, they repeat.

Your offer likely won't get it done for NY. Kreider is the best TDL get this time around and Tofoli is already gone. Equates to more competition for a finite amount of top end assets.

Kreider at 50% for:

Studnicka/Beecher and a 1st
or Studnicka/Beecher, Fred and a 2nd
Heinen is a guy we aren't interested in unless you need to move him for cap reasons. I think some Rangers fans would see Heinen as a Spooner/Namestnikov-like asset.......totally unnecessary unless there is a better return.

Reactions: AirGut

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t really recall much of an effort being made the re-sign Zucc, Hayes or Nash. I think they are gauging where Kreider’s head is as far as money and term. That’s part of due diligence. And I do think they have interest- to a point.​
I’m seeing as much effort with Kreider like i did with those players (at least by what is being reported, or lack of). There is 6 days till the deadline, time running out very very quickly, Gorton has to be on the phone by now with potential suitors.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think Boston's window is closing. I think Kreider could be the key to a deep run. You don;t have to go after him but someone else will and you don't want to play that team. I think if the Blues made a move for him, they repeat.

Your offer likely won't get it done for NY. Kreider is the best TDL get this time around and Tofoli is already gone. Equates to more competition for a finite amount of top end assets.

Kreider at 50% for:

Studnicka/Beecher and a 1st
or Studnicka/Beecher, Fred and a 2nd
Heinen is a guy we aren't interested in unless you need to move him for cap reasons. I think some Rangers fans would see Heinen as a Spooner/Namestnikov-like asset.......totally unnecessary unless there is a better return.

Why would he get that much more than superior Stone who got signed a bit later?

Heinen is more like a cap move.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I’m seeing as much effort with Kreider like i did with those players (at least by what is being reported, or lack of). There is 6 days till the deadline, time running out very very quickly, Gorton has to be on the phone by now with potential suitors.
I have to believe the process isn't just starting now. It probably started this past summer.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Why would he get that much more than superior Stone who got signed a bit later?

Heinen is more like a cap move.

........because Kreider is this years best TDL target and recent but past TDL deals really have no real bearing on establishing what current deadline prices will be? Competition for TDL players and availability of players does that. We have seen Tofoli already moved. So the pool is even more limited and St. Louis, AVs, Caps and maybe Dallas are lurking.

AVs look to need help due to injuries, St. Louis could block that and with Tarasenko currently out and questionable to return before the playoffs, Kreider would really help them. As stated I think Boston's window is closing, this year they need to keep up with Tampa who took themselves out of the Kreider auction with the Coleman deal. Maybe the Caps get in on Kreider to bulk up.

OTT got a 2017 #15 pick in Brannstrom, an NHL 3C in Lindberg and a Dallas 2nd for Stone. That was a pretty good haul. That;s a top prospect, an NHL player and a 2nd.

Considering Boston's 1st/2nd will be very late......the pick is inconsequential and not the best asset in any deal.....Studnicka/Beecher is. So you have a late pick and top prospect for Kreider, as a base......maybe cap comes back to NY.
I think that is on par with the Stone trade. Maybe you move cap to try and resign Kreider as well. I'd take Heinen/Miller or both as a cap dump if nec..

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
........because Kreider is this years best TDL target and recent but past TDL deals really have no real bearing on establishing what current deadline prices will be? Competition for TDL players and availability of players does that. We have seen Tofoli already moved. So the pool is even more limited and St. Louis, AVs, Caps and maybe Dallas are lurking.

AVs look to need help due to injuries, St. Louis could block that and with Tarasenko currently out and questionable to return before the playoffs, Kreider would really help them. As stated I think Boston's window is closing, this year they need to keep up with Tampa who took themselves out of the Kreider auction with the Coleman deal. Maybe the Caps get in on Kreider to bulk up.

OTT got a 2017 #15 pick in Brannstrom, an NHL 3C in Lindberg and a Dallas 2nd for Stone. That was a pretty good haul. That;s a top prospect, an NHL player and a 2nd.

Considering Boston's 1st/2nd will be very late......the pick is inconsequential and not the best asset in any deal.....Studnicka/Beecher is. So you have a late pick and top prospect for Kreider, as a base......maybe cap comes back to NY.
I think that is on par with the Stone trade. Maybe you move cap to try and resign Kreider as well. I'd take Heinen/Miller or both as a cap dump if nec..
Can you 100% guarantee that Kreider will re-sign with whichever team trades for him? 'Cause that's the only reason Vegas gave up Brannstrom in the Stone deal. Stone is also a better player than Kreider, too, so I'm not sure if the blueprint for that deal is the best one to use in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad