Dreger: Kreider most likely to be traded after contract talks. 1st Rounder on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I can't speak with any type of authority but if I were GM I would leave out the final conditional... who knows.

I do know Studnicka is a top prospect and I think for him to move in the first place I think Kreider would have an extension in place at the time of the trade.

There is real potential for Kreider to be the missing piece and I think it's the only true option for the Bruins. There are plenty of other rumored players but they are less exciting.

I think a small part of the argument for trading Kreider is that Gorton could attempt to resign him in the offseason so I would hope they get extra compensation in the event Kreider doesn't make it back to July 1st.

If Studnicka isn't gonna be moved then we would look for someone else with more immediate impact say a 1st and DeBrusk.

There is also the possibility of the Rangers taking back the Backes contract (with level of retention dependant on what assets come back)

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I don't think a straight 1st and Studnicka are fair asks for Kreider.

How about
Kreider (50% retained)

For

Studnicka
Conditional 2020 2nd (becomes a 1st if Boston reaches the cup)
Conditional 2021 3rd (becomes a 1st if Kreider resigns.

I like this deal but I think it should be a 2nd if he re-signs with them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

How about
Kreider (50% retained)

For

Studnicka

There's not a chance that Boston trades their best prospect who happens to be a C and b) kills their future for Kreider.

I think a small part of the argument for trading Kreider is that Gorton could attempt to resign him in the offseason so I would hope they get extra compensation in the event Kreider doesn't make it back to July 1st.

If Studnicka isn't gonna be moved then we would look for someone else with more immediate impact say a 1st and DeBrusk.

There is also the possibility of the Rangers taking back the Backes contract (with level of retention dependant on what assets come back)

Are you serious here?

How many UFA's return this?

The hell is the point of Kreider if you trade Debrusk?

We are talking of UFA Kreider, not superstar here.

Reactions: Root

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
There's not a chance that Boston trades their best prospect who happens to be a C and b) kills their future for Kreider.

Are you serious here?

How many UFA's return this?

The hell is the point of Kreider if you trade Debrusk?

We are talking of UFA Kreider, not superstar here.

So dramatic lol

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Beaszt519

Feb 15, 2020
I mean, as a Rangers fan I'd certainly take that. My offer was the same thing as the Toronto one though: 2 Bottom 6 Fs and a Bottom 4 Dman for a Top pairing Dman and a Top 6 winger.

Kerfoot = Solid 40 Point 3rd Line C on a nice contract for 3 more years
Johnsson = Solid 40+ Point Top 6 LW on a nice contract for 3 more years
Dermott = Solid Bottom 4 2-Way LD

Kreider as of right now is a 50 Point LW rental that without a doubt would price himself out of Toronto after the playoffs for the exact same production Johnsson could easily provide to NYR/TOR if given the same playing/pp time.

DeAngelo = Top 4 Offensive RD

Not at all a "Terrible" proposal like some are suggesting.. It's bad asset management if Toronto was to make this trade but it could be the difference between missing/making the playoffs THIS year.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
A 1st and good, not great prospect. Or, straight up for a very good prospect (which GM’s rarely move, especially in a league that’s trending younger and cost effective).

Most Rangers fans would be happy with a return similar to what Hayes got last year at the deadline.

I’d want a little more considering it looks like a shallower market this year with CK being the best available option. Conditional pick based on player/team performance, or CK re-signing.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada

How about
Kreider (50% retained)

For

Studnicka
How about Strunicka and a 2nd would that work?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Kerfoot = Solid 40 Point 3rd Line C on a nice contract for 3 more years
Johnsson = Solid 40+ Point Top 6 LW on a nice contract for 3 more years
Dermott = Solid Bottom 4 2-Way LD

Kreider as of right now is a 50 Point LW rental that without a doubt would price himself out of Toronto after the playoffs for the exact same production Johnsson could easily provide to NYR/TOR if given the same playing/pp time.

DeAngelo = Top 4 Offensive RD

Not at all a "Terrible" proposal like some are suggesting.. It's bad asset management if Toronto was to make this trade but it could be the difference between missing/making the playoffs THIS year.

What makes this awful is ADA. He’s not available. He’s on pace for 60+ points and he’s just 24. The Rangers don’t need middle-6 depth at the expense of ADA.

Take him completely out of the proposal and come up with something else.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
How about Byram, a first, and a second? For Panarin
:laugh:
giphy.gif

Seriously though, why even post this?

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
2 cond. 1st's+ teams best prospect or a 23y top6 winger+ 1st for UFA winger.
Craziness at top speed.

The conditions are only met if Boston is very successful or if Boston retains Kreider beyond this season. If they win the cup I would guess Kreider to have a positive influence on that and a price worth paying (moving up from ~60 to 30). If Kreider extends in Boston for another 7 years then Boston is all in on their window for the next 3-4 seasons so Kreider is more valuable to them than another last first.

But, you know, "craziness at top speed" and all that

Reactions: qq

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The conditions are only met if Boston is very successful or if Boston retains Kreider beyond this season. If they win the cup I would guess Kreider to have a positive influence on that and a price worth paying (moving up from ~60 to 30). If Kreider extends in Boston for another 7 years then Boston is all in on their window for the next 3-4 seasons so Kreider is more valuable to them than another last first.

But, you know, "craziness at top speed" and all that

It for sure is.
You are asking potentially for 3 1st’s and as a quarantee Bostons best prospect who’s the only one with a shot at replacing Krejci.

For a damm UFA.

Boston has looked for 4 years for another top6 fit, your other plan is to fix that by replacing their 2nd line Lw with a new 2nd line Lw+ a 1st and making damm sure that’s not happening

Brilliant idea

I want to live in a fantasy land like that as well

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
It for sure is.
You are asking potentially for 3 1st’s and as a quarantee Bostons best prospect who’s the only one with a shot at replacing Krejci.

For a damm UFA.

Boston has looked for 4 years for another top6 fit, your other plan is to fix that by replacing their 2nd line Lw with a new 2nd line Lw+ a 1st and making damm sure that’s not happening

Brilliant idea

I want to live in a fantasy land like that as well

There you go with the 3 1sts again. You're impressive

Reactions: UnSandvich

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Well you wrote that proposal not me

Please point to where I suggested

Then we can continue this conversation, otherwise I'll continue to treat you as a troll

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yawn. You're talking in circles, enjoy that.

You get like this when called out on brutal proposals?

Did you or did you not have cond 1st round picks+ teams best prospect on your proposal?

Last edited:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Not saying I agree one way or another but a much lesser player in Zucc got two conditional 1sts last year.....

He also wasnt the top rental on the market last season either.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Not saying I agree one way or another but a much lesser player in Zucc got two conditional 1sts last year.....

I'm hoping "much lesser" simply means "shorter".

Reactions: qq

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm hoping "much lesser" simply means "shorter".

That goes without saying. Zucc had a very rough season with the Rangers last year. He did not take being on the block well and it affected his play.

He was 3 years older last season then Kreider is now (28 vs 31), less than half the goals (23 vs 11) and none of the attributes Kreider has.

Not to mention Zucc wasnt the top target last year at the deadline (Stone/Hayes/Duchane to name a few).

So yes much less of a player in both size and overall value when comparing the two during their respecting deadline seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

There’s a massive difference when you add a teams best prospect on top of those.

How many UFA’s bring that back?

and in Bostons Café they really need to find that 2nd line W, longterm solution which adds more value to the condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad