Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets - December 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah okay and I guess that makes Girardi good again? Even though prior to his taking a rest he looked like absolute complete and horrific dog **** on almost every shift.

Edit: Everyone already knows Girardi is only part of the problem.

Are you honestly saying that this is the general tone in regard to Girardi?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yes or no, and please only answer about Hank, do you think he's individually played well the last few weeks?
Has his play dropped off? Yes.

The Rangers have also given up 73 5-on-5 high-danger scoring chances (the blue area), 93 at all strengths, in the last 7 games.

He basically has to be heroic on a nightly basis for this team to win. It's like this team has slashed tires, dead battery, a squirrel in the muffler, cut brakes, sugar in the gas tank, and remarking that there's no washer fluid left.

Last edited:

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He was playing injured, you know? Or are you just going to ignore that?

This is what happens when you mismanage the cap. You get yourself into a situation where you can't carry an extra defenseman on the road trip, and if someone gets injured, they might just have to play injured. This team just can not afford to carry Glass's cap hit. I don't know why we do. He should be 13th forward to begin with if we keep this current group of forwards, but we shouldn't, I'd much rather have Bourque as the 13th forward who only gets a game if someone is out of the lineup, instead of Glass.

Forwards should be

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreids-Step-JT
Lindberg-Hayes-Etem/Stalberg
Etem/Stalberg-Moore-Fast
Bourque

If he was playing injured, then he shouldn't have been playing in the first place, period.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
It's pretty funny that you don't even need advanced stats anymore to justify that this defense is among the worst in the league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he was playing injured, then he shouldn't have been playing in the first place, period.

Might be a little easier for that to happen if we have the cap space to call up a defenseman, but since we didn't it was play injured or play with five defenseman for a full game.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
The Caps scored 5 straight goals after trailing Tampa 3-0 last night. ****ed we are.

I haven't felt so down on this team since October '13. Never thought we'd look that bad again.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The Caps scored 5 straight goals after trailing Tampa 3-0 last night. ****ed we are.

I haven't felt so down on this team since October '13. Never thought we'd look that bad again.

King Stralman also got absolutely undressed by Ovechkin. Maybe that will kill the nostalgia for a little bit.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Yea, you could make an hour highlight video of players undressing our defenseman alone...this season.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
When the other team has 41 scoring chances, 20 high-danger scoring chances, there's not much the goalie can do. Relatively speaking, 4 goals against wasn't bad; Yahoo! had him as the 3rd star IIRC.

zones-three.png

That's just....sickening

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That's just....sickening
But wait, there's more!

The Jets are 29th in HDSCA/60. :laugh:

A lot of these recent games were against utter **** defenses, they were all still winnable despite the Rangers playing like garbage, and the Rangers managed to fold like a something-that-folds-easily in most of them.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Been sick. Missed the game, I take it our defense played like our defense again?

This does feel a bit different than most slumps, the last time we looked this bad was the first 10 games of AV when nobody knew the system.

I'm not one to say shake it up easily, but I think you need to move a defender or two, problem is who can you even move? Boyle, he's retiring end of year pretty much, Girardi/Staal, good luck with that contract and NMC. McDonagh, not moving him. McIlrath, keep him. Yandle? He's good too. I don't know how you can fix this without making a drastic move.

Maybe Klein return and Girardi going back to playing better can help. Outside of that? I'm not sure, and besides when Klein and Girardi are back who is going to sit? Better not be McIlrath.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
When the other team has 41 scoring chances, 20 high-danger scoring chances, there's not much the goalie can do. Relatively speaking, 4 goals against wasn't bad; Yahoo! had him as the 3rd star IIRC.

zones-three.png

What is the average of those chance per game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia