Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets 3/14/13 - Tort-O-Rella

Kershaw

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that he was rising the bus in Hartford at age 21.

They're both riding the bus. There is no way Kreider deserved to make the team. Beacon commented that he was a mediocre AHL player that only got on the NHL team because of his name. If we had any depth guys from last year, I doubt he plays 2 games with us.

But Callahan wasn't playing in the NHL playoffs at age 20 either. Don't know what it is with Kreider. Expectations? Trouble adjusting to the grind of a full pro season? Whatever it is, I'm not ready to give up on him as a prospect just yet.

I'm not giving up either, but I don't think he's smart enough to be a 1st line player. It's been well documented that his hockey IQ was his only knock on him and that's separating him from becoming something special.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
They're both riding the bus. There is no way Kreider deserved to make the team. Beacon commented that he was a mediocre AHL player that only got on the NHL team because of his name. If we had any depth guys from last year, I doubt he plays 5 games with us.

I'm not giving up either, but I don't think he's smart enough to be a 1st line player. It's been well documented that his hockey IQ was his only knock on him and that's separating him from becoming something special.

Yes, his hockey IQ is certainly not of Stepan's quality. That's inarguable. In the future, I think that they would be great linemates. (They were linemates at the WJC.) If Kreider can learn to get himself open for shots, and Stepan is able to hit him with homerun passes, it'll be a great line. Kreider isn't going to be a great playmaker or deker. He needs to power to the net and make his living there. His 2nd Hartford stint also seems to be going much better than the first, (albeit, it's a small sample size.)

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
What? I know hank is our best player since 2005/06 and he has had great numbers in the regular season since entering the league but "What the hell has he ever won when it really mattered??"
Think about it. The team has blown a 3-1 in the playoffs(vs the Caps in 09) and a 2-1 lead(vs the Devils last year) losing 3 straight games to both teams with the almighty Lundqvist as out goalie. So please, stop with the whining and moaning that we are wasting another year of Hank when he has won absolutely nothing when it really mattered!

Henrik has proven time after time that he IS clutch for Team Sweden and Frölunda. So you can't really blame him can you.. It seems to be the team letting him down rather than the other way around? No?

Also, blaming Hank is ridiculous. I can tell you that few, very few, supporters of any team would criticize Hank like we do. We're taking Vezina-like performances every night for granted.

*Bob Richards*

What? I know hank is our best player since 2005/06 and he has had great numbers in the regular season since entering the league but "What the hell has he ever won when it really mattered??"
Think about it. The team has blown a 3-1 in the playoffs(vs the Caps in 09) and a 2-1 lead(vs the Devils last year) losing 3 straight games to both teams with the almighty Lundqvist as out goalie. So please, stop with the whining and moaning that we are wasting another year of Hank when he has won absolutely nothing when it really mattered!

We are wasting another year of Hank if we don't pull something out. Don't take his importance for granted. He IS the New York Rangers. We didn't lose the Devils series on Hank. We lost because the team was simply gassed. The system combined with the two prior 7 game series' just killed them. We haven't been able to surround him with any particularly good team.

Sure, last years squad was first in the East but we were noticeably bereft of any actual talent. Hank put up an absolutely incredible season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad