Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders - December 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Honestly felt better about that loss than some wins this year.

McI and Miller had their best games as pros IMO. Miller has never shown that before.

He has, moreso in his AHL career. His ability to take over a shift like that is incredible. It's a shame he has not figured out how to do it on a game to game basis at the NHL level.

Honestly the brilliance of dominating a shift like that rivals even the best shifts we've seen from Kreider or Hayes. If all three of them could just put it all together we'd have quite the monster.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Miller was one of, if not the best 2-way forward in his WJC year. He dominated. He just needs to play like he did last night consistently and he will be the same thing in the NHL. He has the size, strength and skill to be a 50-60 point dominating player. Just needs to keep his game simple and stay physical.

Kreider is the same way. Keep the game simple, play physical. The points will come

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Miller was one of, if not the best 2-way forward in his WJC year. He dominated. He just needs to play like he did last night consistently and he will be the same thing in the NHL. He has the size, strength and skill to be a 50-60 point dominating player. Just needs to keep his game simple and stay physical.

Kreider is the same way. Keep the game simple, play physical. The points will come

If Kreider shows up, the points will come. He hasn't even been making a quick appearance in some games. His disappearing act is getting very old.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If Kreider shows up, the points will come. He hasn't even been making a quick appearance in some games. His disappearing act is getting very old.

Agreed 1,000x over. I continue to see inteviews from him stating how he "needs to stop overthinking out there." He has the tools to make his game as simple as humanly possible. Skate, hit, go to the net. Period. He'd be a successful player if he did those things while remaining engaged every shift.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rangers lose.

Fans dump on the regular punching bags.

Others go unscathed, as usual.

I seem to be the only one who loves 3 on 3. After years of watching bad teams trying to get ties by playing boring hockey, the OT setup is great to watch.

I love 3-on-3 as well.

I only wish that they would start 4-on-4 and then go 3-on-3 until someone lost. Ditch the shootout.

BarbaraAlphanse

Agreed 1,000x over. I continue to see inteviews from him stating how he "needs to stop overthinking out there." He has the tools to make his game as simple as humanly possible. Skate, hit, go to the net. Period. He'd be a successful player if he did those things while remaining engaged every shift.

This is a rare time that I agree completely with something you've said. I said the same several pages ago on this thread. Simplify. Coaches need to help him in this regard.

303Joe

Feb 28, 2002
Port Jefferson, NY
Visit site
Girardi doesn't throw that puck in the crowd Isles don't score and we win 1-0. Worst play I've seen from him since Game 1 of the SCF.
All part of the game. If Tavares doesn't try to knock down Staals point shot and let it go through maybe the shot goes wide and Halak makes the save and the Rangers don't score. Instead he tries to knock it down deflects it right too Stalberg for the Rangers goal.
It was a good game both teams played very well and I thought both goalies were real sharp. Isles got 1 in the stupid shootout for the win.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
All part of the game. If Tavares doesn't try to knock down Staals point shot and let it go through maybe the shot goes wide and Halak makes the save and the Rangers don't score. Instead he tries to knock it down deflects it right too Stalberg for the Rangers goal.
It was a good game both teams played very well and I thought both goalies were real sharp. Isles got 1 in the stupid shootout for the win.

That was more of a "Girardi suck!" post than a "Rangers should have won!" post.

Girardi isn't the reason the Rangers lost but shooting the puck into the crowd when already down a man is just mind-numbingly stupid. Especially when not under duress.

303Joe

Feb 28, 2002
Port Jefferson, NY
Visit site
That was more of a "Girardi suck!" post than a "Rangers should have won!" post.

Girardi isn't the reason the Rangers lost but shooting the puck into the crowd when already down a man is just mind-numbingly stupid. Especially when not under duress.
Totally agree. Was just pointing out to many things go on during the course of a game to say one thing cost you the game. Happens to many times a game if a puck doesn't get deflected or blocked who knows what would have happened.
Bad rule but tough for them to take it out and leave it to the Ref decision if a guy did on purpose or not. We as fans with many tv views know when a guy does it on purpose to take heat off his team or when they get tired. There are to many plays when the puck just rolls on a defender and it goes I the crowd during a routine play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad