Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Islanders - December 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
honestly this was EASILY one of the best games we've played all season.

Rangers deserved 2 points tonight. I was pretty happy with what i saw.

Agreed. Thought Yandle looked great again. McIlrath is really starting to grow on me.

I'm encouraged. They played a good game and lost a skills competition. It happens. Have to work some kinks out, obviously, but tonight was encouraging.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
incorrect. stoll was in fact, very good.

plays with passion and grit. smart player who knows his role. he's unseated everyones favorite 4c for a reason.

FWIW I think Moore is a good bottom line forward but his game has dropped off a bit this year. When I look at the Isles 4th line--that might be the best 4th line in the league. It has size---they can all skate--they forecheck like crazy--get tons of hits and put up very good amount of offense for a 4th line. Cizikas is a really rounded player. Very good pk'er.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Way too many players having poor games and being dead weight to consider this a good game. Better than most of the crapfests of this season, sure, but the Isles were dominant after the first.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
They still need to be better.

When your best line is the one Glass is on and your best d-pair is Yandle-Wrath, it's not good enough.

Miller and Lindberg carried that line, but Glass did at least hustle.

Kreider is really disappointing. Sucks watching so much potential just rot.

varanger94

Jan 11, 2011
Don't watch any Islander games. Didn't know that their games were televised on NBC. What homers their Announcers are. Just two of many examples.
I guess it took until the second intermission to say something about the Rangers. How about showing how good Zuc has been this year. No, they tear into Krieder. He hasn't played well this year, but how about something positive.
On Tavaras's goal Staal was interfered with. A set play leaving Tavaras wide open. No mention. Just that the Rangers were mad at something. Post Game, Milbury shows the obvious replay and blames Moore for leaving Tavaras open. Moore had three people to cover. Seeing things through the eyes of the past and greatest GM of all time.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Solid fame tonight. Like someone else mentioned, played better in the loss than they have on some wins. Hopefully they can carry this into tomorrow.

Nash actually had a nice move but he needs to elevate the puck. He didn't fake forehand first so the goalie isn't going to move right to allow you to slide the puck there. There just won't be any room.

Zuccs move or shot he just ended up missing on. It happens. I wish he'd do the backhand forehand move some more. He literally scores on that all the time.

Boyles patience on his shot was hilarious seeing Halak flutter around. Just mishandled the puck. Unfortunately that happens, especially with a player that is not finesse like Boyle. Would rather someone else in the third spot but he did have him beat.

Yandle had a fantastic game. Pissed he wasn't in on the 3 on 3 more and especially the OT PP.

Still some bad bad blunders in our own zone which need to be fixed. Team showed it can play at a high level. At this point it's just about getting a decent seed and being healthy in the playoffs. We've seen through recent years how important just staying healthy is. The long regular season grind isn't that important. The team should be fine come playoffs.

I haven't seen many other teams play 3 on 3 but from a Rangers standpoint it's not that much back and forth anymore. It's been control by one team until another finally gains control then swap. In the beginning it was very fun and exciting. Past few times have been kind of boring.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
incorrect. stoll was in fact, very good.

plays with passion and grit. smart player who knows his role. he's unseated everyones favorite 4c for a reason.

Stoll was, in fact, not very good.

Once we remove all of the passion and intensity fluff he's an ok defensive player that's painfully slow and murders offense with a chainsaw.

RangersOwnNewYork*

thats 4 losses in last 5

the season has flipped. we won playing bad early. tonight we played better and lost.

kreider and nash both stealing money so far this season. so much talent wasted. nash looks like he's skating in mud and kreider looks like he's morphing into freddie sjostrom

i though dylan mcilrath had an outstanding game. composed and involved. nice job kid. :handclap:

Well, in their last 2 games they've gotten 3 out of 4 points. Nash has played very well of late. Hasn't he scored something like 6 goals in his last 8 games. Kreider on the other hand looks lost at times.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Don't watch any Islander games. Didn't know that their games were televised on NBC. What homers their Announcers are. Just two of many examples.
I guess it took until the second intermission to say something about the Rangers. How about showing how good Zuc has been this year. No, they tear into Krieder. He hasn't played well this year, but how about something positive.
On Tavaras's goal Staal was interfered with. A set play leaving Tavaras wide open. No mention. Just that the Rangers were mad at something. Post Game, Milbury shows the obvious replay and blames Moore for leaving Tavaras open. Moore had three people to cover. Seeing things through the eyes of the past and greatest GM of all time.

Wait, what? This was the NBC national crew. They're goobers, but they're not Isles homers.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Once we remove all of the passion and intensity fluff he's an ok defensive player that's painfully slow and murders offense with a chainsaw.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? The guy is a very capable 4th line center who is great on faceoffs.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Stoll is a leader. Nash is a loser, even when he does everything Stoll does outside of faceoffs.

Not that that was a good game by the 1st line tho.

Last edited:

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
great game, and I agree with the first couple posters. The game should have ended in a tie. It's a shame it had to be finished in the shootout gimmick. Both sides played a hell of a game. :popcorn:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean I had fun tonight. Couldn't say that in awhile. Team was unwatchable over this last streak. I literally stopped watching against Carolina which is the first time I've ever done that in a game we were winning. Tonight I was glued to the TV.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Don't know how people can say it was one of our better games of the season when our top 2 lines couldnt really do anything.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
I don't mind losing in a SO, even if Zucc's attempt was particularly pathetic. Not that he had a good game overall.

It's the 4 on 3 PP that left an awful taste for me. Nobody was really assertive, no one took charge or attempted to attack the net. 2 minutes of "patient" perimeter hockey. Thankfully Joe wasn't around to compliment them for it.

They have a top 10 PP, but it feels like some of it is due to luck in recent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad