News Article: Rangers in the Olympics

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Good for Lindberg. He had almost zero percent chance of making it, barring injuries but it will be a good experience for him. If he continues to develop he should be able to make the 2018 squad, if the NHL participates.

Says a bit where LINDBERG already is now on his Development curve. Can you hear somebody breathing down your back, Brian Boyle?

Bardof425*

Some shocking inclusions on the camp rosters on both Canada and USA, for me anyway.

Hamonic gets an invite over Girardi? We know he's good, but is he better than Girardi?

Also feel the US invited too many kids. Is Nick Bjustead really a better player than Brian Boyle at this point and time? They just probably want these kids to get a taste of the selection process, but if NHL isn't allowed to go in 2018, why bother?

Why would you bring up Brian Boyle? Are you suggesting that maybe he should have been invited? Yes, Nick Bjugstad is better than BB; in his sleep.

Bardof425*

Canada usually have some not so insignificant holes on their team. Ds who can be exposed. Too many players used to playing top minutes, and so forth. The usual curse of the too rich if you get what I mean.

But this year? This could be one of the stronger teams Canada ever iced, at least if Crosby is healthy and playing at top speed. Great goalie. They always have "names" on the blueline, but maybe not always guys who will play misstake free hockey in a 4th, 5th or 6th D position against really talented players. Usually there are a fair share of "Phanuefs" on their roster that can be exposed. Now they seem to be solid all the way.

Let them pick the team first. There is time for them to ice a questionable roster based on the resources they have at their disposal.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
yeah. Group A: Russia, USA, Slovakia, Slovenia. Group B: Finland, Canada, Norway, Austria. Group C: Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Latvia

Group A is definitely the strongest group, but I think USA should be able to win it if they play like they did four years ago.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Why would you bring up Brian Boyle? Are you suggesting that maybe he should have been invited? Yes, Nick Bjugstad is better than BB; in his sleep.
I think he probably mentioned Boyle because if he's better than Bjugstad (which he absolutely is) than there is a lot of U.S. players who are.

I don't think Bjugstad is a serious Olympic candidate this time around, I think they just want him to experience the process.

richardsequalscup*

I'm opposed to Callahan playing in the Olympics. He's already ancient for his age with all the injuries he has had and the way he plays. He would be better off taking the rest if he wants to be worth squat during the playoffs.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm opposed to Callahan playing in the Olympics. He's already ancient for his age with all the injuries he has had and the way he plays. He would be better off taking the rest if he wants to be worth squat during the playoffs.
Try convincing him that.

Bardof425*

I think he probably mentioned Boyle because if he's better than Bjugstad (which he absolutely is) than there is a lot of U.S. players who are.

I don't think Bjugstad is a serious Olympic candidate this time around, I think they just want him to experience the process.

You truly are funny. Yes of course Bjugstad is there for the experience as are Jones, Trouba...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
You truly are funny.
You may not know this, but I was actually voted the funniest poster of this subforum. I don't like to mention it much....

Not to turn every thread into a Boyle debate with you (ok, I actually love it) but how is Bjugstad better than Boyle now? He had 1 point in 11 NHL games this season (while getting a lot more favorable zone starts). And his last season of College is dwarfed by Boyle's.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
You may not know this, but I was actually voted the funniest poster of this subforum. I don't like to mention it much....

Not to turn every thread into a Boyle debate with you (ok, I actually love it) but how is Bjugstad better than Boyle now? He had 1 point in 11 NHL games this season (while getting a lot more favorable zone starts). And his last season of College is dwarfed by Boyle's.

I'm not really sure how to compare an NHL player whose played 6 seasons to someone who played 11 games, but Bjugstad is absolutely going to be much better than Boyle AINEC.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I see you're arguing that Boyle is better than Bjugstad, but I'd still say you're wrong.
I think it would be ridiculous to say Bjugstad is better defensively. Boyle was better than him offensively 7 years ago (and he's improved greatly since then). Those are the two components that make up hockey.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think it would be ridiculous to say Bjugstad is better defensively. Boyle was better than him offensively 7 years ago (and he's improved greatly since then). Those are the two components that make up hockey.

Skating wise, Bjugstad moves much easier than Boyle. Much better stride which is what limited Boyle for such a long time.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you break it down skill-by-skill Todd Bertuzzi was a better player than Jarome Iginla and Enver Lisin is a better player than Brad Richards.

I agree that Bjugstad is a better skater and shooter than Boyle, but are the results?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If you break it down skill-by-skill Todd Bertuzzi was a better player than Jarome Iginla and Enver Lisin is a better player than Brad Richards.

I agree that Bjugstad is a better skater and shooter than Boyle, but are the results?

Time will tell. I believe he will be, yes.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I thought the argument was that Bjugstad was better at hockey (while sleeping) than Brian Boyle? Is that REALLY true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad