News Article: Rangers in the Olympics

Bardof425*

Can we have one Boyle discussion without you gushing over his looks?

I certainly don't think use advanced stats to make definitive conclusion about a player, either. I haven't mentioned advanced stats here, either. They don't track Corsi in college. I'm sure you are as outraged as I am.

How did your eyes explain the fact that Bjugstad had 1 point in 155:32 at even strength and 10:53 on the powerplay? Really bad luck?

See this is another area where we differ. I think advanced statistics are a far better means of evaluation than comparing players to animals is.

You're arguing against no one here. I expect Bjugstad will likely be a better NHL player than Boyle is at some point, and have said as much in this thread.

I like Bjugstad as a prospect. Last year, I picked him with my first round pick in an entry draft in a keeper league. But is he better than Boyle right now? Let's be reality.

didn't see Bjugstad in his limited NHL time; so no explanation coming. watched him alot in college in the WJCs. He's a player and his work at Minny makes it clear to me that he is ready to play with men; likely at a pretty high level (learning curve aside). Hey, I'm a Ranger fan. I wish Boyle was better; but he's just not. There's too much that Bjug can do on the offensive side of things that BB just cannot and he has great size to boot. We have sufficiently beat this to death.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
didn't see Bjugstad in his limited NHL time; so no explanation coming. watched him alot in college in the WJCs. He's a player and his work at Minny makes it clear to me that he is ready to play with men; likely at a pretty high level (learning curve aside). Hey, I'm a Ranger fan. I wish Boyle was better; but he's just not. There's too much that Bjug can do on the offensive side of things that BB just cannot and he has great size to boot. We have sufficiently beat this to death.
Yeah, I like Bjugstad. I watched a lot of him this season because I was keeping tabs on Skjei. He's a great college player. But having a skillset does not guarantee NHL success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad