Post-Game Talk: Rangers in Ottawa, Sunday 3:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
We don't know what goes on in the dressing room and on the bench. Maybe the young guys respect Boro when he speaks , who knows. Some people you listen to, and some you drown out. Some people are positive and encouraging some are negative. I'm not saying Ryan is the latter, but I'm sure the coach has his reasons why he gave Boro the A. Maybe he was just saying thx for doing the top pairing thing, when we both know you're not suited for it, who knows ? Leadership isn't about pts and goals, its respect from the guys in the room. The guys know Boro's ' got their back ' on the ice, maybe he's got it in the dressing room too.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
We don't know what goes on in the dressing room and on the bench. Maybe the young guys respect Boro when he speaks , who knows. Some people you listen to, and some you drown out. Some people are positive and encouraging some are negative. I'm not saying Ryan is the latter, but I'm sure the coach has his reasons why he gave Boro the A. Maybe he was just saying thx for doing the top pairing thing, when we both know you're not suited for it, who knows ? Leadership isn't about pts and goals, its respect from the guys in the room. The guys know Boro's ' got their back ' on the ice, maybe he's got it in the dressing room too.

This guy gets it.

I've been on plenty of teams where the most talented player is not respected and no one cares what they think or say.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Was at the game and had a great time. Fun game to be at, team played really well.

Prince and Puempel should stay up & be regulars - both looked like they belong to me. Sure, Puempel is purely a complimentary player but who cares. He can snipe and help out offensively even if he doesn't carry the puck or create much individually. I think he's a very solid replacement for MM.

Prince has been beaten to death, but I think the speed and skill he brings more than offset his lack of size.

Zibby is a lot of fun to watch when he gets a head of steam with the puck up the middle. You could just see the Rangers D back off out of respect. If he takes his game one more step forward and becomes a bit more consistent - we have an elite #2 C imo.

Only player that bothered me a bit was Neil - he likes to wander around and get out of position, especially when looking to make a hit in the offensive zone. Rangers used that against him several times to exit the zone with ease. He played fine otherwise though.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
agree that puempel is a good michalek replacement.
And i think prince is a good macarthur replacement.

still, get well soon boys.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa

This times 100, Mark's been a captain at every level he's played. He's the epitome of professional and probably the hardest working guy I know, and always has been. Even if he isn't the most skilled I guarantee he's one of the most respected guys in that room.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This times 100, Mark's been a captain at every level he's played. He's the epitome of professional and probably the hardest working guy I know, and always has been. Even if he isn't the most skilled I guarantee he's one of the most respected guys in that room.
Why are people making such cases a big deal over a character of the alphabet being placed on some guys jersey.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
because some players seem to really want it, so it's important to the players. so that makes the captaincy important

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Why are people making such cases a big deal over a character of the alphabet being placed on some guys jersey.

Humans are social animals. If the anointed leaders of the group are floating around, why should the peons bust their butts? If you're looking up to someone, and that person has amazing work ethic, never takes shortcuts, and truly 'gets it,' then chances are you'll follow that path, as well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I disagree and I think you do too. You were not your usual vocal self about him.

I don't think I commented in the gdt at all I was watching with some people so wpuld have been rude. What I mean by quietly terrible is that his mistakes didn't lead to scoring chances. And the team had their best game of the season and New York was off. It was the perfect opportunity for cowen to look adequate. He was still all over the place in his own end.

Big shot though

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The only good leader is the Alfredsson type. Where you lead by example. Not some player who shouldn't be a regular on any NHL team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad