Confirmed with Link: Rangers hire Gallant as HC

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
OFC everyone can have their opinion on the departure of JD and Gorton. Personally, I thought they were doing well for us and was sad to see them go but maybe with Gallant being hired, I can look back on the fallout from Dolan and say it ended up being a mixed bag? I obviously didn't like him ditching JD and Gorton but if he never fired them, would we have gotten rid of Quinn so quickly and then hired Gallant? I'm not sure. Just thinking. Maybe we got at least something good out of all of this.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I'm expecting to see Mike Kelly join him on his staff since he's been with him forever. With Gallant in the fold, I honestly would try to avoid large-scale roster changes outside of some minor tweaks here and there. I really think this team can be successful under him and the style he gets his teams to play.

idk anything about coaching styles, idk if Florida and Vegas were similar roster/personnel wise,
but seems to me that Gallant works with what he got and makes players elevate their game big time.

Vegas remains the perfect example here. That first season was absolutely amazing.
Gallant got the team to the Stanley Cup Finals. Considering the roster, he has to have been a major factor.
Be it coaching (tactics) or motivation (emotion), I'm very excited to see what's gonna happen here.

I expect some major growth, a transformed demeanor on the team.
Kaapo has to be his priority #1 imo. We need that kid to go through the roof, around the moon and back.

Not to jinx anything or forebode, but I also can't wait for that inevitable x-factor, the "uh-oh" to show itself.
Gallant has two kinda mystery firings behind him, member?

Best hiring we could have done.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
We got exactly what we wanted... which is rare in sports. Excited to see what he can do with this team.

Really? We got Gomez and Drury on the same day. Keane and Skrudland on the same day. Naslund. Holik. They were the best available on the market. Got exactly who we wanted those times too lol

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Really? We got Gomez and Drury on the same day. Keane and Skrudland on the same day. Naslund. Holik. They were the best available on the market. Got exactly who we wanted those times too lol

My point is the rest of the industry is now going to wish we Hindenburg to 31st in the league because the Rangers "always get who/what they want."

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I have no problems with Quinn but it will definitely be a boost for the players to have a coach of Gallant’s stature behind the bench. Lends some gravity and should inspire some extra confidence.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

I'm pretty bummed that the only time I got what I wanted, was Kaapo Kakko and the miraculous #2 pick.

Reactions: will1066

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I wonder if any of the other top coaches available would be willing to join him as assistants . Maybe if they don't get hired before camp starts lol

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020

As a Devil's hater, I only got what I wanted when we shipped Gomez's overrated ass to Montreal.

Getting RMcD was just the cherry on top.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
player coach?

upload_2021-6-14_17-44-50.png

upload_2021-6-14_17-45-27.png

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Looking forward to his press conferences to see what he makes of the roster as is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad