Rangers heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRantLftyC19

Mar 17, 2007
Hank is our best player, but he's not singlehandedly carrying us anymore.

Exactly. He's got a McD and Nash as fellow elite players on the team, and each night it's a different player really stepping up. Some nights it's Stepan, or maybe Brass getting 3 assists, or St Louis with a big goal, and even guys like Klein helping immensely with the win. One game Fast and Miller took over. NYR has great depth, like last year, but we don't have that deadweight Richards anymore. As soon as Kreider starts playing well (who is literally the only guy not playing up to expectations), that 6 LD spot gets more consistent, and they get a good faceoff guy or Hayes gets better, they'll be on course for where they were last year. Wouldn't be surprised if they, along with Washington, battle the Isles and Pens for the top spots.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
It's not.

You're sort of right.

The Rangers' ES sh% is high and likely to regress, but not completely unsustainable over an 82 game sample. Last season, Anaheim had a 9.8 ES sh% in the entirety of the regular season with a PDO of 102.3. Boston had an 8.5 ES sh% with a PDO of 102.5.

This season the Rangers have an ES sh% of 9.3 and a PDO of 101.6. The interesting thing about this statistic, perhaps even more than the Rangers shooting at 9.3%, is the fact that they're exactly 15th in the league as far as ES sv% goes, even after their current 8 game winning streak. Last year they were fourth. It's reasonable to assume that the Rangers' ES sh% will regress, but it also isn't a stretch to say that Lundqvist's ES sv% will continue to increase. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Last year when the Rangers had horrendous shooting percentage we were just a bad offensive team. This year it's good and it's unsustainable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People seem to think that because a shooting percentage was above average for 33 games it'll automatically go down before 82 games are up. It's not like this will be a million game sample, a shooting percentage can stay high for all 82 games. It happens every year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Funny how nobody bought up sustainability last year when we were quite literally breaking NHL records for low shooting percentage.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Funny how nobody bought up sustainability last year when we were quite literally breaking NHL records for low shooting percentage.

Nah man, we were just boring and a poor offensive team. :laugh:

Also, it's quite possible that we start putting up more shots like last year. We've become a better possession team lately.

DonKingKong

Dec 18, 2014
The Rangers are seen as heating up but the Kings with more points are being seen as having one of their worst seasons of the past few years. I guess everything is relative.

Here's hoping we get a rematch for the cup again this season.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The Rangers are seen as heating up but the Kings with more points are being seen as having one of their worst seasons of the past few years. I guess everything is relative.

Kings have 1 more point in 3 more games. Not really that impressive. And yea, hoping we play anyone but the kings if we make the finals.

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York

The Rangers have 1 less point, 1 more win, the same amount of ROW, and a higher gpg than the Kings all in 3 less games played

DonKingKong

Dec 18, 2014
Kings have 1 more point in 3 more games. Not really that impressive. And yea, hoping we play anyone but the kings if we make the finals.

The Rangers have 1 less point, 1 more win, the same amount of ROW, and a higher gpg than the Kings all in 3 less games played

Thank you both for further proving my point. I believe that is what you are trying to do because that is exactly what you have done so good job. The Kings are seen as having a bad season and still have 1 more point than the heating up Rags. Sure you have a couple games in hand but win all 3 of them and you will still be right around the same amount of points as us and we are seen as struggling by some.So again, thanks and hope we meet up in the finals again, that was fun though a little disappointing. :p:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Thank you both for further proving my point. I believe that is what you are trying to do because that is exactly what you have done so good job. The Kings are seen as having a bad season and still have 1 more point than the heating up Rags. Sure you have a couple games in hand but win all 3 of them and you will still be right around the same amount of points as us and we are seen as struggling by some.So again, thanks and hope we meet up in the finals again, that was fun though a little disappointing. :p:

Are you so dense with homerism that it needs to be broke down for you? The rangers had an god awful season and recently went on a ridiculous stretch and playing like the hottest team in the league after finally getting healthy.

and for what it's worth you and anyone saying the kings are having their "worst" season or whatever must be full of it considering they are at a bottom playoff spot during the regular season every year before going on a long streak and climbing up. Hell, they were an 8th seed for the first cup.

DonKingKong

Dec 18, 2014
Totally. I would've been so disappointed if the Rangers had won the Stanley Cup in 5 games. What a bummer that would've been.

I was completely happy with winning the cup, it was a great thing. I was just told about how great the Rags were going into the finals by everyone that I thought they would have made more of a series of it. But lets hope we meet up again this year. It should be much more interesting.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was completely happy with winning the cup, it was a great thing. I was just told about how great the Rags were going into the finals by everyone that I thought they would have made more of a series of it. But lets hope we meet up again this year. It should be much more interesting.

Sorry about that. Next time we'll go to overtime in all 4 of your wins, instead of just 3 of them.

DonKingKong

Dec 18, 2014
Sorry about that. Next time we'll go to overtime in all 4 of your wins, instead of just 3 of them.

You are right there. We played pretty poorly letting you guys get to OT 3 times. Not typical of our game. Hope we see you again this time around so we can remedy that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You are right there. We played pretty poorly letting you guys get to OT 3 times. Not typical of our game. Hope we see you again this time around so we can remedy that.

We're 106-1-6 the last 4 years leading after 2 periods, and 2 of those 7 losses came in that series. So you might say we played pretty poorly letting you guys get to OT 3 times. Not typical of our game. Hope we see you again this time around so we can remedy that.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Letting us get to OT? Sorry for letting the Kings get to OT, usually we hold our leads after 2 periods. Not typical of our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad