Rangers heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Six wins in a row and playing great. This is the team that made the SCF last year and it's the 1st time this year they are playing like it. I have no doubt they can at least make it back to the SCF and possibly win. Thoughts?

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Rangers are a very good hockey team. 2 plays 3 in playoffs and I'm willing to bet we see isles rangers in first round and it's going to be the hardest challenge for the isles IMHO. I'd rather play someone else in the first round. Henrik hitting his stride too.

With that said let's not pretend theve had the hardest schedule. Carolina 2x Edmonton and Calgary during this streak. That's a joke lol

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Never understood my fellow Isles fans trash-talking about their start when they've been a consistently good team for a while now. You knew this would happen. They've got too many good pieces to just suddenly fall apart.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I mean it's not like we're facing world beater opponents, but there's very clear improvements in their game that are starting to show. The defense has really tightened up and Staal in particular has been really good the last 5 games. We've only given up 8 goals during this winning streak.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
When stepan, Boyle and McDonaugh came back from injury, It was the first time the team had anything close to a healthy roster the entire season. Unsurprisingly enough, they go on a 6 game win streak with multiple shutties and have 3-4 games in hand on multiple teams ahead of them. Can't complain.

Oh yeah and jinx thread is jinx and all that jazz.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I mean it's not like we're facing world beater opponents, but there's very clear improvements in their game that are starting to show. The defense has really tightened up and Staal in particular has been really good the last 5 games. We've only given up 8 goals during this winning streak.

I agree with this

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jinx is obvvious

Haha yeah, the hockey gods don't like the very clear jinx thread, username Matt Martin from Long Island :laugh:

He isn't wrong though. I think most people knew this was coming at some point. Rangers when everything is working are a scary team.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
I think Rangers, CBJ and the Caps are the 3 best playoff teams in the East, all three can roll 4 lines and lately playing tough grinding style with tight checking, and all 3 teams had a rough start mostly due to inconsistent goaltending and injuries

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I think Rangers, CBJ and the Caps are the 3 best playoff teams in the East, all three can roll 4 lines and lately playing tough grinding style with tight checking, and all 3 teams had a rough start mostly due to inconsistent goaltending and injuries

It's true, the Caps are being coached to play tight checking, uncomfortable close games, and it's working, they have turned a corner. The Rangers are always capable with the King in net, and are also well coached.. and CBJ... where do I start? They are impressing more and more again this year and they've yet to have a full healthy roster. All 3 of those teams are getting excellent goaltending and can grind it out. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out for sure.. its a tight pack.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Did Tampa and Montreal relocate to the West?

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Did Tampa and Montreal relocate to the West?
Montreal doesn't have the size to hang in 7 game series, if any of those 3 teams I mentioned play their cards right they would grind out Montreal, and unlike Boston, the Rangers, Caps and CBJ have the scoring punch, as far as Tampa they have a lot of youth in their line up, they are already losing games left and right, weary NHL season catches up with them I think, this is just my opinion after 30 games, let's see how things evolve from here

darkbrew*

im sorry you feel that way?i would pick the isles over the rags right now and maybe even the capitals and leafs

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
16-7-4 since the 1-3 start.

Last year, they turned their season around in late December. They're doing it a few weeks earlier this season.

Three-way tie for 6th in GF, 11th in GA.

Stepan is 4th in the NHL in APG behind Voracek, Giroux and Crosby. Nash is 2nd in GPG behind Seguin. They don't play on the same line.

Eight combined shutouts between Lundqvist and Talbot-- most in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad