Rangers heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We're playing well, but I'm not yet ready to crown us. Still not sure what to make of the season that Staal has had or if he will even be on the team in a few months. I'm also unsure what to expect of Brassard, Stepan and Nash for the rest of the season. I also really don't like what I've seen from Dan Boyle and the #3 LHD spot is a position where we need more stability. Also, Hayes can't win faceoffs, so thats not good. We are good, but I'm not ready to say we're going to win the cup after this streak.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Stepan 6th among centers in PPG:

Ahead of him? Crosby, Getzlaf, Giroux, Seguin and Malkin.

If he was better on draws he'd be an early favorite for Selke finalist.

No he wouldn't. That award is based solely off reputation. It's such garbage. Stepan should have been a finalist in the short season if it was based off actual play

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Wouldn't go that far. I'd be a little bit stunned if the Pens don't win the division when all is said and done.

Pens and Islanders don't play playoff hockey, Pens top-6 is ridiculous with or without injuries, Islanders are soft, mentally fragile team, Caps and Rangers are playing on different level, Pens early success was mostly due to very hot PP, now that PP went from hot to freezing cold Pens have very hard time generating much 5on5, it was not a fluke that Caps shut them out last night...

Caps and Rangers had a tough start mostly due to shaky goaltending, both Holtby and Hank were not playing well for the first 6 weeks of the season, but now goaltending is very solid for both clubs, in my opinion by the end of January we will see Caps and Rangers on the top of Metro

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
i can't process how there's actually people out there who would say lundqvist cracks under pressure. Do these people realize even devils and islander fans would give credit to lundqvist while they spew non sense like this? That says ALOT.

But nah. He's only won a gold medal. 5-1 in game 7's with a 1.00 and something about like 10-3 in elimination games.
Plus those years where he carried inferior NYR Teams on his back into the playoffs, but that's nothing, really.

Lundqvist can't take dah preshar.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
To a small extent I think one has to take the strength of schedule into account. With that being said winning 8 in a row is no small task regardless of the competition. My guess is they win on Monday in Dallas and the streak will come to an end on New Years eve vs. Florida. The team is finally healthy and firing on all cylinders. Kevin Klein has been outstanding for us with 7 even strength goals and has also been a rock on defense. Stepan has taken his game to a new level this year and McDonagh & Lundqvist are finally rounding into form. If Nash keeps his play up and Zuccarello/Kreider can pull their heads out of their ***** I think we may be able to catch the Pens and make the race for the division close.

All in all I am very proud of this team. I don't know that I have seen a Rangers team with this much chemistry since the Jagr/Straka/Nylander days. It is nice to see.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
To a small extent I think one has to take the strength of schedule into account. .

Okay lets take it into account

the start of the streak was against the leading east team (and at the time one of the hottest teams) vs PIT

Then the team went on a west canada road trip and swept that.
Then came back and took care of business vs CAR
and went and dominated another hot team in the league vs WSH.

Any way people to spin it, 8 wins in a row is a rarity these days.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rather than focus all our attention on Henrik's credentials--I think we could also debate Ovechkin's--who has a reputation for being a selfish, egotistical and sometimes lazy (on the defensive side of the puck) player and a coach killer. Tons of talent but....

MetalGodAOD*

Rather than focus all our attention on Henrik's credentials--I think we could also debate Ovechkin's--who has a reputation for being a selfish, egotistical and sometimes lazy (on the defensive side of the puck) player and a coach killer. Tons of talent but....

What does this have anything to do with the Rangers?

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Rangers are already playing playoff style hockey by winning ugly and they are darn good at it . It is something of a team identity that has been established since 2012 .

We rely heavily on our goalie who is the best in the business and likely will be in the top in almost every category when he is finished . Without him we are just a mediocre team in so many ways .
If we had more depth at Center we would have won a couple of Cups by now but unfortunately they do not grow on trees . We slowly are building an arsenal of skilled forwards such as Buchenvich, Fast , Haggerty , Hayes , Duclair , Miller and Kreider and Stepan ....these guys will be our best guys within 2-3 seasons after Nash & Brassard & Zucc have been moved for Cap reasons and other pieces.....so best you guys get used to our team being around the top for a few more seasons and many more trips to the Final 4 which is an elite group that many fans know not much about in recent times .:p:

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
Rangers are already playing playoff style hockey by winning ugly and they are darn good at it . It is something of a team identity that has been established since 2012 .

We rely heavily on our goalie who is the best in the business and likely will be in the top in almost every category when he is finished . Without him we are just a mediocre team in so many ways .
If we had more depth at Center we would have won a couple of Cups by now but unfortunately they do not grow on trees . We slowly are building an arsenal of skilled forwards such as Buchenvich, Fast , Haggerty , Hayes , Duclair , Miller and Kreider and Stepan ....these guys will be our best guys within 2-3 seasons after Nash & Brassard & Zucc have been moved for Cap reasons and other pieces.....so best you guys get used to our team being around the top for a few more seasons and many more trips to the Final 4 which is an elite group that many fans know not much about in recent times .:p:

That's a real outdated argument - they're worse without lundqvist just like the penguins are worse without crosby, lightning without stamkos, etc...

Rangers quietly have a top offense this season. Not a one man team like pre-2012.

Also I doubt Brassard is going anywhere, his contract for the production he's put up this season is a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad