Post-Game Talk: Rangers have life(short Lived) as B's fall 4-3

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
What i want more than anything is for the B's to win Tomorrow so Felger can eat his words. He is already saying he expects a game on Wednesday here in Boston! But I know if the B's win he will not bring himself to admit he is wrong. I used to like this guy's contrarian view point, but now he is just absurd. Goes to the extreme.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
This is absurd

As a team, the Bruins did next to nothing to lose that game last night. Chara made a mistake you never see him make, and Rask slipped. Two things you have never seen either player do in a Bruins uniform.

The Rangers did next to nothing to win that game, including getting killed in OT until their only real chance. So it's disappointing the Rangers actually won, but that's all it is. If you take aside the fact a Bruins team lost a 3-0 lead a few years ago to a different opponent, there's nothing in these last 4 games that would lead anyone to think the Rangers could win the next 3.

People need to stop being such pu$$ies about this. And Felger is just wrong (though I'm sure he's just doing this to get some calls).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As a team, the Bruins did next to nothing to lose that game last night. Chara made a mistake you never see him make, and Rask slipped. Two things you have never seen either player do in a Bruins uniform.

The Rangers did next to nothing to win that game, including getting killed in OT until their only real chance. So it's disappointing the Rangers actually won, but that's all it is. If you take aside the fact a Bruins team lost a 3-0 lead a few years ago to a different opponent, there's nothing in these last 4 games that would lead anyone to think the Rangers could win the next 3.

People need to stop being such pu$$ies about this. And Felger is just wrong (though I'm sure he's just doing this to get some calls).

Did you think the Bruins would drop game 5 at home to the Leafs, and game 6 ? And they would score a grand total of 2 goals in those two games? Bruins have had two games this series where they have scored 2 goals and won both of them. You don't think maybe Lundqvist has a shutout in his bag of tricks? Or maybe Rask plays lights out for two games and we lose both 1-0, 2-1 ?

**** happens. That's why you don't give a dead team life. You have seen it before. It is indeed possible. Probable? No... but we've been down this road before..with this core and this goalie. It took an absolute miracle...gutty performance to not complete the full choke last round and you are calling people pu$$ies? Our Bruins team led by Tuukka Rask have a 2-8 record in clinching games...with a sub .890 sv pct and just about 3.50 GAA.

Now I agree, full scale panic is not warranted...but the Rangers did come from behind...twice...and did win it in OT...not in game 1...in game 4...the last game we played...so I have no problem with people feeling the way the do and I don't think you should get so bent over it either...get pissed at the Bruins for making this something it didn't have to be...:laugh:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center

get used to it. he needs a break pronto. He's not exactly fleet of foot to begin with and he's been getting beat to the outside more often lately. soon his poke check will begin to suffer as well. NY forwards will begin to take the extra time and space and hilarity will ensue.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
get used to it. he needs a break pronto. He's not exactly fleet of foot to begin with and he's been getting beat to the outside more often lately. soon his poke check will begin to suffer as well. NY forwards will begin to take the extra time and space and hilarity will ensue.

I agree that he needs a break, but whatever the hell that was last night wasn't caused by fatigue, it was a lack of communication. Chara was very soft on the puck, but you could tell he didn't know he had a guy so close.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I agree that he needs a break, but whatever the hell that was last night wasn't caused by fatigue, it was a lack of communication. Chara was very soft on the puck, but you could tell he didn't know he had a guy so close.

i see. so he had no other soft clear outs that went nowhere, no other times when he went in the corner for a loose puck with nobody on and came out puckless and chasing after a ranger who scooped it up. etc.? Even if we win game 5 if the next series is against the pens and it starts right away he needs to sit for game 1 so he comes back (relatively) refreshed so we can stand a chance on the pk. Our pk surviving penalties instead of killing them the last couple games is no accident. Chara tired. He anchors PK. PK not itself. simple math.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Both outcomes for tomorrow would seem appropriate I think.

Bruins win 5-2, crush the Rangers in a spirited affair. Krug with another goal.

Bruins lose 3-2, in a game where they outshoot the Rangers 40-28. Krug with a goal.

Really neither headline would surprise me. But going back to NYC up 3-2 is something I'm nearly certain Rask isn't prepared for, mentally. Need this done in 5, or all bets are off. I really believe that.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
i see. so he had no other soft clear outs that went nowhere, no other times when he went in the corner for a loose puck with nobody on and came out puckless and chasing after a ranger who scooped it up. etc.? Even if we win game 5 if the next series is against the pens and it starts right away he needs to sit for game 1 so he comes back (relatively) refreshed so we can stand a chance on the pk. Our pk surviving penalties instead of killing them the last couple games is no accident. Chara tired. He anchors PK. PK not itself. simple math.

I was talking about that play specifically, if he knew there was a man so close he could have easy ringed the puck around the boards instead of looking for a pass in the middle.

There is no way in hell that Chara sits out a game, none. I really hope they close it out tomorrow because he and some others really need a recharge. I would like the Bruins to really lay it o them tomorrow so he doesn't have to play 30mins, but I think we both know that's not going to happen.

The next series won't start until next Thurs at the earliest. So they close it out tomorrow and have at least 4 days off.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I was talking about that play specifically, if he knew there was a man so close he could have easy ringed the puck around the boards instead of looking for a pass in the middle.

There is no way in hell that Chara sits out a game, none. I really hope they close it out tomorrow because he and some others really need a recharge. I would like the Bruins to really lay it o them tomorrow so he doesn't have to play 30mins, but I think we both know that's not going to happen.

The next series won't start until next Thurs at the earliest. So they close it out tomorrow and have at least 4 days off.

hadn't looked this up and didn't know this. that's good.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I think there is a higher chance of the Sens winning than the Rangers winning.
Nevertheless we have to wait for the West to finish as well. I doubt the Hawks lose in 5 ...

But we definitely need to close this one out. Not only to rest but to advance ... I don't need yet another game 6 on the road.

Chieftans22*

The series will be over before NY can say "Chara is too tired'

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Both outcomes for tomorrow would seem appropriate I think.

Bruins win 5-2, crush the Rangers in a spirited affair. Krug with another goal.

Bruins lose 3-2, in a game where they outshoot the Rangers 40-28. Krug with a goal.

Really neither headline would surprise me. But going back to NYC up 3-2 is something I'm nearly certain Rask isn't prepared for, mentally. Need this done in 5, or all bets are off. I really believe that.

The Rangers really haven't shown me much to be too worried about losing 4 games in a row to them. Two being at home.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The Rangers really haven't shown me much to be too worried about losing 4 games in a row to them. Two being at home.

They also mostly played some of their worst hockey in the first few games. The point I was trying to make is with Boston playing fairly good hockey, and NYR playing fairly bad hockey (even by their standards), if Rask were to lose a bit of confidence, we could see the tables turn. I wouldn't love the idea of going to MSG up 3-2 with the prospect of a hot Hank and a cold Tuukka. That's sort of my point.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
too many are focusing on the leafs and their comeback.. the rangers have not looked close to the leafs... krug right now is outscoring nash... the team is outplaying the rangers on an ongoing basis... they have lost one game in overtime... with the bruins giving up two "lucky" goals... this series is going 5 games.. bruins win !!! and off to pittsburgh we go !!!

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Let's be honest. Ottawa is probably getting eliminated tonight.

I think you guys are the best set in the East to shut them down and take them out.

Please avenge us. Destroy Pittsburgh. Sweep them. Crush them. Give them nightmares.

Afam*

I Just remembered that the bruins are up 3 games to 1 against the rangers and not 3 -2. We got this. No way the bruins lose three games to the rangers team.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

I think you guys are the best set in the East to shut them down and take them out.

Please avenge us. Destroy Pittsburgh. Sweep them. Crush them. Give them nightmares.

Well if we're going to do you a solid, return the favor. Continue your series and beat the hell out of them. Hit them hard and often.

Afam*

Thanks. I hope you guys beat the pens tonight.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Sorry Sens. You guys had a great year all things considered.

The Pens scare me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad